edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 266K views

Replies

• scuba147scuba147 Forumite
    181 posts
    another 5 today!!!!
    DFW nerd 144
    £2 savers club started (1st June 2006)
    Aim: To save £1000 by 1st June 2007! Achieved £842!
    New Aim - to save £1k by 1st June 2008 - So far banked £654:p
    Change Challene - Aim £150 from 9th July 2007 - £184.66
    Bronze Olympic Challenge target £1007. Current total £3340.78:T
    Olympic Challenge Part Deux - Aim £3k and saved £1449.43 (£1550.57k to go!!!)
  • slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scuba147 wrote:
    another 5 today!!!!

another 5?! that's mad! I hardly ever get any :)
    nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger / In pursuit of FIRE :)
  • Lois_LaneLois_Lane Forumite
    3.4K posts
    I'll join too!

Been collecting since the summer but my little pig is nearly full and he's got just under £60 in him...

Should I change the £2 coins into notes at the bank or something?

DDDK

I pay mine into the bank - it's not very money saving to keep the savings at home as it won't earn any interest. Everytime I get up to £100 I bank them, and it releases them back into circulation, so we're all more likely to get them. :D

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Skint_CattSkint_Catt Forumite
    11.5K posts
    At last!
    Got a £2 coin in the pub last night, my first one since I decided to join the £2 coin savers club (about a month ago, after which they became annoyingly elusive).

Yes I've noticed that too, though I'm not speanding as much cash as I used to, but haven't had one in AGES! LOL Now bribing my boyf that I'll buy any he gets off him for £1.50!!! :)

S_C
  • I've got a sweetie jar and am now going to join this great club!
    £2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- £86
    £1 Jar (Christmas)- £29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: £145
  • lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 this week, all from DP as I haven't been spending so didn't get any :( suppose that is a good thing really
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Did join last sept. and managed to save £178 but sadly used up for Christmas. Good news though, managed to make it first debt free christmas in years!!:j

Now I'm organised with budget planner i'm hoping for better things this year!

Wonder how many £2 coins are left in circulation?! ;) Is it cos i'm not spending as much or does there really seem to be less of them about?
    Trying to stay on the wagon with a FlyLady Daily Fix :j:j:j

• slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my £2 collecting tin this morning, so I can't update my sig anymore, as its one of those that you need to open with a tin opener to count! So I'll update when (and if) its full :)
    nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger / In pursuit of FIRE :)
  • lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicola I use the same type, bought a bigger one this time, I try to remember to post when I add some but tend to miss a few :o

Added another today I must have thrown in the bottom of my bag
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • One more in change today. The collecting tins sound a good idea, would stop me raiding it when I got short of money!
    Trying to stay on the wagon with a FlyLady Daily Fix :j:j:j

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support