Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Options

Comments

• krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    joannemc3 wrote:
    hmmm i work for the local council and get .................... nothing !!! ... zilch discount on anything ....... ha ha ha ha

really?? have you never been told about https://www.localauthoritydiscounts.com ??? I work for LA and get:

10% of subway
    15% off House of Fraser
    2 for 1 theatre tickets in local theatres
    20% of the local gym membership
    unlimited free car parking in town
    5% off waterstones
    10% off orange paymonthly bills

the list goes on and on and on... we tend to only find out about discounts because someone asks in the shop and they usually give us about 10%
  • suzyq
    suzyq Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    krayzechick
    I also work for LA have been on the site but cannot find free parking, only airport parking with a discount, also cannot find 20% of local gym.
    where on the site do I look for these ?
  • debsy42
    debsy42 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As someone mentioned early in the thread when I worked for Virgin the discounts were great, 1st class train travel for £18 from Manchester to London and our flights to Orlando on Virgin Atlantic saved us £3500 !! TV, Phone and Broadband were either free or half price and loads of discounts on other stuff too :)
    ITV Winners Club #87 :eek:
  • silverelephant
    Options
    Hubby worked for Thomas Cook (call centre) for years. Their discounts were based on length of service i.e. after 1 year 25%, after 2 years it went up etc He left just before he qualified for 2x75% (one for him one for me). We just went away over christmas and new year for under 600 (75% for him 50% for me!). Those high discounts were only on TC brand holidays and could only be booked 8-12 weeks in advance so you had to cross your fingers that there were seats left on the plane.

Don't get too excited though - hubby was "old skool" employee, the discounts are a lot less for new people coming on board over the last couple of years.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 014 :D
    Lightbulb Moment 12 December 05
    They may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!
  • BigSaver_2
    BigSaver_2 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone work for TUI? in particular Thomsonfly? Any benefits there?

Thanks
  • krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    suzyq wrote: »
    krayzechick
    I also work for LA have been on the site but cannot find free parking, only airport parking with a discount, also cannot find 20% of local gym.
    where on the site do I look for these ?

Those werent on the website. Theyre just what my local council offer. The gym is run by the council so we get 10% off because of that. and a further 10% off as a coporate member. Parking is also because its run by the council.
  • stokegal
    stokegal Posts: 933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work for Phones4u and we have 40% off orange pay monthly contracts, 50% off O2 pay monthly contracts, 10% off any pay as you go phones and accessories in store.

We also have other benefits such as discounted RAC membership, corperate membership with Esporta that reduces the fee from £50/month to £40/month. Discount with a car hire company and we had a promotion on a few weeks ago where we got 50% off on selected holidays at selected dates with MyTravel (not that we the time to go on holiday)

When I worked at TK Maxx I use to get 10% off any thing in store but this couldn't be given to anybody else (1 lad got sacked because he was buying clothes for his friends with his discount), I did manage to get a pair of designer trousers for £5.40 though!!!
    LBM - Oct 2020 - £37500
    Currently - £8409
    77% cleared!
  • skinflint1
    Options
    Used to work @ NEXT & got 25% off.
  • trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    McDonalds is the best I have seen, I eat there a lot as I am out and about all the time, I use one I got off ebay to get a meal for £1.99 or a breakfast for £1.49 (Including motorway/airport/train stations)

Cards about £5 off ebay
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • manch235ter
    manch235ter Posts: 985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trubster wrote: »
    McDonalds is the best I have seen, I eat there a lot as I am out and about all the time, I use one I got off ebay to get a meal for £1.99 or a breakfast for £1.49 (Including motorway/airport/train stations)

Cards about £5 off ebay

I used to work for McDonalds, and agree the card is an amazing benefit. Did you not get the booklet with it?

We used to get the card , attached to a booklet full of offers . Like 50% off Alton Towers Tickets , 20% off carphone warehouse etc. The deals were only available by ringing the number in the leaflet though.
    James thinks worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere

If i help you...Please thank me! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport