PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

School days recipes

Options

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Ammie wrote:
    Thanks for all your help and the links, ahhh the good ole' days!

Queenie please can I have the recipie for:

Choc. Crispy Shortcake &
    Oat Cookies. It would be much appreciated :T

PM'd you :):)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    when i was at school we used to have a pudding i dont know what it was called could be choc tart i will describe it for you there was a pastry on the bottom a choclate filling with a dollop of cream on top dose anyone rember this if so please let me know thanks
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi :)

We have a long running thread on school meals, especially puds, and so I've added your post on to the end of it. I'm afraid you'll have to read from the beginning to see if your pudding is listed or not, but along the way you'll find the odd web site that may help too.

Good luck :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • sundin13
    sundin13 Posts: 481 Forumite
    Options
    Just read through the school dinners thread for the first time and am amazed by the number of people who have fond memories of the cheese pie....just like myself. I remember walking past a school canteen a few years ago and smelling it, and wondering if they'd think I was a loon if I went in and asked for the recipe.

I always remember that it had a chewy, salty taste...sort of like when you get good chewy mozarella on top of a pizza that tastes almost bacon-ish.

Mmmmmmm.....can all of you out there who know ex-dinner ladies and ex-school cooks please, please try and find the recipe. M&S used to do a cheese pie which was quite nice....but nowhere near as good as the school stuff.
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    mmmmmmmm cheese pie lovely a recipe would be great also has anyone got the recipe for mint custard?

thanks
  • miss_dolly_girl
    Options
    any1 used to have that dessert that was USUALLY pink blamange/custard type stuff with cornflakes on the top....looked like it was baked with some sort of syrup drizzled on top????
    id love this recipe if any1 has it!!

my fave school meal was cheese or sausage pie with beans and theabove dessert.....and chocolate or strawberry custard too...and treacle tart....im starving now!!!
  • miss_dolly_girl
    Options
    thats a really sad story JACKIEO......im so glad school arent around like that now! its great to see that youve made the best out of the situation and getting some qualifications....well done x
  • StartingAgainKayla70
    Options
    Can anyone remember how to make the cornflake cakes you use to get at school. They didnt contain melted chocolate, and I know they had syrup in them, but what else. I am dying to have one.

:D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
  • Whitefiver
    Whitefiver Posts: 688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A bit of googling reveals:-

Ingredients
    150g (6 oz) dark chocolate
    2 tablespoons of golden syrup
    75g (3 oz) cornflakes (or rice crispy cereal)

Instructions
    1) Melt the chocolate in a small bowl with the syrup over a bowl of boiling water.
    2) Pour the melted chocolate over the cornflakes and blend thoroughly.
    3) Divide the mixture between 12 paper cases/greased bun tins
    4) Put them in the fridge to set

But I *much* prefer these:-

http://www.traidcraftinteractive.co.uk/message.php?992&105

Regards,

White

(Mind that waist!)
  • StartingAgainKayla70
    Options
    Thank you, will do the other one also.
    :D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
This discussion has been closed.