PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February is 'use up' month

Options

Comments

• HOLsale
    HOLsale Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Also bought loads of sunflower seeds, millet and other yukky stuff during a Gillian McKeith phase - time to do something adventurous with it methinks!

scottishspendaholic x

make your own museli with it

i start with a basic (but not value brand) museli, the luxury museli from lidl is only 99p/kilo!

then i use my coffee grinder (or you could use a food processor) to lightly grind up additional oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, nuts etc

what i normally add to mine is pumpking and sunflower seeds, linseed (flax), wheat germ and luxury dried fruit. but you could add in the millet as well and take or leave some of the other ingredients

i also add in dried coconut and cinnamon as we like that...

anyway, chuck it all in, give it a good stir or shake to mix well and VOILA, the best museli ever and you're using up all those seeds/nuts etc in the cupboard :T

if you don't like museli, make up this mix and use it to make the best flapjacks ever :p

if you don't like flapjacks... what's wrong with you? :eek: :rotfl:
    founder of Frugal Genius UK (Yahoo Groups)
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As I was loitering around the toiletries section yesterday I noticed myself looking at the buy 2 for £6 offer on sheer blonde stuff, I put them in my trolley and continued my shop. Just before going to the check out, I looked at the trolley contents and thought, what do I really not need to buy.

Out went half the trolley... Im a compulsive shopper and need to be stopped!! I already HAVE 3 bottles of shampoo and conditioner! Time to start the cupboard inventory I think....

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What the hell do I use 2 kilo bags of sunflower seeds for and why did I buy them?
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • HOLsale
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    What the hell do I use 2 kilo bags of sunflower seeds for and why did I buy them?

well, see my museli recipe above

you can make up a mix of seeds and nuts then take a tablespoon full of peanut butter and roll in nuts and milk powder (add coconut if you like) til it's well coated makes a nice snack, you can add dried fruit too if you like

or lightly toast (dry) then toss in some spices

or just eat by the handful

or put in homemade bread for your own seeded batch mmmmmmmm

also nice in salads and i've used them in soup before too
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    Feed the birds;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think you may have a point there SS, I vaguely remember a plan to make fat balls?

• brummiebabe
    brummiebabe Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Well, have made a start.

Found 4 deoderants, 3 tubes of toothpaste (unopened), 2 foundations (unopened - I bought the 2nd one last week because I thought I'd run out!), 3-4 bottles of conditioner (shampoo always finishes before the conditioner!), 3 bottles of shampoo for DH, 2 cans shaving foam for DH, 7 razor baldes for his Mach 3 razor!!

Also have 2 1/2 bottles cif bathroom cleaner, 2 bottles of windowlene, 3 BIG boxes of washing powder and much more besides!

I also discovered I had no disinfectant (which became a problem later when DS2 was sick in the night!)

Had some 'Angel' perfume & shower gel for christmas. I wouldn't normally have used the shower gel (keeping it for best!) but thought I'd start as I mean to go on and used some of it this morning!!

Am going to do my online shop later, so hope I shall only have to get food items!
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've made a start this afternoon, the stollen which didn't get eaten for christmas and looked a little bit stale has been used to make a luxury bread and butter pudding :D

• LITTLEMISSFLOWER
    Options
    moggins how do you make bread and butter pudding please
    :jBaby Finley :j
    :jBorn 3rd march at 9pm 7lbs 13:j

:(12 days late and very over baked:(
  • HOLsale
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    I've made a start this afternoon, the stollen which didn't get eaten for christmas and looked a little bit stale has been used to make a luxury bread and butter pudding :D

sounds nice moggins!

i cleared out my freezer, re-organised it so dh now has a drawer where he can grab just anything for him to take to the dept at uni (they have a kitchen) to feed himself

also took out all the bread crusts and made bread crumbs

made stock with all the bits and bobs i've been saving

had kale, potatoes, swede and celeriac that we're getting on a bit so i made bubble and squeek too :T (first time, it's a novelty for an american expat!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure