Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wildside wrote: »
    I think they stagger the dates a bit so they don't all get sent out on the same day.
    When you check on line it usually says what date your cut off is for your next statement.
    Mine was 25th Jan & I have just got my vouchers, balance not 0.00 as has points I have earned since then.
    My 3 accounts have now 'zeroed' so I expect the other 2 sets of vouchers to arrive soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • Bulwer
    Bulwer Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have a Tesco Clubcard, but I want to study a 10-point Open University course that doesn't attract any government funding or financial support and I know that it's a lot cheaper if I use vouchers to pay for it. Is it possible for me to buy vouchers from someone else and use them myself for Open University, or would they know that the vouchers didn't belong to me and not allow it?
    In order to pay for an OU course with CC vouchers, you need to request OU vouchers which come in £40 blocks. They are coded with your name so it is highly unlikely you can buy vouchers from someone else and then use them successfully.

The only option I can think of is to buy one of the temporary cards being sold on EBay and then register that to your name. You would need to find one with the amount of money you need (Cost of course / 4) but that might work. The temporary cards are not allocated to anyone so you can register them for yourself and get the points the seller earnt. Bewaere though as there is a limit to the number of temporary cards you can register to your account - 5 I think. So you would need to get cards with a lot on - bear in mind this is Ebay and not strictly what Tesco's want you doing so proceed with caution if you do go that route.

Another option is to register yourself a card and buy 30 used ink cartridges from EBay to get 3000 points (£120 in vouchers) although this would take a couple of weeks.
  • phoenix_af
    Options
    jeferey wrote: »
    Got my first lot of Clubcard Vouchers for February 2010 and they included some Clubcard 15th Birthday coupons.
    - Bogof for Top UK Attractions - Legoland, Alton Towers, Tussauds, Sea Life, etc.
    - 2 for 1 Bella Italia, Sunday to Thursday, use by 31/3/10
    - 15% off Hilton Weekends Book by 31/03/10 and stay before 31/12/10
    - Clubcard Millionaire - 5 prizes to be won when you use your card before 31/03/10
    - Virgin Holidays - save £200 when you spend £2000 when you book by 18/03/10 - call 0844 557 3917 and quote Tesco 15
    - Magazine subscriptions - save up to 50% on a great choice of magazines titles available until 30/04/10

Can I just ask, for the additional vouchers (namely the hilton 15% off one), can that code be used in conjunction with making payment with clubcard vouchers? I realise the likes of the Bella Italia 241 voucher can't be used with clubcard deals tokens.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    phoenix_af wrote: »
    Can I just ask, for the additional vouchers (namely the hilton 15% off one), can that code be used in conjunction with making payment with clubcard vouchers? I realise the likes of the Bella Italia 241 voucher can't be used with clubcard deals tokens.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew
    Hi Andrew
    Yes you can - the coupon states 15% off Hilton's Advance Purchase Bed & Breakfast between March and December. To book call 0800 917 4319 and quote PR09TC or visit www.hilton.co.uk/clubcardoffer
    When you visit this page it says:

tesco_heading1.gif
    To celebrate the 15th birthday of Tesco Clubcard, you can save an additional 15% on Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands Advance Purchase Bed & Breakfast prices. This offer is exclusive to Tesco Clubcard members and is available for weekend stays throughout 2010 across all participating hotels in the UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • moutard
    moutard Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi to all
    not sure if this is in the right place or not but i was just wondering if anyone new if tesco was doing the double up again on the vouchers
    thanks in advance
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know either way for sure but I would expect that its unlikely while they continue to offer the Double Points on purchases.

Raven
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • avelte
    avelte Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes for sure, they extended till summer
    A rule of the universe is, the more you give, the more you get
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    doubt it they lost quite bit money on the wine i think....... i gained quite a few bottles wine too........
    SIMPLES!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Morning:D want to buy tesco club card rewards points off ebay for a ferry trip from portsmouth to bilbao or plymouth to santander but on their write up they say they have to do it in their name, how does it work then? Will I buy them have a ferry ticket in someone elses name and not be able to travel? They say they are non transfeerable so am I wasted my money? Taking too much of a risk?
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    Options
    victory wrote: »
    Morning:D want to buy tesco club card rewards points off ebay for a ferry trip from portsmouth to bilbao or plymouth to santander but on their write up they say they have to do it in their name, how does it work then? Will I buy them have a ferry ticket in someone elses name and not be able to travel? They say they are non transfeerable so am I wasted my money? Taking too much of a risk?

I know they say that but I dont know if they check or not.

I've used vouchers in wifes name etc but, of course, the address is the same.

How much they selling for?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family