Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't have a Tesco Clubcard, but I want to study a 10-point Open University course that doesn't attract any government funding or financial support and I know that it's a lot cheaper if I use vouchers to pay for it. Is it possible for me to buy vouchers from someone else and use them myself for Open University, or would they know that the vouchers didn't belong to me and not allow it?
    Bulwer wrote: »
    In order to pay for an OU course with CC vouchers, you need to request OU vouchers which come in £40 blocks. They are coded with your name so it is highly unlikely you can buy vouchers from someone else and then use them successfully.

OU vouchers don't come in £40 blocks. I just bought £150 (cashing in £37.50 in clubcard vouchers) - two £60 vouchers and three £10. Don't think there's any restriction on amounts.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    £100 vouchers which can be used for £400 on the ferries for open bids...
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • kaytata_2
    Options
    i ordered £10 of Snozone vouchers from the clubcard website, they've just arrived and i've realised that I cannot use them for the activity I want to do.

on the token/voucher it does not say snozone, just "£40 rewards token to be used as full or part payment for your clubcard rewards".

does that mean i can use it on other rewards or is it limited to snozone?!

thanks
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could always call Clubcard and ask if it would be OK to use a friends vouchers for your purchase. If they say no then there's your answer. It's quite a risk if you can't confirm in advance.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • rapunzelz86
    Options
    kobita1985 wrote: »
    i ordered £10 of Snozone vouchers from the clubcard website, they've just arrived and i've realised that I cannot use them for the activity I want to do.

on the token/voucher it does not say snozone, just "£40 rewards token to be used as full or part payment for your clubcard rewards".

thanks

its confusing. it would seem too good to be true if you could, yet it says this here -
    How this reward works…
    Did you know? - Activity Days Tokens can be used for any Activity Day in rewards, or for any rewards that aren’t ‘buy in full’.
    1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange, on the right, and then click ‘add to basket’.
    - any change from your vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard Account.
    2. We’ll send out the Activity Day Tokens and details of how to use them, within 5 working days of your order being placed.
    3. Activity Day Tokens can be used to pay for all or part of the cost for your experience. Any outstanding balance must be paid at the time of booking.
    4. Once you have received your tokens you will need to phone Sno!zone to book.
    - no change is given from rewards tokens.
    5. Sno!zone will send you an application form which must be completed and sent back with your tokens.
    6. You can find out more about this reward, by looking at the PDF, below (Additional information).
    Have fun!

So at first i thought it must mean you can use them within the same category, but then it says "or for any rewards that are not pay in full".
    So i guess, yes, you can use them for something else! :j
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kobita1985 wrote: »

thanks

you can use them for any deal that isnt pay in full - so basically any deal other than entry to Merlin attractions and RAC

F
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Can you use Clubcard Vouchers for Portsmouth to Bilbao Ferry?

I didnt think you can with P&O but only on P&O Irish sea services?
  • samsil
    samsil Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    Hi have done a search but cant find an answer-
    The blockbuster rentals deal in tesco rewards- it says for 12.00 in vouchers you get 12 rental tokens. Is each token worth a full rental, even the most expensive latest films? or is there a catch/exclusions?
    Sorry if silly question, but we have cancelled tesco dvd/love film and would like to try this out instead.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    samsil wrote: »
    Hi have done a search but cant find an answer-
    The blockbuster rentals deal in tesco rewards- it says for 12.00 in vouchers you get 12 rental tokens. Is each token worth a full rental, even the most expensive latest films? or is there a catch/exclusions?
    Sorry if silly question, but we have cancelled tesco dvd/love film and would like to try this out instead.

it covers any rental, but obviously you get more for your money, if you only use them against the latest releases

F
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport