Got an MBNA C/C Written Off - March 2008!

Options

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well at least you will not be able to obtain any form of mainstream credit products for a while, one less free-loader to carry.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • jamalfatty
    jamalfatty Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    Cashpig74 wrote: »
    2 - I stated previously that there is NO mention in the Terms and Conditions regarding gaming sites. The fact I won OR lost is irrelevent, I still would have complained about the way in which they promoted the card and the card's benefits.

If you'd bothered to read the T&C's for your account, you would surely have seen this section in it...

"cash transaction – a transaction under which you receive cash or a
    cash substitute by using your card or card number, including foreign
    currency, traveller’s cheques, postal orders, gambling transactions and
    any electronic transfers of cash which are not money transfers.
    "

3 - No one - YOU INCLUDED, are able to answer exactly why it was that MBNA wrote the debt off.? Maybe, JUST maybe they looked at the sale of it, and realised it was totally and utterly mis-sold.

I do not need any more credit - and credit worthiness? Hmm, they decided to write it off, I never demanded it - but they did so my credit file will be restored by them when I ask for it to be.
    Maybe, JUST maybe because they clearly thought you werent going to pay it back so have written it off as bad debt and trashed your credit file in the process. You really think they are going to change factual information they have recorded on your credit file because you ask them to?!
    It's their error - now stop being jealous cos YOU are saddled with debts that you can't handle and run along before your "morals" get the better of you.
    xx
    :rotfl:
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    Look guys can we just cool it now... i don't want to see another pointless argument and name calling - it has become a regular subject now on MSE threads.
  • Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Ermmm, writing it off after 6 months is an unusual option and one that I did not demand.

They are in error and I have the FOS on the case. They are "unable to produce" any call transcripts conveiniently enough - they have no grounds on trashing my rating - it doesn't benefit them eitherway.

They walked away from it for one reason only, they knew that I would not give in like most people - and if it went the distance, they would risk having to pay out compensation as a mis-sold card.

CC comapnies dont just give in for no reason. They have legal departments looking into cases all the time - you think they got bored of my letters and thought "what the hell"..?
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    As i have said ignore the ~goon~ squad they will soon go away. If they could step back and take a look at their posts they'd see what the rest of us see, their muppets who haven't a clue...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope some of you jealous and hatefilled fools that criticise on here find yourselves in a similar situation - but you wont have the baalls to get yourself out of it.
    HAHA!.
    Well I have the balls and the !!!! to go with them...I pay my cards every month and enjoy reminding small-man syndrome guys like your self that there are people in this “softly - softly I can't take responsibility for my self – country” who support them selves financially without the need for greed.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    Ermmm, writing it off after 6 months is an unusual option and one that I did not demand.

They are in error and I have the FOS on the case. They are "unable to produce" any call transcripts conveiniently enough - they have no grounds on trashing my rating - it doesn't benefit them eitherway.

They walked away from it for one reason only, they knew that I would not give in like most people - and if it went the distance, they would risk having to pay out compensation as a mis-sold card.

CC comapnies dont just give in for no reason. They have legal departments looking into cases all the time - you think they got bored of my letters and thought "what the hell"..?

Please.. you are all sounding so uneducated by your own spiteful comments.

I hope some of you jealous and hatefilled fools that criticise on here find yourselves in a similar situation - but you wont have the baalls to get yourself out of it.

HAHA!.

Why are you still making inflammatory comments when i asked you all to stop? if you guys want to argue, then go to CAG website and have it out. This is not the place to argue.
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Well I have the balls and the !!!! to go with them...I pay my cards every month and enjoy reminding small-man syndrome guys like your self that there are people in this “softly - softly I can't take responsibility for my self – country” who support them selves financially without the need for greed.

LOL you crack me up... Seriously take up comedy for a living, you make me laugh with every post you make.:rotfl:
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Noah you best get on the door matey and check ID. Only let in the genuine ravers coz they bring love/happiness with them. \/ \/
  • toon_dude
    toon_dude Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I must admit, I am in the "pay what you owe" camp.

I find it extremely distasteful when people pursue their credit card and loan providers to write off debts just because there is a minor error in the T&C's. In my opinion, it is NEVER ok to have your debt written off in full, because this can only contribute to continuing the big mess that our banks and financial institutes have gotten themselves into.

Common sense? Well, common sense to me is that you borrow £5600, you owe them at least that amount. If they made a mistake, fine - they can write off the interest, but surely any sane person can see that the £5600 is still legitimately owed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure