asda chicken breasts £1

Options

Comments

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    booeyhugh wrote: »
    just read thru the whole thread, im lucky enough to have parents who have a sml bit of land we have chicks, ducks.cockerels, pigs and sheep!my dad loves them!

BUT we are \also lucky to have the meat they produce!

He can't love them THAT much! :eek: :D
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    As I said before, I personally buy free range eggs and M & S chicken (or organic) but I'm only buying for myself. Families on low budgets do their best and if they buy other kinds of eggs and chickens that's their choice.
    I'm careful about any kind of meat or fish that I buy but I realise that not everyone can do the same.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• wendiewoo
    Options
    I have a luxury of being able to afford the soaps we like to use!!!

Not relevant I KNOW..such as a few posstings on this post....this is a grab it while you can forum.... someone found a bargain and posted it to share with everyone.
    Thank You.

I have seen the programmes I have my own opinions I share them with family and friends and post on debating forums.
    There are places on this site to have a rant or make a debate this is not that place.

Thank you for sharing your finds I hope you continue to post more.
    I wished upon a star tonight that I would see you once more,
    To hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you,
    To hear your voice, to kiss your cheek oh for just one more time,
    But all I have are memories and a heart full of love and tears.
  • abfmdf
    abfmdf Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I me laugh the number of people that are calling it cheap meat who have never even seen it. It is exactly the same chicken up until the other day that was triple the price !!

So unless you protest on ethical grounds, it really is worth getting
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    well i'm back and i got 25 packets, as i had some asda vouchers.

all have been bagged and put in the freezer, just cooked 1 breast and cut it up, hubby had it on a barm cake and said it was nice, with a bit of mayo

freezer is full now with the 75p pork i got from tesco earlier on
  • babyx1uk3
    babyx1uk3 Posts: 1,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we went and got 10 packs of these, very good value, thankyou to OP. Yummy! :)
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    kyssyn wrote: »
    It always saddens me when people say 'I can't afford to eat free-range'. I'm single and on disability benefits (which means I have nobody to split utility bills etc with) and I can't afford many luxuries (no tv) but I only eat free-range eggs and chicken. I can only afford to eat it once in a blue moon but when I do I appreciate it all the more. The truth is that with a little creative thinking everyone CAN afford to eat free-range.

Some people who work, after rent and council tax gave less to live off than disability benefits! Also, one person means less food! Less water and a fraction less elec and gas too as dont need to heat water for as long, washing machine on less etc.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • jacmboys
    Options
    LICAPICA wrote: »
    £80 a week for a family of four may be twice as much as some folk have!

you are right, my 80 is for everything though, if the boys need shoes or the car needs petrol my budget drops by that so some weeks it is down to 40 or so, but the quality of food is still the same.

I would buy just 1 chicken fillet (1.80 in my local butcher) add some ham and make a pasta sauce with plum tomatoes, bulk with veggies and pasta. I try to feed the family 8-10 fruit and veg a day within that budget.

as for the freedom foods it's a nice idea but the RSPCA they try to monitor the sites that do agree to this but only have limited resources.

A lot of the promotional meats and poultry come in from the EU, I can't remember the book that I read it in but it gave examples of poultry coming in from the EU and then being reboxed with new Best before dates and new paperwork to make this look above board. now I'm not saying that this is the case here, it's just if it's happened once what's to stop it happening again?
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    rachbc wrote: »
    I don' think being on a budget is an excuse to buy cheap meat - there a plenty better ways to get protein than that. I'd rather eat less good meat and add veg and pulses than £1 chicken. In case your wondering - my shopping budget was £30 for 4 for this week, inc packed lunches and a decent chicken from the butcher that will do 2 meals plus soup!

No not an excuse i just choose to spend my pennies on keeping my kids warm and dry and fed on something is better than nothing. I believe in meat and veg with most meals and thats what we have that is our personal choice, same as others is to eat less but buy free range. We all have our preferences i just don't lecture people when i see the words chicken or eggs! Thats what we are fed up of, oh and £30 a week is more than £25 lol
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    If you can't afford free range, then why not try the RSPCA monitored ones and cheaper cuts of meat eg, Chicken thighs

Ziippy x

Why should i change just because someone else says so? I don't have £50 a week either its per fortnight.
    As for cheaper cuts thats all i ever buy i only wanted this offer as it was a cheap change for once. When did i say i bought fillets all the time.

I'd get a chicken and use it for 3 meals, and we even eat the cheapo mince thats what we are used to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure