Got an MBNA C/C Written Off - March 2008!

Options

Comments

• Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Actually, to continue, its people like YOU that are the reason interest rates are so HIGH - cos they see you as an easy mug-target so they capitalise on it knowing that they'll make a huge profit because you let your so called "morals" get in the way of better judgement.

The £5600 was afforded to me on the basis of the express terms explained to me on the phone. These terms did not exist in reality. So who robbed who?

Thank you.
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    At first i had some pity & sympathy for you, but your attitude just stinks now with some of your replies to people.

Sounds like to me you mis-understood the deal completely & you didnt do any background reading before hand. 0% was on your purchases, as soon as you used it for gambling transactions, then it invalidated the deal as gambling transactions are not classed as purchases but as cash advances.

I hope in future you read the terms & conditions fully before blaming the system.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Normanmark - my responses are justifies as people jump the gun and become judgemental.

IN FACT - the express terms of the contract are the terms that were explained in plain english over the phone as I bought this "deal" using that medium.

I miss-understood nothing. I am not stupid. There NO mention of gambling transactions in my t+c's whatsoever. The deal was revoked due to late payments initially - but that's because they sent my statements to the wrong address - then they reinstated the deal and for the FIFTH time - reconfirming the basis of the deal.

Again, the MBNA sales team were telling me what they thought would be enough to shut me up at the time. But I never once was invoiced for just £25 on a statement and I gave them every opportunity to tell me about any misgivings with the deal - and they ALL told me that :

"all I had to pay would be £25 until May 2009 REGARDLESS of the outstanding balance". TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

This was not the case.

So yes, I DO blame the system cos the system that they used in my experience was wrong, selfish and flawed.

I am not going to entertain the likes of MBNA who threaten, cheat and lie to consumers in their letters when the money is not paid on time.

You might, but that's your doing - don't get an attitude with others that have the nerve to challenge these companies.

They pay themselves richly for ripping ppl off in the first place.
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Options
    This is a really depressing story. I could understand MBNA admitting to making an error and letting the OP off the charges and other sundries, but I cannot fathom why they would write off the whole debt. So many times I read of people who are in financial difficulty e.g. due to changes in circumstances getting stiffed by financial companies and yet the OP breezes in, fails to read the T&Cs, defaults and then gets let off the whole amount. It's incredible (almost literally so).

Good luck, OP, in ever getting credit again. For the foreseeable future the only companies that are going to touch you are those dodgy ones that advertise on daytime TV with usurious rates of interest.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    Oh dear, the jealousy is incredible.

There is only one reason why YOU cannot fathom why they would write the whole debt off - and that is because you do not have enough information.

There is only one reason why the whole debt was written off, and that was because MBNA KNEW they were in the wrong in the first place.

Simple. I know the t+c's - it's how I managed to win the argument in the first place. It seems that their staff do not.
  • normanmark
    Options
    Cashpig74 wrote: »
    You might, but that's your doing - don't get an attitude with others that have the nerve to challenge these companies

I'll get attitude with whoever I like thank you very much, i don't need lessons on posting from someone who struggles with the basics of credit cards thank you very much. As for 'nerve', i do believe you have the nerve when you yourself didn't fully read the terms that come with the card. You get no respect from me for 'challenging' them on it. You've paid out the money trying to get rich on a few gambling schemes. Realised it wasn't going your way & then kicked up enough stink to ensure you didn't pay it back. I could go on all day, but i really don't have the time.

Seen as you're someone who doesn't want opinions just people to agree with him (which defeats the object of a discussion) then it's probably best i refrain from posting in this thread again.
  • normanmark
    Options
    Simple. I know the t+c's

You didn't, which is the reason why you made the grave error in the first place of assuming gambling transactions are covered by a 0% on purchases deal. T&C's which were sent with the card.
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, the jealousy is incredible.

I don't have any debt so my interest in your case purely academic, as it were. I certainly could never be jealous of someone who gets into debt to the tune of £6000 to fund a gambling scheme. My annoyance was aimed at MBNA, not you.

Sorry if you posted on here thinking it would high fives all round.
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    I took the card out with a few intentions - gambling was one of them. They did not mention in spoken word OR written on the t+c that gambling transactions were not covered by the 0%.

Besides, if I hadn't used the card for gambling, it would have still been more than £25 per month as a the very end of all this "problem" their manager told me on the phone that the £25 deal only applied to balance transfers.

Why was I not told this from their sales team?

Normanmark - YOU are the one that wants to join a thread, make a splash and be seen as some kind of do-gooder. That's fine.

But I know when I've been told a load of Bull... from a CC company so that the sales girl can make a quick commission.

What about if I had spent the money on say, a life saving private operation? Would you be acting like such a drama-queen still??

Gambling has got nothing to do with the mis-selling of the terms by their greedy and selfish sales team.

MBNA did not write off the balance because they felt like being nice.

Use your common sense. Ta.
  • normanmark
    Options
    Use your common sense. Ta.

hahahahahaha

The irony.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories