We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

crochet anyone ?

1…189190192194195…270

Comments

  • Rummer wrote: »
    Oh I found this Andes

    Fab thanks very much, just checking they have all of Lucy's colours :j:j
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    missmilly wrote: »
    Fab thanks very much, just checking they have all of Lucy's colours :j:j

    Might save a few pennies on the way, let me know how you get on.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Rummer wrote: »
    Might save a few pennies on the way, let me know how you get on.


    Oooooh yes, thank you, I certainly did save a few pennies, very MSE ;).

    I managed to find 5 of the 9 Lucy colours from your link (at a an excellent price), and found the remaining 4 colours on eBay. So, in total the 9 balls have cost £43.55 (+ £4.00 p&p from Yarnsend). I had so many different price combinations in the end, by trying to get the best overall price, but I think (hope!) I managed it.

    Thank goodness for all the links, help, tips and advice this thread has to offer.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I am so glad that I could help :D I have such a yarn (and now fleece and fibre) addiction that I have to really hunt about for the best bargains.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I would like to crochet a small heap of snow flakes but I need to find crochet cotton in sizes 10, 20 and 30. All the sites I have looked at recommend American brands that are either not sold here or are very expensive. Does anyone know of a good brand that is affordable and where I can get it from?
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 13 February 2012 at 7:13PM
    Rummer, would this be any good to you? There's lots on ebay.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I found some at a place called Tandem Cottage so fingers crossed it comes soon!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • OMG it's only 8.30am and my lovely new Debbie Bliss Andes yarn has just been delivered!!
    Excellent service from both suppliers as I only ordered it yesterday :beer:

    It is soooooooo soft, soft, soft...........
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    missmilly wrote: »
    OMG it's only 8.30am and my lovely new Debbie Bliss Andes yarn has just been delivered!!
    Excellent service from both suppliers as I only ordered it yesterday :beer:

    It is soooooooo soft, soft, soft...........

    I love it when you get great service, especially when it is the delivery of something you are already giddy about!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • missmilly wrote: »
    OMG it's only 8.30am and my lovely new Debbie Bliss Andes yarn has just been delivered!!
    Excellent service from both suppliers as I only ordered it yesterday :beer:

    It is soooooooo soft, soft, soft...........


    How are you getting on? Have you started the Japanese Flower Scarf yet? Do you like the new yarn?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.