Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 463

New Post Advanced Search

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 266K views

Replies

• Thanks for the info on savings tins lil_me.

Don't have a pound shop in town but will give a good excuse to go to next town and stock up. You never know might be lucky and get some £2's in change!! :D

£2 savers seem to be very ingenious in finding ways to get hold of the lil'darlin's!! Carry on with the great tips please, I love reading them. :beer:
    Trying to stay on the wagon with a FlyLady Daily Fix :j:j:j

• kazzawkazzaw Forumite
    717 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Some of my babies have flown the nest!!

Saved £800 of the little darlings & I've had to let some of them go to pay towards having the front garden block-paved!!

Anyway the paving looks lovely & we couldn't have afforded it without my £2 coin savings. We've been living with a mudbath outside for the last 3 winters!

Got off to another good start for 2007 holiday savings.

Well done everyone. :T
    :j New Year, New You = 1.5lb/12lb:j
  • yeh id like to join too ive been on the board for a bit and have learned loads since .so i started saving 2.00 a week since jan and ive got 12.00 up to now ,also ive given up smoking and i havent had a cig for 2 weeks so thats 70.00 saved there already

12.00 saved 2.00 club
    70.00 saved no smoking 2 weeks so far lol
  • kiwi88_2kiwi88_2 Forumite
    513 posts
    kazzaw wrote:
    Some of my babies have flown the nest!!

Saved £800 of the little darlings & I've had to let some of them go to pay towards having the front garden block-paved!!

Well done everyone. :T

:rotfl: So that's where they were hiding :rotfl:
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • Can i join please, i have 4 of them just lying around!
    :heart: I love my gorgeous little girl :heart:
  • slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got another one today :T in my change from the cinema!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger / In pursuit of FIRE :)
  • piglet6piglet6 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Four more over the last few days...yippee!! :j :D

Piglet
  • bizzylizzybizzylizzy Forumite
    642 posts
    ✭✭
    I would like to join, so far I have £12 saved in a pot (that only I know about!!). I am hoping that I can save a lot but may have to spend them if things get too tight.
    I have only saved 1ps and 2ps so far and have just counted the latest batch £30!! Sadly going towards the gas bill!
  • can i join this thread too, did start on another but cant find it at the monent will turn up at some point soon so far i have £10 yay me
    be loyal, be loud, be cas, be proud

look learn laugh love rainbows has begun
  • EagerLearnerEagerLearner Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh I love a challenge!

I gave up smoking on Monday so from now on when I get my change at the shops I'll ask for it in £2 coins instead of saying "20 Mayfair please"

By the way does anyone have any ideas how to make a DIY money box?

I love those Terramundi but they are too pricey for me ;-)

I have a pink moneybox on ebay now cheap as all my family know how much I am into savings I got another one for xmas! search for 'pink money tin' or 'pink piggy bank'. It says Sex Kitten so as long as you don't mind that :D
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support