asda chicken breasts £1

Options

Comments

• lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    The picture is the reality of cheap food.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• jacmboys
    jacmboys Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Auzelia wrote: »
    I dont think there was any need to post that picture ..
    Some people might not have the budget that stretches to paying £4 for 2 chicken breasts. Plus the chicken breasts that are on offer for £1 are the same ones that usually cost nearly £3.

until we moved to a market town recently with 3 butchers - were were practically veggies rather than buy bad cheap supermarket meat.

soon as we had kids i decided that quality is what matters not price or quantity and this is on an 80pound a week budget for a family of four
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    if you dont like cheap food dont buy it! why even post in here if your not interested in the bargain? trying to wind people up no doubt? not all of us are fortuante enough to be able to afford expensive food which is usually the same as the cheaper food with a different label whacked on it! if your not interested in moneysaving why are you here
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • jacmboys
    jacmboys Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    i am interested in saving money (my weekly budget is 40 pound less than that of all our friends with 2 kids the same age as us) - however there is such a thing as a false economy and quality over value.

i shop in asda to buy 6pints of organic milk as my local shops only sell it by the pint and the local milkman can't get it in.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Thanks to the OP for posting.

I personally prefer to eat less chicken and buy free range, however for anyone who wishes to purchase, this is a bargain...
  • LICAPICA
    LICAPICA Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    £80 a week for a family of four may be twice as much as some folk have!

£1 for 2 breasts is a great deal for those who were in the market for the same chicken when it was |£3 odd anyway.
    Great post, thanks.I dont eat meat but I know a few people who will take advantage of this offer :D
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I always look for free range - if a shop doesnt have them I ask to speak to the manager. They may think Im dotty but I dont want for the sake of pennies to think Im inflicting such horror on defenceless animals.

Ditto ANYTHING from Bernard Matthews - wont touch it and query why a shop has it on sale.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    Why is it when someone mentions chicken or eggs you get a lecture on how badly the chickens are kept.
    If you don't like the offer why look? those that buy the cheap stuff know what we are buying thanks and we will live with our own conscience. If you have the money to buy free range then great but stop lecturing anyone that doesn't have the same views or money. This is an offer and i'm getting me some so thanks op for posting.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    jacmboys wrote: »
    soon as we had kids i decided that quality is what matters not price or quantity and this is on an 80pound a week budget for a family of four

Bloomin heck your rich, i have a family of four and a dog but i still have to budget on £50 a fortnight! Try that on free range lol
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Bloomin heck your rich, i have a family of four and a dog but i still have to budget on £50 a fortnight! Try that on free range lol

Sell the dog or eat it! At least the dog should be free range! :rolleyes: :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure