BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Options

Comments

• Samtex9
    Samtex9 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Be carefull when breaking a mobile phone contract as the provider of the service e.g Orange is a little different than the provider of you free gift. So in short Orange, O2 or Vodafone might continue to bill you even if you havent get your free gift from buymobilephones.net as you dispute is not with them
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, over several years I have taken out many offers, on behalf of relatives/ friends and myself , with this company and their sister company A1Comms. In the past I have usually gone for the free gift or the cashback via redemption and can honestly say that I have never had a problem. On Feb 12th I decided to purchase 2 mobiles , in seperate purchases , but this time went for the automatic cashback option. The conditions of the offer were that £250 per phone would be paid after 90 days. I have just checked my bank account and as expected the money has been paid into my account exactly 3 months after the purchase . I should also add that I purchased these through the link through Quidco so I have already received the 2 x £20 Quidco cashback payouts. So thats 100% success on all offers so far.
  • gkirkwood
    Options
    I was a bit hesitant about signing up for a deal, but the phone and line rental / data charges I wanted alone cost less than I have been paying for the last 18 months and the same as elsewhere. There was a "free" Sony Bravia 32" LCD TV, which I had visions of having a battle to get. I ordered on Sunday, the phone arrived on Tuesday.

I photocopied the 2 proofs they needed, and sent them back by Special Delivery on the Tuesday.

On Wednesday the web site was updated to say the claim was OK, and in the evening I received an email stating that the TV was on its way.

This morning (Thursday) at 07:30, City Link were there with the TV. I've plugged it in, and it's very good.

What more can I say ? It's all above board, and I thought that as few people report on the positive outcome of these transactions, I would do so if it helps anyone.
  • adewton
    adewton Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am planning to go for cashback, redeemable as line discount. Has anyone had issues with this?
    :jDON'T STEAL!!! Government HATES competition!:D Pay your tax and make voluntary contributions to the government! :A:T
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, you won't have any problems with their cashback by redemption as long as you make sure you stick to the terms and conditions. I have usually sent claims in by 'special delivery with consequencial loss' so that if the post office loses your claim they will have to pay the total cashback on the contract. This is because if you miss, for example, the 1st claim then subsequent claims won't be paid. You don't get as much cashback with the 'automatic' cashback but it is paid automatically into your bank account after 3 months.
  • claireyb2
    Options
    I've been using this site for years, but just registered to give some feedback on buymobilephones.net and the free gifts.
    The 1st time i used them i had a lot of problems with the acceptance of the ID forms. Eventually wrote threatening them with Ofcom and Trading Standards and ipod was in the post.
    The second time went far better and the lap top came in good time.
    3rd try was this week. Sent the claim voucher and ID's special delivery on Tuesday afternoon. Sony wireless speaker thingy came this (Thursday) afternoon! - Can even get away with giving it to other half as Father's Day present... They've now shot to the top of my recommended list!
  • tilamok
    tilamok Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a phone from buymobilephones as well and got into all sorts of problems when trying to claim the free gift because I had used my middle name as my first name.

To prove my ID, I was told to send a credit card that had my middle name and surname. Note that I very rarely use that credit card because I always use my EGG card which gives me cashback.

So I sent pics of my credit card to buymobilephones and the gift wasn't approved (It was eventually when I sent the 1st 2 statements)

Couple of months later, the same card was CLONED in the US and had $300 withdrawn. I think it's a bad idea to send pics of credit card as proof of ID.

It would be interesting to find out if others had the same experience
  • nattie
    nattie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, on buymobilephones.net i read this:

"To verify your details we will charge and immediately refund £2.50 to your card (£50 for Solo or Electron cards).
    Please note: Deposits are refunded immediately however banks can take up to 5 days to process refunds."

because it seems a bit dodgy and i was just wondering if this is a normal/good thing or is it just dodgy? because ive read a couple of posts on here by people that seemed shocked that this happened to them so i dont really know what to think!
  • nuttyphilt
    nuttyphilt Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    nattie wrote: »
    Hi, on buymobilephones.net i read this:

"To verify your details we will charge and immediately refund £2.50 to your card (£50 for Solo or Electron cards).
    Please note: Deposits are refunded immediately however banks can take up to 5 days to process refunds."

because it seems a bit dodgy and i was just wondering if this is a normal/good thing or is it just dodgy? because ive read a couple of posts on here by people that seemed shocked that this happened to them so i dont really know what to think!

It's normal. They do this to verify that your name and address registered are correct.
  • Bahra
    Bahra Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, thought I should chip in with some feedback.
    Ordered my phone (LG Cookie) and received it as promised the next day - no faults there.
    With this order I got the Xbox 360 Pro console, so I sent 2 proofs of ID off with recored deliver and found that the claim was OK on their website. However, havent recieved any emails about confirmation of dispatch or out-of-stock (which altho isnt good, but would atleast let me know). So I took advice from and earlier post and sent an email to see if things might hurry up and am now waiting a reply. Will write another post when I (hopefully) receive and email.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure