Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I as how much this Greek-style yoghurt and how many carbs. Will go get some today.

Its Lidl Greek style yoghurt in a 1000g!!! tub (as Badger_lady said it looks like a tub of pollyfilla but I promise it doesn't taste like it).
    2.8g carbs per 100g, sorry can't find the receipt for a price.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 April 2009 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Morning People!

Pleased to announce I have lost 4 of the 6lbs I put on over the holiday!

I'm really up for losing the next half stone as then I'll fit into most things I want to :)

I was again v good yesterday
    B - scrambled eggs, brie and smoked salmon
    L - mockolate
    D - Fried aubergine with parmesan and crispy bacon

2 squares of v dark choc finished me off nicely.

I've started the ketogenic cocktail so am hoping for good things there. Think that's what helped me eat so little yesterday.

The augergine was delish. Think I've cracked it. Fried slices in a mix of Butter, worcester sauce, soy sauce, water, tomato puree and tabasco. (Just a bit of each) Then when done, grated over parmesan and grilled.

Will have that again. My avocado has started to look a bit brown. Have I missed the boat with that one?

Am off to garden centre 10ish so glad I didn't spend anything yesterday :)

Have a lovely day!

Mx

PS can confirm the yogurt is £1.99 saw it the other day. Didn't get any as I'm sure I'd eat loads and that's not in the plan right now :)
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Mercy, well done on losing that 4lbs - I have given up on weighing :o

Enjoy your trip to the Garden Centre - I'm rubbish at gardening but love looking at plants & thinking how nice my garden could look :rolleyes: Also helps that my Garden Centre has a really nice cafe that sells yummy home-made cakes, scones etc :D
  • U4EA_2
    U4EA_2 Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    Mercy wrote: »
    Morning People!

Pleased to announce I have lost 4 of the 6lbs I put on over the holiday!

I'm really up for losing the next half stone as then I'll fit into most things I want to :)

I was again v good yesterday
    B - scrambled eggs, brie and smoked salmon
    L - mockolate
    D - Fried aubergine with parmesan and crispy bacon

2 squares of v dark choc finished me off nicely.

I've started the ketogenic cocktail so am hoping for good things there. Think that's what helped me eat so little yesterday.

The augergine was delish. Think I've cracked it. Fried slices in a mix of Butter, worcester sauce, soy sauce, water, tomato puree and tabasco. (Just a bit of each) Then when done, grated over parmesan and grilled.

Will have that again. My avocado has started to look a bit brown. Have I missed the boat with that one?

Am off to garden centre 10ish so glad I didn't spend anything yesterday :)

Have a lovely day!

Mx

PS can confirm the yogurt is £1.99 saw it the other day. Didn't get any as I'm sure I'd eat loads and that's not in the plan right now :)

You know, I am so impressed to find people here using the word "ketosis"!

I was on holiday a couple weeks ago where I indulged in a little too much carbs after being carb free for 6 weeks or so. I am back on the wagon now and I am staying on it for good.

It's crazy how hard some people struggle to lose weight. They exercise then eat sugar/carbs afterwards. In the last 2 weeks of the 6 week stint, I was probably consuming less than 1000 cals a day, pretty much all from protein/fat and the fat was just melting off me, even without exercise. One day my jeans were a perfect fit... two weeks later they literally started to fall down when I ran across the road.

Here's another thing... I am pretty sure I am allergic to starch.

When I was young, I had eczema. This carried on into adulthood as patches of reddened skin, very dry skin and occasional outbreaks. I know I am allergic to dairy etc, so mostly stayed of it, but I knew there was something else irritating me as well. When I first cut starch out of my diet, about 2 days later I noticed my skin felt a lot smoother. A few days after that and I had no skin problems at all. No dry skin, nothing. I have spent 30 years using hand cream, steroid cream, bathing lotions, anti-histamines (sp?) etc and all along all I needed to do was get rid of the starch. I also have a much more settled stomach and loads more energy.

When I ate carbs, I sleep about 7.25hrs a night... you could set your watch by it. If I lost 1 hour sleep, I would be so crabby and tired the next day. When I don't eat carbs, I CANNOT sleep more than 4-5 hours a night... I just have to much energy to get to sleep. I can also go long periods with massively reduced sleep. For instance, I did 2 days at work on 3, 2.5 and 3 hours sleep in consecutive nights without any feelings of tiredness.
    "So, I've decided to take my work back underground... to stop it falling into the wrong hands..."
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining this thread. i have started my diet again today :) i was a regular low carber three years ago, was going great for two years and then last year totally lost track and have put on so much weight now :( i know this diet works for me but i dont plan ahead thats my weakness and i end up spending so much money trying to stick to this diet. Today is a brand new day for me. :j
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Welcome focus :hello:

Of course we don't mind you joining this thread :D

Tis a little quiet on here today but hopefully more peeps will come on later.

Most of us have been low-carbers in the past so you are in good company. Good luck with it. Hopefully you have read the first page & seen the links to recipes etc.
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you sweetserendipity, i havent got any multivitamins in and i dont get paid until weds. Do you think its ok for me to do low carb afew days without taking a them? :confused: so far im doing good but i know when im dieting it really affects my mood so can be quite moody. Hope i get past the first week cos thats the hardest part for me :).
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    focus888 wrote: »
    Thank you sweetserendipity, i havent got any multivitamins in and i dont get paid until weds. Do you think its ok for me to do low carb afew days without taking a them? :confused: so far im doing good but i know when im dieting it really affects my mood so can be quite moody. Hope i get past the first week cos thats the hardest part for me :).

Hi and welcome, i think i went for about a month without supplements, without any adverse effects (not sure i really need them now)
    After the first few days on LC i was fine as ketosis stops me being hungry so i dont get grumpy, stable blood sugar accounts for this, so hopefully you'll be ok.

You really must plan ahead tho, so you have things you can 'grab' if you get hungry, and also, having something nice prepared makes it seem like your not 'dieting'.
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2009 at 6:41PM
    Options
    :D

mazzers, hope you enjoyed your curry, mmmmmmmmmm!! What did you go for??

:D

Was ok, wolfed it down, the smell really was wafting on the sea breeze. I had lamb bhuna, mushroom masala, peshwari naan, onion bhajees pilau rice and chips, have had nicer :rolleyes: shared it with both my boys so really did only have a small plate full.

Was busy in work today and i have got to have a nap :o
    I have to admit, i dont have more energy when lc-ing, but my meds both cause fatigue so it could be that.

Thought i would've woke starving after all those carbs but didnt want breakfast and didnt get to break til 1.30 when i had a pepperami and a pkt of scratchings, ( have had awful windy tummy tho) just had an omelette and some 70% choc, so a good day food wise :)

U4, that is amazing about your eczema.

mercy, well done on getting rid of those few lbs. Good luck with your last half stone;)
  • U4EA_2
    U4EA_2 Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    This is hopefully the last day of the carb detox. Or the penultimate. Really tired midday, craving some starch/sugar. But I didn't let it get the better of me!
    "So, I've decided to take my work back underground... to stop it falling into the wrong hands..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure