OU Students Past, Present and Future

Options

Comments

• ellebelle_x
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    Done B201 its brilliant, everything is all laid out for you and you study a sector at a time.
    BXA204 - is that the online version, I started B204, but had to pull out (personal circumstances), but got as far as TMA 2 with it. The trick to B204, (if it is still the same this yr) there are 10 extra points up for grabs with each TMA 5 points of that was for taking part on the online discussions and 5 points for writing a review of one of the discussions. xx

BXA204 is the same module but tailored towards Retail :) I'm so excited to start them, just want to get stuck in now! I'll definitely be taking part in the discussions and reviews then, every little helps and 10 points could help a lot, thank you for letting me know that :)
    Ellebelle
  • Pennywise2012
    Options
    I've signed up for DSE 141 and DSE 131, aiming for BSc Psychology. I'm so excited! I've never done OU before.

If anyone else is in the same boat, feel free to PM me :beer:
    "Most of the people ... were unhappy... Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -- Douglas Adams
  • yorkie18
    yorkie18 Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope all your studies are going well. I haven't popped by in a while, but just wanted to let you know of a Facebook group that I am running for those studying towards/ or hoping to study towards an Open Degree, come on over if that's you :)http://www.facebook.com/groups/182429898526794/

In addition, I have one for B120 - Introduction to Business Studies
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/323678084381237/

Sorry for the shameless plugging!!
    Be Kind, Work Hard, Stay Humble, Smile Often, Keep Honest, Stay Loyal, Travel When Possible, Never Stop Learning, Be Thankful Always and Love
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi yorkie

I've just sent requests to join both groups as I'm working towards a BSc Open and taking B120 in Oct.

Please let me join lol.
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • smunchkinp
    Options
    recently completed K101 and got a pass and a certificate which i was well chuffed with as it gave me letters after my name.

about to start SK277

i will get my open degree at some point :D
    Mortgage deposit fund: £4000
    £2012 in 2012 challenge #121: £2491.23/£2012
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm offically registered for DD100 Social sciences - 9 mths of studying to look forward to!
    Think plan B maybe an open degree if I can find a level 3 with no exams! x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Fizzbitz
    Options
    Another Ouer here. I am just finishing DB123 - You and your money - personal finance in context and am about to start U116 Environment journeys in a changing world.

I'm aiming at a degree in International Studies.

Fizz
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Fizzbitz wrote: »
    Another Ouer here. I am just finishing DB123 - You and your money - personal finance in context and am about to start U116 Environment journeys in a changing world.

I'm aiming at a degree in International Studies.

Fizz

How did you find D123, I enjoyed it, there is a level 2 B234, thats more business orienated but a good course, no exams and 30 points x
  • Fizzbitz
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    How did you find D123, I enjoyed it, there is a level 2 B234, thats more business orienated but a good course, no exams and 30 points x

Hello there mum2one

I have really enjoyed the course..... coming out of it strongly feeling that things like this should be taught in schools as part of the national curriculum! IT is certainly more use than a lot of the maths that teachers attempted to teach me. It could well have kept me out of the mess I am currently in!!!

Will take a look at B234 as sounds interesting.

Fizz:)
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Fizzbitz wrote: »
    Hello there mum2one

I have really enjoyed the course..... coming out of it strongly feeling that things like this should be taught in schools as part of the national curriculum! IT is certainly more use than a lot of the maths that teachers attempted to teach me. It could well have kept me out of the mess I am currently in!!!

Will take a look at B234 as sounds interesting.

Fizz:)

I totally agree with you re teaching in school, my DD 9 and she says what giid is graphs and fractions in real life, I thought wait untill she has to do alegebra, xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport