Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• sweetserendipity
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Its not for today, its a treat for in the week, before i go

I know, I know!! I do read your posts you know!! Was just saying enjoy them when you do eat them!! :rolleyes::p

No wonder they are happy for me to go!! :rotfl:

But they will be happy for you to come back, especially if you are bearing gifts!! :D
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    But they will be happy for you to come back, especially if you are bearing gifts!! :D

Hmmm, not too sure about that :D
    They'd rather flog the house and buy a couple of flash cars, trust me, i know them ;)

And as for the jam missus, the low sugar ones have been known to go mouldy in my house :p not enough sugar to preserve them :rolleyes:
    I do like a bit of jammy toast tho ;)
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Its wafting over to Wales as well, i went out for lunch again, all or nothing!!
    I had the biggest piece of cod i've ever seen on a lunch plate, had chips with it too.

Shh, dont mention them to G&B.

Lol, i can see you:p I had a really crappy week with more stressful family news. Put on a couple of pounds with my comfort eating again, but i'm back on track now.

Hope you enjoy your holiday mazzers:D
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning people.

Bacon and eggs on the go and I'm ready to have a great day. Hope the rest of us are too.

Got some pea and mint soup for a meal at some point today and chicken too, will see what takes my fancy when.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning peeps :hello:

g&b, sorry to hear you've had another bad week :(

Gers, pea & mint soup sounds nice :drool:

mazzers, I can eat jam in a jamtart :o Not that I would of course :rolleyes:

Well, tis going to be a busy old week this week & feeling a bit pmt-ish so not a good start.

Would like to try eating lower-carb this week so have boiled eggs in the fridge, cheese etc & will buy some more bits today.

Dinner tonight was supposed to be something with eggs but hubby suggested we have the coronation chick instead. Not sure what to have with that though?? :confused: Will see how hungry I am.

Anyway, off to have a shower. Have a good day everyone.:wave:
  • sotonsaverjen
    Options
    Not that we need any more proof that low carb food is better for us, something happened this morning that proves it all over again!

I was happily making bacon and eggs in a very safe frying pan on the gas hob... even made some for my OH as he has a busy day ahead of him. He is not low carb so started toasting some breakfast muffins and decided just warm them through on the top of the toaster.:rolleyes:

THE TOASTER CAUGHT ON FIRE!!!!:eek:

now if that isn't enough to stop you eating bread I don't know what is!!

(obv we are both ok and not a major incident as we had a fire extinguisher for electrical fires to hand - bloody life saver those things)

thou shalt never toast again....:T:rotfl::A
    SPC5 #1651 total so far: £78.59
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!! back on it today!! feel so rough from my carb binge this weekend!! throat is sore, nose is stuffy and my stomach has doubled in size. i know this is how the carbs have affected me. So back on track today!! just had some plain yoghurt for breakfast. its quite nice from all the bread ive been having. :D

havent catched up properly yet but hope everyone is good and had a great weekend. x
  • paula7924
    Options
    now I know I said that the number on the scales is just a number and I'm not going to base my self worth on it, but......it was so nice to see the number drop down this morning :D

so shallow i know, but there you go.

My carb-fest bloating from the weekend before last has finally disappeared too. How come it appears so quickly but takes ages to go away?
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    well done on the weightloss paula :) love it when i see the scales go down. Its stupid but its what we have trained our brains to look for. bad habits are hard to get rid of.

Anyone got any good ideas for rhubarb? i have a huge bag of them in the freezer which i got last time round and never actually found anything good to do with them. Tried to make a crumble with them and ground flaxseed awhile ago but the taste wasnt that great. might try it with ground almond instead. Problem is i tend to put too much sweetner into the rhubarb to make it taste reasonably ok lol. sort of misses the point of eating better if i put a tub of sweetner into my pudding lol
  • controlfreak32
    Options
    Anyone any ideas of the best lc thing to order at the Chinese. Going out for a meal tonight and stuck with what to order.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure