🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• GoToGal
    GoToGal Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally caught up reading, hello everyone *wave* Hope you all have a good day. Just passed the half-way point at work, 3 hours to go *woo*
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    Hello all,

Loving my brekkie. stewed fruit, greek yoghurt & seeds on top. Really thought I wouldn't like it but it is completely lush!

Sweet- Bechamel sauce is just a little fat (butter) flour and milk, whereas cheese sauce is usually the same just with cheese. So, your cheesy sauce would be just right. MmMmmmM

Jen- Soz you are having such a tough time. I guess the easiest way is to think of your flat/house as just a place to stay and your "friend" as just a fellow boarder rather than a friend. Hard I know, but it seems as though she is not being a friend to you and it is just making you unhappy. I have had to cut away a so called friend this year. Friendship is two way, and there is only so much a person should have to take. In my case 10 years of taking was enough!!

Starting to write a huuuge post now so shutting up!

Awaiting Mr Delivery Man with my Ikea stuff.

XX
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • 4Moneysaver
    Options
    Good morning all. I had a dodgy tum over the weekend and couldn't face the pc until today. I'm all bright and breezy again now though. I had my monthly weigh-in with my local practice nurse at my GPs last night and I've lost 5 kilos. I know that most of that has gone in the last week on low carb eating. I'm still trying to get my head around all the food choices and need to do soime serious reading but ate double cream yesterday for the first time in ages - my goodness it was good and I didn't find myself with my nose in the trough again later. I've even given up smoking last week and haven't eaten more as a consequence. Hope everyone has a good day.
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    Had some lovely piggies in blankets with salad for lunch:D

My hubby is a bad, bad man. He knows i'm feeling pretty down so bought me a wispa gold to cheer me up:eek: I can hear it calling from the fridge:rolleyes:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • paula7924
    Options
    Loads of new names floating around - I have been away for a while, haven't I!

My weight is now too far away from my signature and too stable to be a temporary blip so I am off of lifetime maintenance and back onto induction. I have a horrible feeling the weight won't just drop off as easily as it did originally (but at least there is less to drop off)
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The wispa is no more! But it was yummy:o And now i feel gross, sugar actually makes me feel physically sick now:eek: Really headachey and nauseous:confused:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    soton, enjoy your meal tonight & try & forget about your 'friend' troubles, hopefully she will soon realise she's being a bit 'difficult'. I wonder if she's feeling stressed out & can't think of anything other than uni stuff??

marrow, thanks for the bechamel info :o I'm just lazy & wouldn't contemplate faffing around trying to get it right!! My cheese sauce is either double cream or creme fraiche warmed up & then cheese grated in & loads of black pepper. Simples!! :D

Moneysaver, well done on the 5 kilos off!! I'll just pretend that I know what that is in 'old money' pounds & ounces!! :o

g&b, how could I forget about the piggies in blankets?! Still haven't got round to making them (I keep forgetting).
    PS. new avvy I see - is that Richie back??

Well I'm not having pesto chicken as I wasn't prepared to pay £1.99 in Tesco for the jar of pesto when I know I can get it for 99p in Home Bargains!! I'm such a tightwad sometimes!! :rotfl: So, I'm having peri peri chicken instead because I've already got the seasoning in the house.

paula, good to see you back *waves*

Go2gal, *waves back to you*
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    The wispa is no more!

Lol, it was still there when I started my last post so either I'm a slow typist or you are a quick eater!! :rotfl:
  • gunsandbanjos
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options

g&b, how could I forget about the piggies in blankets?! Still haven't got round to making them (I keep forgetting).
    PS. new avvy I see - is that Richie back??

Yes Richie is back, i was missing him:D Smurf just wasnt the same.
    Bertrand Russell
  • gunsandbanjos
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Lol, it was still there when I started my last post so either I'm a slow typist or you are a quick eater!! :rotfl:

I first posted about it at just after 12 and ate it about 2 so you are a really slow typer:rotfl:
    Bertrand Russell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family