PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

School days recipes

Options

Comments

• Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    no melted chocolate?

I think I know the kind you mean, they were made with syrup & cocoa powder & I did have a recipe, but can't lay hands on it now that I need it :mad:

I'll have another look & post it later, if someone else doesn't come up with it first :)

EDIT ... still can't find it, but HERE'S a link to a recipe that sounds similar
  • StartingAgainKayla70
    Options
    Swan wrote:
    no melted chocolate?

I think I know the kind you mean, they were made with syrup & cocoa powder & I did have a recipe, but can't lay hands on it now that I need it :mad:

I'll have another look & post it later, if someone else doesn't come up with it first :)

EDIT ... still can't find it, but HERE'S a link to a recipe that sounds similar

WHAT A GREAT WEBSITE FOR THE KIDS THANKS AGAIN
    :D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
  • SusanCarter
    SusanCarter Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    any1 used to have that dessert that was USUALLY pink blamange/custard type stuff with cornflakes on the top....looked like it was baked with some sort of syrup drizzled on top????
    id love this recipe if any1 has it!!
    Just what I was wondering about. We used to call it "cornflake custard". Ours was served cold and I guess it was strawberry blancmange with the equivilant of cornflake tart filling on the top. I would love to have the recipe for it if anyone knows.
  • vivaladiva
    vivaladiva Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Options
    vanoonoo wrote:

I also used to like cheese pie - did anyone else have that? (and no, its not quiche)

I used to love Cheese Pie. Lets hope someone comes along with the recipe soon. :D

I wonder if we've got any ex-dinner ladies among us who can help out?
    Although its so long since my schooldays we might have to ask the Silver Surfers! :o
    I have plenty of willpower - it's won't power I need.
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Cheese pie is it this one?
  • vivaladiva
    vivaladiva Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Thank you patchwork cat. It could be. :T Will give this one a try.
    I have plenty of willpower - it's won't power I need.
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Hi

I think that Shirley from Liverpool's one looks to me like the one I had at school - It was always made in a big tray though so you only got crust on the bottom.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • ashton05
    ashton05 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've made gypsy tart. You need a pastry shell, bought or made, and basically you whisk up brown sugar and evaporated milk till it's thick, pour it into the shell and bake slowly until it's set.
    Manchester Tart is a pastry with a layer of red jam (any sort) a layer of thick custard, and coconut spread on top, and baked. We love it! :)

yeah i do this with 1 170ml tin evap and 6oz muscavado sugar. whizz in blender, pour into pastry case n microwave for 1 minute on high.... means u get to eat it bit quicker
  • ashton05
    ashton05 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone remember the scoth eggs but instead of sausage meat surrounding the egg, there was cheesey goo, sounds gross, tasted fab!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure