Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club - Page 460

New Post Advanced Search

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 266K views

Replies

• At last!
    Got a £2 coin in the pub last night, my first one since I decided to join the £2 coin savers club (about a month ago, after which they became annoyingly elusive).
    "It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves" (Sir Edmund Hillary)

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0068
  • slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got another one today, so that's a grand total of £4! lol :)
    nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger / In pursuit of FIRE :)
  • mizmirmizmir Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Total back down to £0 - had to raid the piggy bank for OH's work trip! Will get it back in expenses eventually but won't be in nice shiney gold £2 coins. :(
  • mizmirmizmir Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Ooooh I love a challenge!

By the way does anyone have any ideas how to make a DIY money box?

I love those Terramundi but they are too pricey for me ;-)

I have a vague recollection of making something similar to a Terramundi at school - papier mache (newspaper soaked in water till really messy and soggy!) wrapped round a balloon, making sure it is all covered quite thickly then allowed to dry. (might have to do a few layers). Then stick in a pin to burst the ballon, cut a slot in the top, paint and you have your own Terramundi!

Well might be fun to try.... :D
  • slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd add, I've just ordered a big money tin offline that's meant to hold upto £500 or more in £2 coins, so I'm excited about that arriving!
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger / In pursuit of FIRE :)
  • :rotfl: Got two more of the little beuties today, so my total is increasing nicely! I got one of those large tins from ebay - I like the fact that you really cannot get to the money any way other than opening it with a tin opener. Mine is stood alongside my dragon money box that is saving silver and my car money box that I put any money in that I find. I have a right collection!:rotfl:

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• KitleoKitleo Forumite
    152 posts
    I got another two last night, thats the third time in a row I have been given two at a time in change - perhaps they travel in pairs now? :T
    Official : £2 Saver #067/DFW Nerd Club Member #277/Sealed Pot Challenge #535
  • I'll join too!

Been collecting since the summer but my little pig is nearly full and he's got just under £60 in him...

Should I change the £2 coins into notes at the bank or something?

DDDK
    LBM: Nov 2004 Debt Apr06: £19,273.46 (Highest)
    Debt 2006: Jul:£18,552.06|Aug:£17,615.14|Sep:£16,297.98|Oct:£15,961|Nov:£15,760.66|Dec:£13,204.37
    Debt 2007: Jan:£13,183.71|Feb:£13,851.03|Mar:£13,349.15|April:£12,997.33 | May: £12,300.00 | June: £12,000 | July: £9,894.44 |Aug:£0
    Debt Free Date: 31 August 2007
    The £2 Coin Savers Club = £72
    Reclaiming my bank charges - £105 reclaimed
    My Diary: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=230561
  • I just drop a £2 coin in every week on payday and I'm on £40. I'm not missing the £2. Got no idea what I'm saving it towards though lol
    Working Full Time but just about make ends meet.
    Proud twin Mummy (:female:/:male: born 2010)
    Proud Autism/ADHD Mummy
  • ashdenashden Forumite
    64 posts
    I'd like to join too :D

I've got £4 so far :rotfl:
    First DMP payment (Payplan) February 2007
    Total debt: £30503.40
    DFW Nerd number: 273
    I'm proud to be dealing with my debts
    :cool:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support