We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• marrowgirl
    Options
    Anyone any ideas of the best lc thing to order at the Chinese. Going out for a meal tonight and stuck with what to order.

Hmm, well try to stay away from the rice if you can -brown is better than white though. Maybe you could have two meaty dishes instead? The one with beansprouts rather than the noodly one (I get confused between chow mein and chop suey) I'd probably go for something like beef in hoisin sauce or with chicken & cashews. I'm the worst one to offer advice tho, being as I don't eat meat or stick to LC very well!!

I've got news -the interview seemed to go well -I have a new job!! Ok it's just til Mid Jan (so far) but I'm soooo excited. Scoffed a load of choc and feel quite sick now. that'll teach me. Start in 2 weeks (after the dreaded trip to the Fatherland) so planning my low carb packed lunches already.

XXX
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • paula7924
    Options
    well done !

re chinese - crispy duck, chicken with beansprouts/mushrooms etc, prawns with ginger. egg foo yung is good. The problem is that they often use sugar/cornflour in the sauces so you're still not sure what you're getting (although you could always ask them what doesn't have any in....).
    don't have any noodles or rice at all......
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone

Been decidedly off the LC eating plan today but in my defence I feel justified as it was my youngest sons first day at school and the poor little petal desperately didn't want to go and screamed and cried all the way up the path through the coatroom and into the classroom.I cried with him and resorted to chocolate and fish and chips for lunch to console myself.Ironically my son came out of school all smiles and according to the teacher was a good boy all day.Only got to worry about the scales tomorrow now lol

Lesleyxx
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    focus888 wrote: »
    well done on the weightloss paula :) love it when i see the scales go down. Its stupid but its what we have trained our brains to look for. bad habits are hard to get rid of.

Anyone got any good ideas for rhubarb? i have a huge bag of them in the freezer which i got last time round and never actually found anything good to do with them. Tried to make a crumble with them and ground flaxseed awhile ago but the taste wasnt that great. might try it with ground almond instead. Problem is i tend to put too much sweetner into the rhubarb to make it taste reasonably ok lol. sort of misses the point of eating better if i put a tub of sweetner into my pudding lol

When stewing rhubarb add a few pieces of cinnamon bark. Reduces the need for sweetener and tastes great! To further reduce sweetener requirements, leave it tarty and eat with thick cream :)

I love rhubarb!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Gawd, all i do is sleep :o

Read the posts but was too tired to write any.

Too many to catch up with now, i'm not ignoring you, just dont wanna read em all again :rolleyes: am still groggy.

I am off to find some food :confused:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    When stewing rhubarb add a few pieces of cinnamon bark. Reduces the need for sweetener and tastes great! To further reduce sweetener requirements, leave it tarty and eat with thick cream :)

You're a bl00dy genius, Mercy!! That sounds soooooo good it makes me want to rush out & buy some rhubarb right now!! Don't know if it's in season though?? :confused:

Marrow, well done on the new job, tis a good boost for you!! :D

mazzers, WAKE UP WOMAN!! :pHope you're up to this holiday - you'll be packing cocoa & slippers instead of slinky binkies & shades!! :rotfl:

Well I have been a low-carb saint today :A and I feel great :D

I had an obscenely large cumberland ring sausage for my brekkie with a blob of egg mayo on the side - kept me going for ages - sorry, there's no way to make that sound not rude is there!! :o Then I had a couple of babybels mid-afternoon & coronation chicken for dinner. Might have sneaked an apple in after that but that's it!! :D Feeling a bit peckish now but I'm going to bed soon so won't be having anything else. Actually wish I'd bought some of those whole almonds when they were on offer as they would go down a treat :rolleyes: But now I mention nuts (down, focus!!) I might treat myself to some of those KP Salt & vinegar nuts to nibble on at this time of the evening, haven't had them in ages.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Slinky binkie, i think not!

I think i've put a few lbs on, haven't weighed in ages (thats a good sign innit ) or is it? maybe not!

Anyway, went so long without eating that i had a ready meal, yuk, why did i bother, am never buying any ready meals, ever again, they are so awful, wasnt even a cheapie either.
    I have to start buying food in work, it's really cheap, but not very lc unless i stick with an omelette, or maybe a nice salad, coz i'm starving coming home (a sure sign that i'm not lc though, as i never used to get hungry) and am then eating the wrong things.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    I was very good and low carb yesterday:D Woken up feeling crap this morning, hoping it will pass though as i have a busy day!

Just going to make some food to take to uni as the low carb options are pretty non existent there!

Have a great low carb day everyone.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:

Tis a bit of a chilly 'un this morning (even though I was boiling first thing, but that may have been a hot flush!! :o)

mazzers, I forgot to say last night (too busy insulting you!!) about why you are always tired. I know you think it's the medication you are on (& you are probably right) but have you asked your Doc/pharmacist recently for a medication review?? It may be that they can tweak the dose?? Or give you something to take to perk you up (to counteract the effects of the sleepiness)?? I know you already rattle :p but I do wonder if there is something out there that could help. I do worry about you y'know my snoozy friend :o :kisses3:

Well, I'm having another obscenely large cumberland sausage for brekkie, it is cooked & cooling down next to me as I type :D Might boil some eggs for egg mayo this aftie. Not sure what to have for dins?? Supposed to be fish today but I don't have any in so will have to trek to the Co-op to see what they have. I'm very aware that I didn't have any 'greenery' yesterday so I'll have to try & incorporate some in my meals today.

Have a good day all, I'm off to sink my gnashers into this [STRIKE]sausage[/STRIKE] brekkie!! :wave:
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Might have sneaked an apple in after that but that's it!! :D Feeling a bit peckish now but I'm going to bed soon so won't be having anything else. Actually wish I'd bought some of those whole almonds when they were on offer as they would go down a treat :rolleyes: But now I mention nuts (down, focus!!) I might treat myself to some of those KP Salt & vinegar nuts to nibble on at this time of the evening, haven't had them in ages.

:rotfl:you girls know me too well now. I cant help myself. Havent tried those salt and vinegar nuts but i love asda's chili peanuts. omg they are divine!! not great for you but taste so good *drools* lol

still not back on track. was good all morning and afternoon but then i came down with something in the evening and just thought forget the diet. So now im trying to survive on soup and bread :( i know not great. But i dont feel well. i have man flu where i turn into a big baby and a very grumpy one at that lol. :p poor bf has to put up with all my tantrums. I cant even stand myself when im unwell. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport