OU Students Past, Present and Future

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    cambermam wrote: »
    I love the idea of that but the Business & Accounting degree doesn't allow for any free choice level 2 which is a shame :( I get financial support so would have to pay for that one myself, will see if i get withdrawal symptoms at the end as people always say they do :p

I was lucky when I did mine I was on financial support, but it was before the days of sticking to one course - if you ever do get chance its gd.

Youve got B201 and B203 - there def different, I hated the exams.... I still hate exams - hence Sept will be yr 2 of break as cant face a level 3 exam!! xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • cambermam
    cambermam Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    I hated the B203 exam, it was my first exam and only managed 48% but was just glad to pass it tbh. I'm doing B291 next and then B292 they've both got exams :( Currently on my first ever break since Oct 2010. Last exam was June and next course doesn't start until this October, i hadn't planned my courses very well for breaks. :cool:
    Internet earnings:
    Swagbucks - £748
    InstaGC -£73
    Nielsen Mobile - £70
    Mobile Trends - £19.50
    iPoll - £15
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Given how long I've been an MSEr it's rather embarrassing that I've only just found this thread! :o I will be starting my final OU course in early October, so I'd like to join in with some fellow OU students if that's OK.

My last course was a religion and history one which I abandoned part-way through as it was seriously tedious - I notice that it's now been discontinued so perhaps I wasn't the only one who hated it!

This year I'm doing A330 (Myth in the Greek and Roman worlds), which should (assuming I pass :eek:) get me a BA (Hons) in Humanities and Classical Studies. I hope to go on to do an MA from a hard-copy university afterwards, which would be even more :eek:!

Best of luck to everyone studying this year and next. :)
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    How is everyone?

I have just submitted both on my EMAs :eek::eek: I now don't know what to do with myself - the post-work crash I think :rotfl::rotfl: If all goes well, that will be the end of my course.

Still pondering next year - but I don't know how busy I will be when term starts, so I'm still not sure...
    Sasha101 wrote: »
    I have to confess I have contacted OU a second time, this time by email as I couldn't face telephone to change my course path once again :eek: I have never been so indecisive as this! I feel an absolute prat honestly! Celyn I have just read that you work for the OU, good god I hope you don't have to deal with the paperwork from all my changes. You'll think 'oh yeah this is that prat from mse!' :rotfl:

Awwh, glad you got it all sorted out :) They really won't mind - people change courses all the time at all stages of their quals :)
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Ive enrolled for the BA English Language and Literature to start in February. I'm utterly terrified about it! I have previously studied English Lit at Northumbria Uni so its not totally new, and I'm planning to drop my days at work to concentrate on it a little better. What can I expect from OU study? Can I get an NUS card for example?

Thank you xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

Ive enrolled for the BA English Language and Literature to start in February. I'm utterly terrified about it! I have previously studied English Lit at Northumbria Uni so its not totally new, and I'm planning to drop my days at work to concentrate on it a little better. What can I expect from OU study? Can I get an NUS card for example?

Thank you xx

Congratulations, the main thing I would say is be disciplined, as your working alone, although there are tutorials if you want to attend, most courses have tutor groups,
    average 30 point course is 8 hours a week study, a 60 point is 12 to 16 hours.
    As soon as your course as started you can apply for an NUS card, there the best investment.
    Your NUS card will last to 31st Aug. xx
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    ...well, I am obviously a sucker for punishment, having just signed up to do W820 and W822 next year (law, both 30pt courses). I've always had an interest in law, so this is a purely for fun one rather than a "could be useful" course!

I am debating a philosophy module as well, but want to have a read through the course text first; I've never studied philosophy before and it always looks a bit scary - but I think I'd have got more out of some of the other modules I've studied had I had more of an understanding of philosophy. The law courses finish early and the philosophy one starts late, so the overlap wouldn't be as bad as it was last year (and I hopefully won't have the problem of multiple EMAs due within days of each other again :eek:).
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • mellymeepmeep
    Options
    I'm starting SK277 Human Biology in October, my materials have got here and I'm starting to panic over what I've got myself into haha!! I've studied to degree level before so I understand essay writing and things. I'm wanting to train to be a midwife so I need to brush up on my science!
    :heart2:
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm sure I've posted in here many moons ago... but can't remember!

I've just graduated from the OU :) I can tell you that your 30 seconds on fame on stage at the graduation is well worth the late nights and tma-related stress!

I'm now looking at continuing post-grad study but waiting to talk to someone at the OU to see what my options are with my degree.

Good luck to all of you!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm sure I've posted in here many moons ago... but can't remember!

I've just graduated from the OU :) I can tell you that your 30 seconds on fame on stage at the graduation is well worth the late nights and tma-related stress!

I'm now looking at continuing post-grad study but waiting to talk to someone at the OU to see what my options are with my degree.

Good luck to all of you!

Massive congratulations xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills