Broadband. Who's the Cheapest? Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• captain_B
    Options
    telewest broadband have price matched "talk talk" for me. Thats anytime local & national call and 4 meg unshared broadband with no download limit. for £21.00 per month. they did this after I told them i was going back to bt so that I could shop around.
  • captain_B
    Options
    When I told telewest that was going back to BT so that I could shop around they pricematched 'talk talk' for 6 months then they will contact me with a deal.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    SteveTymms wrote:
    Costs £10 for 2 years. Money well spent for the hassle saved. I guess most people use yahoo or hotmail in a similar way. But are therefore exposed to annoying ads when retrieving mail.
    Still £10 is another cost and so some people like me, prefer to use Google mail or Gmail as it is known. NO adverts, completely free and 2Gb of storage. Download just the same using OE or similar, take it with you if you change ISP. I have invites if anyone wants one, but you have to send me your current email address, by Private Message and I will then send you an invite.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • john01727
    john01727 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I thought I would give Talk Talk free broadband a try, but was a bit worried that their service might be poor. As I was with NTL I had to get my old BT Line back, so asked for a 3 month contract and reconnection. The next day I had a call from NTL and they offered me 1MB Broadband, Phone line and unlimited free calls for £20.50 per month (normal price is this package is £43) for the next 6 months. So I'm staying with NTL for now, at least I can see if Talk Talk lives up to it's promises.
  • suniil
    suniil Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    i'm a talktalk customer (broadband / calls) and paying line rental to BT. I've signed up for the new offer on the launch date. Got the final broadband + talk talk call charges bill, stating that from next month onwards i'll be charged £20.99.

I rang up them to find out 8meg connection, CS guy was not very sure but he upgraded me to 2 meg connection straightaway and advised me (after talking to supervisor) that i've to wait until end of may 06
  • kt
    kt Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with ntl (the complete package) for many years. Have got fed up with their poor customer service so have taken the plunge and signed up for Sky (tv) ,BT (telephone). It was a complete hassle to cancel. I was left waiting for at least 20 minutes before I was put through to someone. They tried every which way to keep me. I insisted on cancelling the tv and telephone. However the broadband price they offered was £9.99 for 1mg download - unlimited for 12 months. I have to ring and re-confirm the deal after 6 months. Thought that was a pretty good deal and have not found the b roadband to be much of a problem
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • waspinagermanhelmet
    Options
    Dear Chaps and Chapettes! ;)

I've currently got my broadband through talktalk paying £14.99 a month for 1Mbps unlimited connection (I'm sure it's not that fast though really).

I already have my own ADSL modem and wireless router, so I don't need a deal with one thrown in (although I suppose I could sell it on ebay!)

I'm wondering about these new 8Mb services but am unsure about what's the best one to try. I don't want to spend too much more than I do currently. My 12 month contract ends on 31st March 2006 (It was activated on 31st March 2005) and if I switch before then they'll charge me £60!

I've heard bad reviews about bulldog and I'm not sure that changing my phone provider over from talktalk would be a better move or not. I'm also wondering about providers with 1 month contracts rather than getting tied in.

I need a fast connection because I'm starting to do some freelance presentation design work from home in the evenings and at weekends.

Is the madasafish a good one to go with - and does the "free migration" mean that I won't have to pay the £60 to leave talktalk?

Well nobody came back to me and I made the jump to madasafish - which would have been fine if it hadn't been for the fact that about 2 weeks later - my previous provider TalkTalk decided to offer broadband to existing customers FOR FREE! AAAAARGH! I'm SO annoyed. Locked into another 12month contract now. If I'd known about the upcoming offer I'd have stayed with talktalk! IS there anything I can do about this?
  • marzouk
    marzouk Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have just upgraded my tiscali broadband from 14.99 to 12.99 a month for 1mb unrestricted. it appears that this is available for new and current users.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    I have been waiting for a good BB deal for ages as I am still on steam dial-up, so when the CPW Talk/Talk offer came out and the Press and this website announced that it would be tha start of a price war, I thought hooray! at long last I will be able to get a super deal. First of all Talk/Talk offer is not available in my area, secondly the price war has not materialised !! I don't want to sign up for a 1 or 2yr. deal in case something else comes along, but really want to get BB. Any suggestions ??
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • Jan_In_Debt
    Options
    Do not touch BULLDOG. Tried to cancel before line was activated, told to email complaints dept. A week later still no reply from them. ADSL light flashes and frequently disconnects me. I have re installed it 4 times now and daren't try and use my router. Also have no voicemail on my landline, despite 3 calls to activate it. Watch this space for further details! I certainly do NOT expect to pay a bill for this service, which is rubbish!
    Am returning to BT, but cannot change me for 10 days. Great, stuck with bull ****@ bulldog.com. ?!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport