We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Had a good offer to go back to sky (Shhh, i was thinking of going back anyway, i've missed it ) was offered free sky plus with free installation but didnt get round to accepting before it run out, am glad it did, have been offered the same plus £50 worth of M&S vouchers :j

OMG tho, i had to have new cable and new dish (free) and what a pallaver, i had to pull all my furniture out, looked like a bomb site here, think i've got pnuemoconiosis from the dust and cobwebs :o
    Thats why i've not posted today, i was busy cleaning and putting things back.
    At least the house is now clean for me to go away :rolleyes:
    Made me realise what a bloody hoarder i am too.
    So, tomorrow, a big sort out.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :spam: I'm presuming this is to what you are referring?!

Yep, bob on :rotfl: Tis v nice and will post it in next coupla days. You use spam as the pastry :D

Night all!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, <<<< look at the time :rolleyes:
    Woke up for the loo and couldnt go back to sleep, dont know whether its overtiredness from yesterday or thinking about the pre holiday sorting and faffing.

Am having a coffee til my eyes start to droop.

Cant seem to get on track either focus icon9.gif and so didnt want a bloated belly to go away icon9.gif
    Wasnt even good in work yesterday, and they are usually easyyto stick to.

Ah well, think i'll have a few games of bejweled blitz on FB.
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    morning everyone need some non lc) advice quick please. told you all im unwell but im still been dragging myself into work. problem is one of my work colleagues (the guy i always have sometimes have problems with) always gives me a hard time about coming in unwell cos i will get him ill. I really feel like not going into work today, normally that wouldnt be a problem but im worried something my manager asked me to do wont get done by anyone and then i will be in trouble. The guy has already said he will do it for me except he only knows how to do part of it. I could make it into work no problems but the spending all day listening to him moan and go on at me really has me down right now. Yesterday he had a go at me for eating a cough sweet because he said it stank :( please someone be the voice of wisdom and tell me whats the best thing for me to do?
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    focus888 wrote: »
    morning everyone need some non lc) advice quick please. told you all im unwell but im still been dragging myself into work. problem is one of my work colleagues (the guy i always have sometimes have problems with) always gives me a hard time about coming in unwell cos i will get him ill. I really feel like not going into work today, normally that wouldnt be a problem but im worried something my manager asked me to do wont get done by anyone and then i will be in trouble. The guy has already said he will do it for me except he only knows how to do part of it. I could make it into work no problems but the spending all day listening to him moan and go on at me really has me down right now. Yesterday he had a go at me for eating a cough sweet because he said it stank :( please someone be the voice of wisdom and tell me whats the best thing for me to do?

Go into work and give him a smack and tell him to stop being so childish!

He sounds like a complete tool, i would deliberately wind him up, but thats just me:o
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks G&B you are right he is a tool. But unfortunately someone i have to put up with. Thanks for your help xxx
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    Wasnt the most constructive advice Focus, but i'm not known for my diplomacy:p Honestly go in, do your job. If he starts on you tell him you have been given a job to do and you are going to do it. If he says he will do it for you, remind him that he doesnt know how to do it all. Have you spoken to your boss about him?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

focus, hope you got that work thing sorted. :(

I'm feeling bl00dy awful today :( Headachey & spaced out due to low-carbing & a hormonal hag due to pmt :( Just stay out of my way everyone!! :rolleyes:

Already had my brekkie cos I was so hungry - 3 chipolata cumberland sausages with 1-egg buttery scrambled egg. Could still eat something else though, think I'm going to be a bit of a hungry nose today :o

mazzers, I've been sleeping really badly as well but at least you have an excuse - I'd be bouncing if I was going on holiday :D Hope you managed to get back to sleep you little dormouse, you.

Have to go out today but really don't feel like it :( but I'll be a martyr :rolleyes::rotfl:

Have a good day everyone :wave:
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    g&b - go to work hun and be proud to know you haven't pulled a sick day. Maybe you could have some antibac hand stuff and tissues nearby so he thinks you are being considerate.

Failing that, take him a face mask/dust mask and tell him it should stop him catching and germs....

The thing is with offices, you catch stuff anyway cos of the atmosphere, air conditioning - so even if he does get ill, it could be anyones germs

Hope you feel better though, thats more important

all fine on the low carb front, over week one of induction and is going well - not hungry, lost a bit of bloat and cravings are dipping slowly. Had korma from the takeaway last night but nothing else and I know they make it with cream and no sugar (cos I asked!) and it was yuuuuummmmmy

only had babybel for brekkie as got up late and now having the usual cwoffee

mazzers - I can't believe you were awake at 5am!? can you not take some sleeping pills? I usually take coedine before bed if I've not been sleeping well

thats not good advice though is it? I think my doctor would complain if I was telling people to use coedine as a sleeping pill

hmmm

boss is due in any minute so going to pretend to do proper work, even though there is none!

have a good day everyone! xxxx
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Everyone

I'm in a stinker of a mood this morning as I've put 2lbs on and I havent done anything to deserve it.I suspect that TOTM is due soon so that might be the problem.Still not nice to find out though

Sweet-I find a couple of paracetamol bizarrely enough relieve the carb crash symptoms.Have a good day anyway and dont spend too much lol

Focus-You need to put this guy back in his box and stop being afraid of him.He's a bully and bullies thrive on fear and intimidation.Just look him in the eye and tell him to sod off and mind his own business.Maybe not using the foul language but hey I find foul and profane language works well for me:rotfl:

Mazzers the sleep problems are just excitement over your holiday.But this is no help when you end up going on holiday and using the bags under your eyes to pack your essentials in:rotfl:It could be worse though and the woman behind the desk could inform you before boarding that there are restrictions on hand luggage and the bags under your eyes waaaaay exceed it:rotfl:

Lesleyxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport