Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• 4Moneysaver
    Options
    I had the strangest brekki today - a pot of Tesco roast mushroom pate and that was it! It was nice but now I need some lunch which will be sardines in tom sauce and salad and I've got some plums (are they ok?) Those hairy male buttocks (pics above) are enough to put me off anything naughty. Going to have some chicken drumsticks tonight not sure what else. Have a good day all and thanks for making me laugh!
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
  • 4Moneysaver
    Options
    A newbie question. When I was on Rosemary Conley's diet in order to keep within the 5% or lower fat content she recommended, all you had to do was choose foods that were 5% or lower per 100 grams. Do you guys use this same rule of thumb for checking the carb content of foods?
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    hallo hallo hallo

much more chipper today - thanks for letting me rant :) must've helped get it off me chest cos now i feel much better about it all

Wagammas was a dissapointment - verry poor service, food came at different times and I wasn't allowed to substitute rice for more veg/salad - so had to choose a different meal. not very good, i'm a believer that you should be allowed to eat what you want at a restaurant and they should accommodate.

i ended up having cumin chicken salad which was tasty but nothing to write home about...

oh well - nandos on saturday should make up for it - lots of lurvely chicken!

made a nice salad today as working near home and can spend lunch hour there - mushroom, shallot, bacon and cream cheese mix with avocado and romain lettuce

was yum :D

flagging this afternoon at work so on second coffee with cream of the day - drinking loads of water though so not worried about it dehydrating me

looking forward to moving onto OWL so I can have berries - mushed, stewed and frozen

your breakkies all sound yum!!!
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    hello my lovelies,

In a fab mood today. Just been shopping for work clothes, even the ginormous size didn't dampen my mood. Had hair cut too. was hoping for gamine and tousled but looks more Russian shot putter. Oh well, it'll grow.

Brekkie -I have been stewing blackberries and raspberries in a little water and splenda. have tried apple & blackberry (apple not low carb but windfall!) but will prob use the frozen chappies in future if I can't find cheap berries. The fruity mush freezes too, so can make loads in advance, keep some in the fridge and some in the freezer. Mnomnomnom.

Sweet - you are not a heifer. I am twice your size and rubbish at icing (i'm Gicing at the mo)!

M.x

P.S LOVE the pics. Bring 'em on!
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi peeps,

i`m going to attempt to bow out ungracefully today. I`m going to be back on carbs but not like i was before :eek: at least until the freezer is emptied.

I made a list of everything in the freezer and we have over 50 meals in there ................. each :rolleyes: and i normally defrost it at the end of September for filling up with stuff for - dare i say it "Christmas"

September is the anniversary of when we moved into our house (wedding anniversary today too) and we have lots of bills to pay so really need to tighten our belts and eat what is in rather than buying any more so i`m off the low carbing for a while. I will be back eventually but i really wanted to thank everyone for "being there" and the support has been fantastic.

I`ll pop in every now and again for a nosy. Keep well folks and happy lc-ing.

:wave:

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • yummymummy79
    Options
    Not checked in for a while, but all still going OK, weekdays are reasonably easy to stay LC as I'm getting into a habit. Saturday night is still cheat meal which I try and use to get all my cravings out of the way. Sundays I do struggle a bit with though, sometimes ends up as a bit of a carb refeed day but without the junk, so not total loss I suppose?

Bought some soy bran and flour today from H&B just to give it a whirl and try and expand my repetoire of LC foods/recipes, found a few old threads that weren't overly positive about it but will see how I get on. Struggling to find recipes that don't include lots of 'normal' flour too though!

4MS - I suppose the under 5% thing could be a reasonable plan to adopt, be an idea to still keep a tally of the total though. Some things that are over 5% are still OK in small quantities so worth bearing in mind too.

Got some double cream today as seen plenty of people on here using it but when i got home and checked the cals i nearly fell over! 1 tablespoon is about 10% of my daily cals so gonna have to use it very sparingly I think.

Tried a few new recipes over the last couple of weeks that I would recommend: Mexican Turkey Burgers, Thai Salmon Fishcakes and Meatloaf are the main ones, the courgette lasagne was OK too but quite watery, prob just me doing something wrong.
    Little lady arrived 13/12/11
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    A newbie question. When I was on Rosemary Conley's diet in order to keep within the 5% or lower fat content she recommended, all you had to do was choose foods that were 5% or lower per 100 grams. Do you guys use this same rule of thumb for checking the carb content of foods?

I think Dr D ( lc, but not as strict as Atkins ) recommended things at 5g carbs or less per 100g, i'm sure Mercy will be able to tell you for sure later.

Sunny, i dont blame you, use up all your grub and come back soon.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    I think Dr D ( lc, but not as strict as Atkins ) recommended things at 5g carbs or less per 100g, i'm sure Mercy will be able to tell you for sure later.

Sunny, i dont blame you, use up all your grub and come back soon.

Yeah, 5% or less is considered lc though Dr D only uses this to refer to processed meat. Does depend on what you are eating and in which quantities. 200g of something 5% carb = 10g carb. 3 items in a meal, 200g of each would be 60g which is just not on :) Keep a track of how much you are eating if you choose this path. May end up eating many more carbs than you thought. Look at total carbs for your day and take it from there.

Sunny - you have more going on here than just a diet. MSE way would be as you eat your way through the backlog, add good foods for the freezer. In lcing ways these would include meat on whoops, frozen cauli, more meat on whoops, more frozen veg and fruits for when the fruit n yog gets you. Etc etc, Don't declutter your freezer to empty else you are paying to chill air which will leave and be replaced with the warm version every time you open the thing :rotfl: Thus costing moolah which could have been spent on the ingredients for a nice lc bakewell tart :rotfl:

Sorry to hear you are all (except the good people) slackers in every respect low carb! SHAME on you and you know who you are. Time to stop the MEMEME now and think about the MEMEME in a bit!

That said, I love you all and my life would be duller without yous :o

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    Anyway, today

coconut oil n supplements
    B - piece of almond slice
    snack - boiled egg n cheese
    L - 2 drumsticks with salad n mayo
    D - Bavarian ham wrapped round chicken and brie with 5 mini plum toms
    last piece of almond slice, maybe with cream, maybe not.
    2xlarge vodis alongside pint of limey water.

Have had transport probs all week and think that's why it has seemed such a long one. Works been interesting but this week seems to have lasted about 10 days so far. Can't wait for 5pm tomorrow. Will be home and with the weekend (shaping up to be a good one) before me :D:D:D

Tomorrows food will be
    coconut etc
    B - boiled egg n cheese with cheese and a couple slices of bavarian ham for snack
    L - 3 hot dog sausies, cheese and (200g)beans all cooked up
    D - to be arranged. (though without cheese I fancy :rotfl:)

I posted tomorrows as may well be sleeping by now, then :rotfl:

Big fat low carb hugs to all!

MXXX
  • Mercy
    edited 10 September 2009 at 9:32PM
    Options
    The almond slice is something of a work in progress. Trying to adapt the coconut slice recipe to an almond version. Success is on the way and think I'll more or less crack it next time. This time was a bit wrong but tasted nice so got something right :)

Have bought a tin of raspberries in juice to use as the jam bit. Will mush em up good style and use next time. Thanks to sweets for the fruit abuse idea :j It will be much lower carbs than the raspberry coulis I used last time. Couldn't find any sugar free jam in asda, think it would likely be rank anyway, but if you know better let me know.

Will post recipe once it's tried n tested.

Off to thrash mate at scrabble, unless she's already thrashed me. We both have just a few tiles left.....Ooh the excitement!:rotfl:

MXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure