🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    I first posted about it at just after 12 and ate it about 2 so you are a really slow typer:rotfl:

Lol, that made me laugh!! Actually I can type 60 w.p.m. & I have the certificates to prove it!! :p:rotfl:
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,121 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My chicken is out of the oven and is all golden brown and smelling great. I stuck a whole lemon up it's fundamental so the flesh is lemony flavoured, can't wait to eat it!

Guess what's for evening meal?

:confused:
  • 4Moneysaver
    Options
    [QUOTE=marrowgirl;24952889

Loving my brekkie. stewed fruit, greek yoghurt & seeds on top. Really thought I wouldn't like it but it is completely lush!

Marrowgirl, Which fruit do you stew? This sounds like my ideal breakfast.
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Don't ask me why but we used to use swedes as Hallowe'en lanterns when I was young!! Sliced a 'lid' off the top & then dug out all of the swede & made a scary face in the remaining 'skin'. Seem to remember it took us hours & hours!! What was my Mother thinking of?! :rotfl:

This was obviously in the days before pumpkins became popular!! :o

Peace and quiet while you scooped out a swede i spect ;):rotfl:
  • mazzers
    Options
    Marrow your brekkie sounds very much like mine, defrost frozen berries, (sprinkled witha bit of splenda )greek yogurt on top and crush some brazils to sprinkle on top.. totally lush.

G&B, carbs make me feel sicky afterwards too, never seems to stop me though :rolleyes:
    I now have a carby belly, cant even suck it in!
    Had nice day though, nice meal and a bit of retail therapy (them not me) i've spent enough lately :rolleyes:

Sweet, i love swede with lots of butter and pepper, mmm. And if it is lc, i'm having it again, i've avoided as always thought it high carb but not really sure as keep getting different results :confused:
    Just found a lc forum where someone chips and roasts them in oil and chilli powder for 'southern fries', mmm, sounds great.

Moneysaver, you've done great to lose 5kg, well done to you.
  • all this talk of swede, I WANT SOME! Can't buy it in France, they regard it as animal feed. So whenever anyone pays a visit, they are asked to bring over cheddar cheese and swede!
    BTW we arrived at Rochefort Monday evening and are being lifted out tomorrow. It has been sooooo hot here. I've only just got up from a lie down because it was too hot to stand up. Will be preparing Mediterranean roast vegetables, with cous-cous for 'is nibs, for dinner tonight.
    Vegetarian. Have cut out all high carb food. Not following any particular plan.Started 20/1/2009. Weight lost so far 29lbs. Target weight loss 38lb in total.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You lot are all swede mad :eek:, can't stand the stuff :rotfl:
    all this talk of swede, I WANT SOME! Can't buy it in France, they regard it as animal feed. So whenever anyone pays a visit, they are asked to bring over cheddar cheese and swede!
    BTW we arrived at Rochefort Monday evening and are being lifted out tomorrow. It has been sooooo hot here. I've only just got up from a lie down because it was too hot to stand up. Will be preparing Mediterranean roast vegetables, with cous-cous for 'is nibs, for dinner tonight.

I agree with the French!

Well jealous - goes without saying:rotfl:, Glad at least one of our number has had a proper summer though :)

After taking cheddar to switzerland recently I think I'll have to do that lots more, mate has missed 'proper cheese' since she moved.

Being good isn't making any difference. Really poo.

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Gers
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    You lot are all swede mad :eek:, can't stand the stuff :rotfl:

Point was that I had HORRIBLE swede... so not very swede mad - could be mad for the Swedish blokes though!

Mercy wrote: »
    Being good isn't making any difference. Really poo.

MXXX

Now you're the first person to gee up those who are having bad times with LC so here's some support for you. It will happen, just perservere and things will change.

:A
  • mazzers
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    Point was that I had HORRIBLE swede... so not very swede mad - could be mad for the Swedish blokes though!
    /QUOTE]

Oooooh me tooo :j
    Do you know of any going spare????
  • Gers
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »

Oooooh me tooo :j
    Do you know of any going spare????

Not telling!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.