The Great 'Split Ticketing' Hunt

Options

Comments

• savingthepennies
    Options
    Yesterday i found a website that does split ticket searches for you.

just had to enter my journey details and it told me the best split tickets to buy. saved over £40 on a edinburgh to leeds journey.

www. splitfare.co.uk
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ian.fry wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anybody help me out?

I'm travelling from Tiverton Parkway to London Paddington on the 13th November after 17:00 and coming back on sunday after 17:00 - can anyone find a good split ticket or cheap way of getting there as i've had a look but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
    "Can't seem to find anything"?
    How strange.:confused:

Come on Ian, tell us what you have found so far please.
  • KeithP
    Options
    Yesterday i found a website that does split ticket searches for you.

just had to enter my journey details and it told me the best split tickets to buy. saved over £40 on a edinburgh to leeds journey.

www. splitfare.co.uk
    This splitfare website has been down for several weeks now.

Anyone know what's happening?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2009 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Hi,

Can anybody help me out?

I'm travelling from Tiverton Parkway to London Paddington on the 13th November after 17:00 and coming back on sunday after 17:00 - can anyone find a good split ticket or cheap way of getting there as i've had a look but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Flexible return at £65 on all trains (no need to book) or advance singles at £25 each way on a wide range of trains. £12 each way if you can wait until around 9pm

I don't believe you've looked at all. Else you have a misguided idea of what constitutes cheap.

Edit - if you book on the First Great Western site there is a discount of 10% on the advance singles
  • dzug1
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    This splitfare website has been down for several weeks now.

Anyone know what's happening?

Rumour (which may not be true) has it they had a data access dispute with thetrainline
  • dzug1
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just misguided! Sorry for late reply, forgot i posted and didnt subscribe to it!! Anyway, those prices you've found are about right, £25 each way, but in the past they have been cheaper. cant wait till 9pm for a £12 ticket :-( - its a lot cheaper to drive at the time I want to go!

Can the ticket be split anywhere on the network for cheaper tickets?

Possibly Bristol - but it's a longer way round. Might be worth trying Westbury or Pewsey as another alternative. There aren't that many stations to split at - once you get into the suburban area cheap tickets dry up.
  • dorsetjohn_3
    Options
    Can anyone help me please

wanting to travel from weymouth to london waterloo return on sunday october 25th for one adult and one child

want to leave on the 9.48am train and come back on the 8.05pm train

best price so far is £24.65 using a family railcard . can any one better this for me please . I haven't purchased the railcard yet , but I can buy one for £23.40p using a discount code for 10% off

Many Thanks
  • KeithP
    edited 22 September 2009 at 5:18PM
    Options
    dorsetjohn wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please

wanting to travel from weymouth to london waterloo return on sunday october 25th for one adult and one child

want to leave on the 9.48am train and come back on the 8.05pm train

best price so far is £24.65 using a family railcard . can any one better this for me please . I haven't purchased the railcard yet , but I can buy one for £23.40p using a discount code for 10% off

Many Thanks
    That's the best you are going to get on those trains.

However, if you can leave Weymouth either an hour before or after, you can save another £4.25.
  • gowergal
    Options
    hi i wanna find cheapest split route to alton towers uttoxeter station is nearest from swansea please I am going with kids on friday and staying overnight hopefully travellodge nearby. Any help most appreciated I will buy rail card . one adult two kids
  • Livingthedream
    Options
    gowergal wrote: »
    hi i wanna find cheapest split route to alton towers uttoxeter station is nearest from swansea please I am going with kids on friday and staying overnight hopefully travellodge nearby. Any help most appreciated I will buy rail card . one adult two kids

Had a quick look for you and the £60.80 Off Peak Return (1adult + 2 children with F&F Railcard) I think is going to be your cheapest option.

Definitely get a Family and Friends Railcard it will save loads, you can use this discount code if it helps but its only valid if you buy it online and I don't know if you would get in time wot with the past postal strike backlog:confused:Halfterm25
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport