Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Options

Comments

• mirrorimage0
    Options
    well i work for asda as a cleaner (although im employed by city faciliteis management) and guess what we dont get anything, not a single thing, apart from a ten pound christmas bonus on an asda card. arent you all just jealous.;)
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • duchess22
    Options
    I work for Warehouse and get 40% off, and 75% off uniform which is once every 6 weeksish.

I sell Virgin Vie and get 25% off, but you also get points for the High Flyers club, and when you reach a certain level you get a tribe card for discounts across the Virgin range.

I ALSO work for my mums company, and I'll get my wage and like it =)
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Any staff discounts or special rates should be taxable as a benefit in kind. As should free train or bus travel for those who work for transport companies. Likewise, indeed, any free flights for those who work in the travel industry. Those that work in the catering sector that get free meals should also be taxed. Gordon Brown is missing out a big tax grab here.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • newfoundglory
    Options
    I work for a small internet company in the City. I get free rack space, domain names, hosting space and as much IP transit as i need.
  • blondiesab
    Options
    I work at Newlook and recieve a massive 50% off everything (excluding sale items). Unlimited amounts! But for personal use only.
    I also work at French Connection where I have 40% off everything (excluding sale items) and also, you get a certain amount of free uniform every 6 months. I am contracted 6 hours and i get £150 worth! Again all for personal use only.
    Ive also worked for River Island where you get 30% off everything (excluding sale items) after 4 weeks of working for the company. You also get 75% off a pair of jeans every so often. (Quite rarely).
  • cricks
    cricks Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Ive worked for fat face and you get 75% off a set amount every 2 months depending on the hours you work. From £120 up to £300 if youre full time You also get 20% off for family and friends again to a set amount.
    This is only on full price items
  • No_Future
    Options
    I work in a clothes store and get 30% off all non sale and free uniform depending on hours worked. When I worked 20hrs I got 2 tops, 1 pair trousers and 1 pair shoes. Now I work 4 hrs and get the same but only 1 top. Not bad.

Also - the shopping centre I work in has a staff discount card. I save 10-20% in most restaurants including Nando's, Wagamama, Chili's....I also get 10% in Topshop and Boots even on sale items!

There are so many stores with staff discount but those are the ones I use most often.
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    I get 10% off everything apart from booze and fags, but only if a shift manager is nearby.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    whsmith used to be good at 25% off, seeing as it was double the price of everywhere else anyway only really helped for books
    then they really killed it by cutting it to 12% GRRR - still got the card somewhere but not brave enough to try using it for so little return
    orange is 10% off - even carphone warehouse people get 40% off :confused:
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Hounslow_Penguin
    Options
    Used to work at Dorothy Perkins, and the staff card gives you 25% off all Arcadia stores, and it was either 20 or 25% off at BHS as well. You had to buy your own uniform but you got 75% off, so I managed to bag myself a lovely pair of cords for uniform for £5 once :D

(Don't miss the job, though - I was stockroom manager and most people left it an utter tip... *sigh*)
    There's mush in my clock slot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport