We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• marrowgirl
    Options
    Poor Focus -hope you feel better soon. Let all the crabbiness out, you'll feel much better then! When I am sick I warn people I am going to be very grumpy coz it makes me feel better.

At the mo I am completely hormonal. Its like being on my period everyday. I'm sore, bloated, tetchy, covered in angry boils and craving chocolate. :mad:(its all down to my coil -or bum implant as I call it! sorry if TMI) Will try to be good today. Just had some jelly and berries, probably omelette and salad for lunch and quorn for dinner. Unfortunately there is an (unopened so far) family size bag of M&Ms within reach and it's voice is getting louder....

Sweet -well done for being low carb yesterday. i'm rooting for you (whoop whooop!) :T
    Mazzers - sweet dreams ;)

M.x
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi!!! I did a low carb diet about 18 months ago but wasn’t prepared for the amount I would lose in the first 2 weeks and could afford a new wardrobe so stopped - however I yet again cant afford a new wardrobe and don’t want to buy bigger clothes so need to shift this weight on a diet I like!!!

I really enjoyed it last time - unlimited amounts of foods I love!! And full fat mayo!! Mmmmm!!! So I am determined to stick to it this time and lose the weight rather than my wardrobe!
    I will be starting it on Monday so I have time to say goodbye to my favourite carbs and get my freezer empty ready for lots of meat!

Is it still the same rules as before? Up to 20 carbs per day in the first 2 weeks then start to add at 5 per day?
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    marrowgirl wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is an (unopened so far) family size bag of M&Ms within reach and it's voice is getting louder....

Am I too late to stop you?! If they are/were peanut M&Ms then that's not so bad because we are allowed nuts :rolleyes: Can't be much [STRIKE]chocolate[/STRIKE] covering on them anyway!! Just grasping at straws here!! :D

Sweet -well done for being low carb yesterday. i'm rooting for you (whoop whooop!) :T

I can't believe my head is finally in 'the zone' whereby I think I can actually do low-carb!! :rolleyes: Keep rooting for me, I need all the roots I can get!! :rotfl:

Hello newcook, you are very welcome on this thread :D Sounds like you are on Atkins?? There are some Atkins peeps on this thread (somewhere) but I'm doing general low-carb & not being as strict counting carbs. What you said about carbs sounds right for Atkins though. Any more questions, please ask & someone will help you. Don't forget to look at Post number 1 for links to recipes etc. Good luck. :D

Well, I didn't have egg mayo for lunch, I had mashed cauli & broc with grated cheese on top. It looked a lot like baby food, but tasted lovely!!

Dinner tonight is going to be an omelette methinks, probably cheese. I've bought some double cream so I might have some stewed brambles (no splenda) with some of it whipped up. Mmmmmmmmmm!! :drool:
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes its atkins I am going to start - it’s the only diet I have tried, loved and wanted to stick to!!
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    I still haven't eaten the M&Ms -they were peanut by the way Sweet. I keep seeing all these skinny people on tv and I want to be one. (not on tv -just skinny!)
    Feeling a bit highly strung today. My mum has already rung me four (oh yes, four!) times so I am getting ready to kill. Tell me, is it easy to low carb in prison??

X
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

About the cinnamon bark in the rhubarb - PLEASE remember to remove it once stewing is done. Broken teeth is not a good reason for losing weight :rotfl:

Been good, still not stepped on weighing machine.

Today
    B - 2 pieces of almond slice mark 2 (1.5g carb each, not good enough to post recipe yet)
    L - some spamish quiche, (you didn't read that wrong! will post soon) plus lettuce and a few lumps of red pepper, 2 cherry toms
    D - bavarian ham wrapped round brie, lettuce, followed (maybe) by lidl yog n a few pecans for late eve snakaroonie

Won a lipstick! Like it too! Was on mat yday when I got in. Have entered a few comps lately, hope this is just the start of something good :j

Love to all!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers, I forgot to say last night (too busy insulting you!!) about why you are always tired. I know you think it's the medication you are on (& you are probably right) but have you asked your Doc/pharmacist recently for a medication review?? It may be that they can tweak the dose?? Or give you something to take to perk you up (to counteract the effects of the sleepiness)?? I know you already rattle :p but I do wonder if there is something out there that could help. I do worry about you y'know my snoozy friend :o :kisses3:

:wave:

Aww, thanks for caring X
    Actually i was tired today but had to stay up for the sky engineer so didnt get a snooze before work at 2pm, i was tired in work,and am now, but no more than usual, maybe i should fight the urge to nap instead of going for it :confused:

newcook wrote: »
    Hi!!! I did a low carb diet about 18 months ago but wasn’t prepared for the amount I would lose in the first 2 weeks and could afford a new wardrobe so stopped - however I yet again cant afford a new wardrobe and don’t want to buy bigger clothes so need to shift this weight on a diet I like!!!

?
    Christ, i'd wear rags or bin bags as long as i lost weight, sod the wardrobe :D

marrowgirl wrote: »
    I still haven't eaten the M&Ms -they were peanut by the way Sweet. I keep seeing all these skinny people on tv and I want to be one. (not on tv -just skinny!)
    Feeling a bit highly strung today. My mum has already rung me four (oh yes, four!) times so I am getting ready to kill. Tell me, is it easy to low carb in prison??

X

Is porridge low carb enough for you ?? :rotfl:
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    About the cinnamon bark in the rhubarb - PLEASE remember to remove it once stewing is done. Broken teeth is not a good reason for losing weight :rotfl:

Lol, good job you said :o

Won a lipstick! Like it too! Was on mat yday when I got in. Have entered a few comps lately, hope this is just the start of something good :j

Oooh, well done on winning something!! I've just started comping a bit so I've got my fingers crossed for some prizes too!! Just got to get used to the heart palpitations every time my mobile rings unexpectedly now!! :o
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Is porridge low carb enough for you ?? :rotfl:

:T:T:T

If not low carb, it's definitely low-gi!!
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    L - some spamish quiche, (you didn't read that wrong! will post soon)

:spam: I'm presuming this is to what you are referring?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure