Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• GeCon
    GeCon Posts: 864 Forumite
    Options
    phoenix_af wrote: »
    Can I just ask, for the additional vouchers (namely the hilton 15% off one), can that code be used in conjunction with making payment with clubcard vouchers? I realise the likes of the Bella Italia 241 voucher can't be used with clubcard deals tokens.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew

Unfortunately I have to disagree with jeferey as I rang Hilton Reservations the other day to ask exactly this question and was advised that you can either use one or the other, but not both. :(
  • shure2
    Options
    I know its a fairly obvious loop hole and it is probably closed, but is it possible to go and buy an item that gives u a shed loads of points, then go back and exchange it for a voucher to buy groceries while keeping the original points?
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When returning your item the assistant is supposed to ask for your clubcard and swipe it which will then remove your points. Not sure if people actually do that.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 February 2010 at 8:26AM
    Options
    GeCon wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to disagree with jeferey as I rang Hilton Reservations the other day to ask exactly this question and was advised that you can either use one or the other, but not both. :(
    I think they are wrong (or stupid!) - I copied and pasted what it said from Hilton's website. If you quote the code (PR09TC - note the TC at the end for Tesco Clubcard) - they should quote the normal rate with the 15% off. I've just been on their website again - put a dummy booking in with and without the code and the rate dropped with the code.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • andrew_smith
    Options
    I joined the Tesco Clubcard Saver Scheme last December and as I understood it I would still get Clubcard statements with some coupons every February, May, August and November but my mother has still not got hers and I am worried sick that the postman has probably shoved it through the wrong door and someone else will use our bonus point/money off coupons and I will miss out. I am wondering do Tesco send out Clubcard Statements with vouchers first and then send out Christmas Clubcaed Saver shortly after or do they send them all out together? To be quite honest it is driving me insane waiting for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rapunzelz86
    Options
    shure2 wrote: »
    I know its a fairly obvious loop hole and it is probably closed, but is it possible to go and buy an item that gives u a shed loads of points, then go back and exchange it for a voucher to buy groceries while keeping the original points?

Tesco cannot prove that you even have a clubcard, so all you have to say is that you dont, however i wouldnt have risked it with the mobiles as they have imei numbers on the boxes which may scan and reveal it was bought with a clubcard (i do not know this for sure, and i know tesco arent the MI5 lol but you can never be too sure!)
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I joined the Tesco Clubcard Saver Scheme last December and as I understood it I would still get Clubcard statements with some coupons every February, May, August and November but my mother has still not got hers and I am worried sick that the postman has probably shoved it through the wrong door and someone else will use our bonus point/money off coupons and I will miss out. I am wondering do Tesco send out Clubcard Statements with vouchers first and then send out Christmas Clubcaed Saver shortly after or do they send them all out together? To be quite honest it is driving me insane waiting for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine today. However, I am not a member of the Clubcard Christmas Saver. I was searching in the envelope for my vouchers and could not understand why they were missing. When I saw that I was a member of the Clubcard Christmas Saver, I was furious. I telephoned clubcard, spoke to a nice SA, explained very calmly how angry I was and gave her my Clubcard details. She then explained that it would appear that one the vouchers which came with the last mailing had incorrect details and when scanned it automatically entered me in Christmas Club. BTW, I was not her first phone call about this today. She assured me that once all the vouchers have been issued, she will be able to send me my vouchers. I said I needed them in time to convert to double airmiles, and she assured me I will have them in time. Let's just wait and see.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There was a voucher included in the last batch that said to hand it in at the till to join the Christmas Saver scheme. If you gave the whole lot over, as loads of people do with the phrase "See which ones will go through" then it would scan and change you to the Saver Scheme.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    sadeelisha wrote: »
    Tesco cannot prove that you even have a clubcard, so all you have to say is that you dont, however i wouldnt have risked it with the mobiles as they have imei numbers on the boxes which may scan and reveal it was bought with a clubcard (i do not know this for sure, and i know tesco arent the MI5 lol but you can never be too sure!)

the till receipt you use to return the items will show whether you used a clubcard as part of the transaction

you could try returning the items without a till receipt, but i dont know if tesco allow refunds on food items, that have nothing wrong with them - ive only ever returned dodgy foodstuffs

F
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    There was a voucher included in the last batch that said to hand it in at the till to join the Christmas Saver scheme. If you gave the whole lot over, as loads of people do with the phrase "See which ones will go through" then it would scan and change you to the Saver Scheme.

That was not what happend in my case. In any event, had I seen a voucher to join the Christmas Saver scheme, I would have thrown it away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure