Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are all (except the good people) slackers in every respect low carb! SHAME on you and you know who you are. Time to stop the MEMEME now and think about the MEMEME in a bit!
    MXXX

That'll be me and sweet then :rotfl: Oh and you focus :o:o:o<<<< three shamed faces :rolleyes: :D
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    That'll be me and sweet then :rotfl: Oh and you focus :o:o:o<<<< three shamed faces :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, well, at least they're pretty ones!

Can't get on fb at all tonight. Will lose scrbble game. Can't play chromatica. Am a bit lost.

Heyho!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Sharlee
    Sharlee Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »

2xlarge vodis alongside pint of limey water.

Now that's a good idea! I was wondering what to replace the gassy tonic with.

Thanks
    Sharlee
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sharlee wrote: »
    Now that's a good idea! I was wondering what to replace the gassy tonic with.

Thanks
    Sharlee

For a long drink you could try vodi/lime/soda. Still with the gas there but totally low carb and a nice long drink. Well it depends how you make it but there's scope :rotfl:

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • yummymummy79
    Options
    Just wanted to add my latest recipe/creation. After a bit of experimental with my random soya purchases today, I have come up with a reasonable end product of Choc Protein Soya Pancakes! I tend to struggle with snacky type stuff to have with a cuppa, so hopefully these will plug the gap. not gonna pretend they are the best tasting treats in the world, but us low-carbers are used to that surely!

So this makes 8 pancakes (used egg ring on griddle to cook):

1 egg
    100ml milk (suppose could sub with cream?)
    20g soy flour (few dessert spoonfuls)
    12g plain flour (couple of d spoonfuls)
    10g soy bran
    1 scoop choc protein powder
    1tsp cocoa powder
    3tsp splenda

Mix, cook, flip, enjoy (or at least tolerate whilst secretly dreaming of a Double Decker)!

Each one:
    48 cals, 3g carbs, 2g fat, 6g protein.

Now I know they are random weights of everything, but wanted to know exactly how much was in it to work out macros. Sure a few spoons of this and that would be adequate, as long as a pancakey consistency.
    Little lady arrived 13/12/11
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, another lovely one, only nine days til

th_BeachchairSmiley.gif

Sorry for those who are not going this year but i rarely have much to look forward to

th_violinplay.gif

So might be getting a bit excited :j
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!! feel so rough i think its all the carbs ive been consuming :( why do i do these things to myself??? i know i feel very ashamed yet it doesnt stop me stuffing my face with cakes. Someone slap me i think i need it lol
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Mercy, I wish I could get my head around low-carbing again, it's just not happening atm :( I've been craving all the naughty things - I'm like a woman possessed!! I'm bloated (belly is like a beach-ball & face all puffy) but even with those symptoms, I just can't stop bl00dy eating carp!! :mad:

In my defence I do have a lot of things on my mind/plate atm (not just metaphorically :rolleyes:) so I think there's a lot of emotional eating going on there. Hope things will get better/become clearer in the next couple of weeks & then I can start afresh.

Sunny, sorry you are leaving us but I do completely understand your motives. I'm sooooo jealous of your heaving freezer, you will save so much money by eating the stuff out of there which is no bad thing. Happy anniversary for yesterday btw. :D

mazzers, I certainly don't begrudge you your holidays. Jealous?? yes, but begrudge?? no!! :D Just wish I could fit into your suitcase!! :rotfl: And you have every right to be excited!! Now where is that bouncy excited smiley??

Have a lovely day everyone, I'm so glad it's Friday, it's been a looooong week. :wave:

Btw, the weather is beautiful here so I'm off to put some washing in the machine. Hope it stays nice for the weekend. :cool:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    focus888 wrote: »
    Morning everyone!! feel so rough i think its all the carbs ive been consuming :( why do i do these things to myself??? i know i feel very ashamed yet it doesnt stop me stuffing my face with cakes. Someone slap me i think i need it lol

There must be something in the air!! :rolleyes::o:p:rotfl:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Now where is that bouncy excited smiley??

bounce3.gif
    There you go, tis a bouncy excited mazzers!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family