Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Options

Comments

• AuntyJean
    Options
    The woman in work's brother is a Director at Argos, worked there since they started up. She tells me he only get 10%, the same as everyone else!!
    There is always light within the dark
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Former HMV employee here - we got 30% off HMV purchases (excluding hardware, which is either 10% or no discount at all, and gift vouchers - no discount) and 20% in Waterstones. It was capped to something like £2,000 spent in each chain per year, you weren't allowed to sell on anything you bought for profit and the card was only for use by you or on behalf of your partner/dependents/immediate family unless something was a bona fide gift.

Caz
  • BigSaver_2
    Options
    snowbrow wrote:
    I get 10 free rentals a week
    Also get free first calss rail Travel Thanks to Dad

How do you get the first one, what company provides that?

What train company does your dad work for?
  • BigSaver_2
    Options
    Astaroth wrote:
    Working for a bank/ insurance company we get a silly amount of discounts:

Free package bank accounts
    Discounted loans/ mortgages/ credit cards
    Free share dealing
    25% discount off insurance
    Reduced cost car leasing
    Discount with suppliers such as Jessops, Dixons Group, Beaverbrooks, H Samuals
    Discount shopping voutchers for "high street" (which can be used in conjunction with the supplier discounts), Waitrose/ john lewis, Sainsburys, Tesco etc
    Discount from a number of stores that use our online card services
    Discounted holidays/ hotel stays
    Plus random discounts like broadband, telephone calls, driving lessons

Sure there are probably more but cant think off the top of my head.

What is the name of the company that you work for?

thanks
  • emma0787
    Options
    I work for Currys and Get 10% off there, in PC World and Dixons online.

I used to work in ASDA we got 10% off there too, but now and again had special offers such as 20% off days.

When I worked for Churchill insurance, i got 25% off my car insurance - especially helpful as at the time I was an 18 year old with no no claims bonus!
  • AndyR_3
    AndyR_3 Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    I work for a bank and get a discount on home insurance, mortgages, slightly preferential rate on loans etc. However, thanks to MSE I can always get a better deal, usually with some Quidco cashback too.
    Amazon sellers club - member number 63.
    January challange - sell 10 items. 0 down, 10 to go!
  • aiwah
    aiwah Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    O2 staff get 50% off line rental for their own phone and can also get up to 10 accounts for their friends and family on 30% line rental discount - so it's handy to have friends who work for them. They also get 10% off in O2 shops and priority booking for events in the new O2 arena (ie ex-Millenium dome) that opens next June.

:)
  • ictmad
    ictmad Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    i work at a builders merchants(large national comapny)i get anything in any of there branches(or any of the other companies in the chain,apart from wickes) for cost price+ 5% which is handy,in wickes i get it at cost price + 10%
  • Angelselondon
    Options
    I work for M&S and get 20%. Hopefully one day, we may be able to use our discount online. If this happens, by using Quidco you could get an extra 5% TOO!!!

Would this online discount work with anyone else? John Lewis, HMV, Woolworths peps?

Would be interesting to find out.
    HOW MUCH CAN YOU SAVE?: OLYMPIC CHALLENGE 2008
    BRONZE 10% SILVER 25% GOLD 50% PLATINUM 75%
    'Don't Stop me now, I'm cooking on Gas!' - Peggy Ollerenshaw - Hi-De-Hi!
  • Preet_2
    Options
    Hiya!
    I work in Oasis, and get 70% off my uniform - certain allowance based on hours worked and then 33% off anything else, no limit.
    Also because Oasis are owned by the arcadia group, i also get 33% discount on the other stores which are owned by it:
    Coast
    Principles
    Warehouse
    Karen Millen
    Shoe Studio - selfridges
    Odille

however the other stores are only at certain days in a month, oasis is anytime.

Best thing is, this includes sale stock in any of the stores!!
    I love my job - all this discount for 4 hours a week :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport