PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

fish pie - merged threads

Options

Comments

• fudgem
    fudgem Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    There was another thread on this recently, started on 20th September, I would post a link to it if I knew how, but having spent the last ten minutes trying to find out, I've given up
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll second the suggestion of smoked fish and I also add a few prawns. Mackeral or other stronger tasting fish also works well.I find it can be a bit bland with ordinary white fish.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fish, prawns, parsley sauce, mash on top. Bake in oven.

Yum yum yum easy!

Even I can do it :D
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    It's not quite as good, but a store cupboard version using tuna works well enough.
  • Badgergal
    Options
    Edit - the link I posted is not working, but if you search for "smoked haddock" there is a post called "fish pie by ageandjo...go to that...

I used one of these recipes (well I kind of combined a couple of them!) It was delicious. I used frozen fish - smoked haddock, salmon and coley.
  • chloejane_2
    Options
    i buy the frozen coley pieces of fish cook in over until unfrozen about 20 mins then chop into pieces, then add homemade cheese sauce as my kids wont eat the ready made stuff, cook for about 1/2 hour, then place mashed potatoes on top and put in the over and cook till potatoes is crispy and golden brown, we also have veg broc, carrots, peas whatever takes your fancy really!
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Options
    fudgem wrote:
    There was another thread on this recently, started on 20th September, I would post a link to it if I knew how, but having spent the last ten minutes trying to find out, I've given up

Found it!

Fish Pie
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • joanne0620
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :beer:

Looking forward to making this now!
    **Trying my best to be the best that I can**

Cheese and Shoe Addict!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fudgem wrote:

There's a great full colour explanation of how to do links (and more) in the link below:-

sra's A-Z guide to MSE

HTH
    :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • redballoon_2
    redballoon_2 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    does anyone havea simple recipie for fish pie please?
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills