Got an MBNA C/C Written Off - March 2008!

Options

Comments

• toon_dude
    toon_dude Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    noah271007 wrote: »
    Why are you still making inflammatory comments when i asked you all to stop? if you guys want to argue, then go to CAG website and have it out. This is not the place to argue.

I'm quite new around here, so I'm not sure about etiquette etc. But I noticed your comments, and am intrigued about why you think people should stop on your say so. After all, you don't appear to be a moderator? Or am I wrong?

Just curious, that's all.
  • Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, oh dear - I think they ALL need a reality check Aj..

Noah, get back on your boat - we dont need a moderator here thanks. Its a simple case of "me successful" and "envious onlookers"..

I am glad that I do not have to pay back a cheating, lying, misleading, false-advertising company (in my opinion).

Like I said b4, if Tesco sold you a posh cake that turned out to be rotten bread pudding, are you telling me that you would eat the bread pudding and not cause " a fuss"...??

Mugs...
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    Cashpig74 wrote: »
    Its a simple case of "me successful"

Everything but your pick on the bets you mean? After all this is just to cover up your poor choices at the bookies, sorry i mean the credit agreement.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Toon-dude, I used to think that too - but the fact is that had the benefits been explained correctly - I would not have taken up the offer and used the card. Hence, I would not have HAD the debt to start with.

The fact it, like all these agreements, its not about the product (money) its about the contract. The product is sold under the terms of the contract. if the contract is wrong, then its wrong.

Im sure the big bad Banks are able to get it right. So why do they try to take money from us on a contract that they know is wrong?

If I had a bet with a mate, and shook on it, then I would honour it - unless he cheated to win the bet, then I wouldn;t.

SAME THING.
  • jamalfatty
    jamalfatty Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    Cashpig74 wrote: »
    Mugs...

Who was it again that lost £6k gambling? :p

I was trying my hardest to stay away from this thread as well until I saw that.

Must. Resist.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Normanmark you do not have enough information regarding the situation to make a valid point. At least stick to your original terms yourself and refrain from posting further comments. If you cant follow your own adivce, how can you comment on others that complain about professional sales advisors?

thanks.
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    toon_dude wrote: »
    I must admit, I am in the "pay what you owe" camp.

I find it extremely distasteful when people pursue their credit card and loan providers to write off debts just because there is a minor error in the T&C's. In my opinion, it is NEVER ok to have your debt written off in full, because this can only contribute to continuing the big mess that our banks and financial institutes have gotten themselves into.

Common sense? Well, common sense to me is that you borrow £5600, you owe them at least that amount. If they made a mistake, fine - they can write off the interest, but surely any sane person can see that the £5600 is still legitimately owed?

I am of same opinion -pay what you owe - NO IFS OR BUTS!! However, i CANNOT feel sorry for lenders who lose money through CCA agreements that just happen to be useless in the eyes of the law. They should know better. Otherwise we wouldn't be talking on this very subject over again and again. I feel sorry for honest customers who have been good in paying money back because it is them who will get punished.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    I was trying my hardest to stay away from this thread as well until I saw that.

Must. Resist.

TRY HARDER.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    clio wrote: »
    CashPig don't believe you re: Karma ask Earl he'll tell ya it's on his list..
    Don't take offence by this - but do you know you come across as a TROLL.
    Only telling you coz i can sniff out trolls at 10 paces on a good day.
    today my nose is blocked ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    T-D he,s not a mod or owt [noah] i think he was just pointing out that this isnt the place for arguing/slanging match etc..

Alreet Sutton You jammy buggas had a lucky escape other day eh.. we battered you's :D \0/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure