🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sweet, I have a routine that happens before my period starts every month without fail. For 2-3 days I feel very 'woe is me'...I cry easily and I feel very, very down. I feel as though nothing is worthwhile and I want to leave home/put kids into care/slit my wrists *delete as appropriate*. I would never actually do any of them, but that's how low I get. It's like someone has flicked a switch overnight. I also am unable to concentrate at this point...if I read, I will have no idea what I've just read and will have to re-read. If I try to diy, I will cut things wrongly or will put something on upside down etc.

Then the next 2 days are ones of iritation..I get easily annoyed and feel very angry at the slightest thing. Inside, I 'see' myself throwing plates at the wall or slapping my OH very hard etc but in reality I'm very 'sensible' and wouldn't do that. *ducks out of mazzers way* :D

Then period usually starts and by day 2, I'm fairly normal again. :rotfl:

A few years ago, the 'woe is me' feelings were worse and lasted for longer to the point where I thought I might have been depressed but after keeping a diary for a long time, a pattern emerged and it was clear it wasn't depression in the proper sense of the word.

My Doctor was useless btw, he did try but I think it was a case of he couldn't fully understand so he was a bit offhand about it all. I definitely found carbs/sugar etc inflamed matters. I read loads about pms/pmt but a lot of what I read dealt just with anger and there wasn't so much about feeling down etc. Having said that it's been a long time since I looked into it so there may well be more on the subject now.

I used to worry about 'how I was' but now I accept that there are days every month that I should not be doing anything other than keeping out of people's way, not reading and not using sharp instruments. :D

Tis all good though.......I'm fine nooooooooow. *howls like a werewolf* :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • aliasojo
    Options
    Hello peeps :hello:

Hope everyone having a good day - hubby got paid today so I've been out buying essentials - wine, beer etc :D Well, tis the weekend!!

Have a good one :beer:

Yeah so did mine.......and wage is £500 less than usual, due to short time at work. * goes off to library to find book on feeding a family of 5 on £2.50 a week!* :rolleyes:
  • aliasojo
    Options
    mazzers, I've made my goal 11st. I figure that's a good 'in the middle' point for my height and if I reach it and then want to keep going...then fine, but I think that's a sensible target for now.

*.....if I reach it....* rolls on floor laughing hysterically :rolleyes:
  • aliasojo
    Options
    Well done jpretty, you've put us all to shame. :o :T
  • aliasojo
    Options
    .........and aliasojo goes for the 'most posts in a row award'. :D
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    when you reach it !!!!! no ifs here lady !!
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote: »
    .........and aliasojo goes for the 'most posts in a row award'. :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and wins.. :D SIX.. Yay :D

Rather than add more posts, i sometimes edit my last one :rotfl:

Thats why you always see it on them.. hehe

Sweet, i googled hormonal depression and got quite a lot of hits, so you may want to be reading some.
  • jprettypicture2
    Options
    I did it from my BMI and the goal was about right where I need to be. I started my weight lose because of health reasons diabeties and thought at the time weight lose would bring my sugars down. Do you thing a BMI should be 25 and less?
    sw start date 23/09/2013 4 st 8 pounds to go....as of 21/10/13 not 3 stone 7 to go for first target. updated 18/11/13 now 2 stone 10lbs to go to first target.
  • mazzers
    Options
    Sweet, just a bit of encouragement for you..

danielcraig-1.gif?t=1240580817
  • mazzers
    Options
    Cor, my god, he is delicious all over isn't he..

Dont worry folks, there will not be a repeat of the other night.

Just some encouragement for sweetiepie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family