Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning, lovely here too, off to work in a mo, hoping i can have a good week pre hol icon6.gif

Been tidying and doing last minute prep as i hate rushing at the last minute, so feeling a bit less stressed icon7.gif

Think of the peace you'll all have next week :p

See you later.
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm very bouncy and smiley today (so far...the hormones could kick in at any time)
    Mr Postie bought me a Blackberry that I had won from a facebook comp so that made me very happy, til OH waltzed off with it.
    Had stewed fruit & yoghurt for brekkie. Fruit was any old manky thing that was about to go off but generally peaches and plums. Not LC but deffo helping in the bathroom iykwim! Plooks have gone mad. Really think GP should have told me side effects of helping my periods was that I'd get greasy skin, boils and turn into a grumpy teenager. :eek: (if only I was a slim as I was then...)
    xx
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    Mmm those nutty bacon bits sound lurvly, need to stock up on meat and eggs today so will make some later - got a bit of red plonk hanging about in freezer for gravy - will try that. weather is lush and got nandos for lunch then pub dinner - gonna try and be low carb - in fact i will be low carb!

watching a coat on ebay slowly creeping up in price, got a bidnip thing on it so hopefully I'll still get it! don't like thinking about winter coats on a sunny day but I'm thinking ahead.

anyway enjoy the weekend :D
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Tis me again :rolleyes:

Thought I'd share something with you to give you a giggle at my expense :o

Just had a lovely long lie in the bath & then planned on having a quick shower to wash my hair after. Decided to sit in the bath whilst waiting for the water to empty but, when it had emptied, I looked behind me & there was still 4 or 5 inches of water in the bath - my big fat backside had acted like a dam!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know I should be mortified/ashamed/embarrassed etc. but I just thought it was hilarious!!

Think I should change my name to Beaver!!

I already have the teeth!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • paula7924
    Options
    I have SO been there!
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • paula7924
    Options
    Morning all. I am feeling very chirpy today - it must be the sun.

I wrote a huge long post and didn't post it because I thought it was just too narcissistic! In summary though, I have decided that I don't mind weighing more than I used to, and being more wobbly and having wrinkles & grey hairs because although I had better raw ingredients to work with back then I now have more confidence in myself, can dress myself better and have discovered Spanx (and luckily lots of women my age haven't and are even more wrinkly and wobbly than me!)

The number on the scale is just a number. It doesn't determine how nice I am, how good I am or even how attractive I am. Smile more and draw attention away from your muffin top :)

Here endeth the lesson ;)

Have a great weekend, I need to drink more water now and flush out last nights naan bread :D
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    Tis me again :rolleyes:

Thought I'd share something with you to give you a giggle at my expense :o

Just had a lovely long lie in the bath & then planned on having a quick shower to wash my hair after. Decided to sit in the bath whilst waiting for the water to empty but, when it had emptied, I looked behind me & there was still 4 or 5 inches of water in the bath - my big fat backside had acted like a dam!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know I should be mortified/ashamed/embarrassed etc. but I just thought it was hilarious!!

Think I should change my name to Beaver!!

I already have the teeth!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When I am in the bath there is no room for the water!! My cat (Yoshi) is obsessed by water so if I haven't closed the bathroom door properly he comes in and jumps in the bath. (another reason I tend to favour showers) My dream is to one day be slim enough to be able to share a bath with a hunky man (not a cat with tuna breath).

I got a bit confused when I weighed myself today coz the scales said I was 10 stone lighter. Realised the 1 from the front is missing from the digital readout but it felt nice for a while, thought I was very underweight!

Toodlepipski.
    x
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, know it's late but that's just how it's rollin right now :rotfl:
    mazzers wrote: »
    Think of the peace you'll all have next week :p

See you later.

I don't want peace next week! I want you! OK then go off on holiday. Have a really great time and come back jolly :D Hope it's the best one ever girlie! :j
    paula7924 wrote: »
    Morning all. I am feeling very chirpy today - it must be the sun.

The number on the scale is just a number. It doesn't determine how nice I am, how good I am or even how attractive I am. Smile more and draw attention away from your muffin top :)

Here endeth the lesson ;)

Have a great weekend, I need to drink more water now and flush out last nights naan bread :D

You are so right! Beauty has more to do with smiling than shape! We are all so luvli if posts here are anything to go by :D Cheers! :beer:

I'm happy cos nice bloke still fancies me even if we haven't gone out for a few weeks (hols etc) :)

sweets - if my friendly aris whoopin has directed you a bit I'm happily glad :)

Just ad a nice nite and am now off to bed.

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Having a lazy Sunday :D Didn't wake up until nearly 8am which is unusual for me!! Had a very weird dream - dreamt I was breastfeeding someone elses baby!! :eek: Where the heck did that come from?! :confused::rotfl:

Anyway, weird dreams aside :rolleyes: it looks like it's going to be another nice day here. Had an improvised last-minute BBQ last night (burger & pork/chilli sausages - yum yum) followed by a roaring fire in the chimnea. It was a clear night so there were hunners (Scottish for hundreds) of stars & I just sat back on my chair & stared up into the sky. It was lovely. Sorry if I sound a bit cheesy there, but it was really nice. :D

Dinner tonight is a Sunday Roast Chicken dinner *slobber slobber* - might remember to make some stuffing this time. Will use up leftover chick to make coronation chick tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day :wave:

PS. mazzers, you are noticeable by your absence!! :p Hopefully you are just busy, busy with holiday preparations :D
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2009 at 9:46AM
    Options
    Ah, glad you missed me Sweet ;)

I was soo tired, went to bed and slept for several hours after work :o
    Was up til 4am then though, didnt post as no-one was here (cept Mercys late one)

I saw the stars too, was getting my (damp by then) washing in, was a beautiful night, when my youngest was younger, me and him ( i know, i know, it's he and I ) would often go look at the stars and we saw some unusual things happen up there, once we saw a 'star' that suddenly went very bright, and shot right across the sky at great speed?? Hmmm.
    Also, once saw a sort of boomerang shaped, huge black thingy, glide across the sky, it was completely silent, and i only know it was black coz it blacked out the stars behind it iykwim, i hadn't been drinking either, i was getting the washing in and sat on the step gobsmacked.

Anyway, enough of the twilight zone, back to lc :rotfl:
    Was ok-ish yesterday, went a bit over later on but the first day back is always a struggle for me.

Beautiful day, gonna start packing as i'm working Saturday, and we go early hours of Sunday, will do some cleaning, tho dont know why i'm bothering, what with two lazy sons left here :rolleyes:
    Hopefully my bed will not see any 'action' ewww, but will change the sheets anyway, just incase :D

beef roasting in the oven, so will have a glass of wine with that later ;)

Have treated us to some fillet steak so we can have a nice meal together before i go (never know, might never come back) if anyones interested, there's a 1/3 off at the counters in Tesco, i had 3 very large fillet steaks for £8 odd.

Oh dear, i've made up for not posting yesterday :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport