BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• Bahra
    Bahra Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 June 2009 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Update to the post above. Just received an email from BMP.

"Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your email, in regards to this we were waiting for stock but have now recieved this in stock and are hoping to despatch that in the next day or so. If you check your emails this will confirm the despatch.
    Kind regards"

So it does seem to me that an email gets things happening there end.

Will post a futher update tomorrow. Hopefully whilst playing on my Xbox.

Bahra

UPDATE: Got another email "conforming" my free gift delivery. Should be here tomorrow, good news .
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took out an auto cashback contract with these people a couple of months ago. My quidco is already showing as received. I'm now having issues trying to cancel my contract early due to a detrimental change of T-Mobile T&Cs, so have been emailing buymobilephones about this, as they say that if you cancel within the 1st 120 days they will charge you £200 plus VAT.
    I emailed them to ask about this, and just a couple of hours later had a phone call from a very helpful lady who said that in this case, due to T-mob's behaviour, no they wouldn't charge me the £200, but I wouldn't get my £165 auto cashback if I did so. Which is perfectly fair enough in my mind. Anyway, IMO this company is pretty good, I got a good deal and their customer service was excellent. I highly recommend them.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick question - They want me to send them the vouchers off with 3 bills - however T-Mobile charge extra for paper billing. Do I need to go for paper billing, or will print-outs do?

I've emailed them but so far no response...
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • ellywelly
    Options
    I have never used a forum site in my life before and am slightly unsure of what I am doing!
    I read this thread last week as I was considering using Buymobilephones.net and wanted to make sure they had a good reputation which tey seemed to so I went ahead and ordered. Phone arrived next day, i sent requested proofs and free gift duly followed. HOWEVER when I found the phone to be faulty I ran into a whole heap of problems with them; I could only exchange like for like, I had to pay to send the phone back then be reimbursed later and be without a phone as they had none for loan even though I need it for work, plus i had to ring Orange for a fault code. Which i did, but Orange offered a straight swap the next day and they would pick up the faulty handset at the same time which sounded much more reasonable, so i agreed. The new phone arrived and again it had the same faults, so I rang Buymobile phones and aagain was told to send it back with a fault code, which i did, now they have the phone and gift back (which i had to pay the postage for with no reimbusement) they will not cancel the contract as they say I can't because Orange swapped the phone, even though i was not told this would be the case, so now I have no phone, no gift and I am still paying for the contract-BE WARNED!!!! :mad:

Also, If anyone has any ideas on what I can do about this I would be grateful!:confused:
  • jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just taken out a 12 month T-Mobile contract with Buymobilephones. The phone arrived the following day in factory condition. My number was ported across two days later. The deal pays £80 automatic cashback so I'll report back as to whether I receive it OK. I also bought through Topcashback and have £20 cashback pending.
  • fiscalfreckles
    Options
    Have to say I'm very disappointed so far with this company. Ordered a very basic phone on Monday, website showing as in stock and free next day delivery. Got an email at 5pm that night saying they are "waiting for stock". No indication of how long the wait will be, won't reply to email and can't get through on the phone (waiting time too long). If I ever do get through intend to cancel the order.
  • GarethC_2
    Options
    Second time I've used buymobilephones.net and once again 5 star service phone came next day free gift came 2 days after....however only the wii and no wii fit rang them up and said they would send the wii fit as soon as it came in stock but didn't want me going without the wii while waiting for the wii fit.....2 days later wii fit arrive:D Happy Days!!

Have also recommended BMP to several people over the year and all have had good service....
  • Drei
    Drei Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 28 September 2009 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Nokia N86 on T-Mobile Combi 35 (24mths) + Web n Walk + FREE Sony PS3 Slim 120GB

Order Placed on 11th Sep 2009 at 18:40
    Order Shipped on 14th Sep 2009 at 09:00
    Claim OK on 17th Sep 2009 at 14:40
    FREE Gift Shipped on 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:28

As you can see from above that is my outcome:)

I did some reasearch and read most of this post plus around the net and it seemed like half half views... but the majority were good.

I decided to place my order with them as it was time for my renewal, O2 wasn't offering anything good except paying more and getting the iPhone for free but I really wanted a PS3 to watch Blue Rays. I still have my N95 8GB and a few of my old phones which I never use so I was hapy to got for the 24 months contract. I only went for the N86 because of the 8 Megapixel Camera.

I asked O2 for my PAC, they asked me why and I told them I wanted a free PS3:), the guy from O2 told me that %60 of the "FREE GIFTS" never show up and I shouldn't leave them just because of that.
    I got my PAC code anyway, gave it to buymobilephones.com.

Buymobilephones.com didn't ask T-Mobile to import my number even though they had my PAC Code, but I called T-Mobile anyhow to check my price plan and details, they said no number trabsfer was requested so I just gave them the PAC Code and T-Mobile did the transfer in about 1 day. About claiming the Gift, I asked buymobilephones.com if I could scan in all my documents and e-mail it to them instead of posting (postal strike at the time and didn't want to risk it) which they accepted.

So to recap:
    1) They do give you a free gift (no idea how they manage that since PS3 is £250, where do they get that money back from?)
    2) If you ask them you can scan and send ID Proof via e-mail which cuts any postal cost and delay.
    3) They don't seem to transfer the numbers over so make sure you call your new provider and ask, if buymobilephones.com didn't request the change give your new provider the PAC number and you sorted.
  • jimbo198966
    jimbo198966 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 October 2009 at 7:20PM
    Options
    ordered the phone and free gift over the phone - 14th October
    Recieved the Phone/sim card - 15th october
    I sent the gift claim voucher back - 15th October
    Recieved an e-mail saying the PS3 120gb was out of stock - 17th October
    Still waiting :D
    I'll let you know when/if (!!) i get it through
    :eek:

Rang them up this morning asking them how long until the PS3s are back in stock, they said about a week...
    Got home this evening, and got an e-mail saying the 'Free Gift' had been dispatched!
    So fingers crossed its the correct 'Free Gift'

Got the PS3 this morning, so alls good!
  • deekmcc
    deekmcc Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered phone last Thursday 22nd October
    Phone arrived without claim form Friday 23rd October
    Email from Buymobilephones on Saturday 24th October saying claim ok even though i never sent anything.
    Email on Sunday 25th to say out of stock.
    Email Monday 26th to say item being shipped.
    50inch plasma arrived Tuesday 27th October.:D

I was a bit wary about this but must admit can't fault them.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family