Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Options

Comments

• spidey
    spidey Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I work as a nurse in a community mental health team, we get £10 towards a meal at christmas, and access to an NHS dentist, that's it:confused: Not even a discount on a prescription!

However, many of our colleagues in the same building work for the council as social workers. Council employees get cards giving them free access to sport centres. Those that don't use them pass them onto their colleagues in the NHS as they do not have photos on and aren't swiped.:D I go swimming 2-3 times a week on my managers card, saving about £5-8 a week.
    21% Chav :rolleyes:
  • paulboy83
    Options
    I work for a (B)ig (A)irline and they give me 90% off full fare with their flights on a standby basis and various discounts for most other airlines in the world... It works out pretty well on longhaul flights but shorthaul flights its not so good, if I can get myself organised far enough in advance i'd book a confirmed seat for less.

I also recently got a 25% discount with the RAC and have found a few other discounts on our intranet I shall be looking into!
  • mt50
    mt50 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    i get 50% off at New Look :rotfl: not like i will ever use it.
  • Ycart14
    Ycart14 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I work for Bodyshop and we get 25% of most items, 50% of selected lines (they select!) still handy for christmas though!
  • Knelley
    Knelley Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Nooooooooo!!! That is NOT correct about Monsson/ Accessorize!!! You get 75% off your UNIFORM! which ISN'T £250 per mionth. It depends on how many days you work.

For example......each day you work is equivalent to £50 :) allowance. The way it works tho is that for example you work 4 days per week......you get £200 allowance every month. If you buy a pair of jeans at £45.00 this comes off your allowance of £200. You pay 1/4 of the price but the WHOLE amount comes off your allowance. Now this may seem great but if you buy a top at £70 which is very easy in Monsoon, the whole amount gets taken off the allowance. Now considering that you are meant to wear a different uniform for every day you work, you can be struggling to find 4 different outfits for £200. AND you have to wear Accessorize jewellery so you have to add this into the equation!

AND when you are wearing the clothes all the time, they get ruined so you very rarely get a chance to wear them out of work. How many of you want to wear your work clothes at the weekend??? lol....I know that sounds bad but when you are wearing them all the time, trust me, you want to be wearing something different!

Overall it is 25% discount we get off things that are not in our discount allowance.
    The world is full of Pink Fluffy Clouds......you just need to open your eyes to see them:)
    "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Working for large airline
    Free uniform includes winter coat, handbag, trolley bag.
    Dry cleaning vouchers (some places accept them for non uniform items)
    Free airport parking (excellent for holidays)
    All meals provided when on duty
    Duty free cigs and spirits.
    30% off inflight shopping (perfumes make up etc)
    Tax free shopping airside in shopes like monsoon, dixons
    1000 pound a year confirmed holiday discount i.e book a 1500.00 holiday and pay 500.00
    Travel industry hotel rates and car hire, plus cheap stand by basis flights 25.00 but only get on last min if empty seats.
    Duty travel stopovers in 5 star hotels
    Just the uniform, meals and free parking alone make a huge difference!
    All in all we get a pretty good package
  • SmileBeHappy
    Options
    Crazyangel wrote:
    I get 25% off at Pizza Hut Brewers Fayre, TGI Fridays etc etc and a discount in places like Hotel Chocolat.
    I also get 50% off if I order food on my break in the branch I work in.
    Whered u work, i get that too

I also get about £2500 a year gym membership
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I work at a Brewers Fayre branch !
    How about you ?
    Under whitbread I guess :D

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
  • SmileBeHappy
    SmileBeHappy Posts: 9,124 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Crazyangel wrote:
    I work at a Brewers Fayre branch !
    How about you ?
    Under whitbread I guess :D
    David lloyd yer

You get discount with us too
  • Cerenia
    Cerenia Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Options
    I get 30% off games, 25% off accessories and 10% off consoles at GAME.
    ~*Cerenia*~

2017 Goals
    Wedding Saving Pot - £1300/£2500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills