PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Food drying - Dehydrators (merged)

Options

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I missed out on this last year because I didn't have enough money. I've tried drying fruit in the oven but my oven doesn't go down low enough. I looked at it four days ago and resisted but I still want it and Mum has just given me 500 quid.

Is that now enough justification to buy it or should I still resist?
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • LearningToSave.
    Options
    ooohhh do you have a link moggins? im intrigued now
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Too late, it's done! I gave in and ordered it :D It didn't help that a pop up appeared offering free post and packaging :D I did go through Quidco though and they are offering 10% cashback so it really only cost me 22.50 which isn't bad considering how much these things normally cost.

• moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

• LearningToSave.
    Options
    naughty,naughty moggins........showing me more kitchen gadgets i didnt know existed!!!!!!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all :)

As you can see, I have now merged this thread with the one started on Tchibo driers over the weekend. As always, since posts are listed in date order, you'll need to read from the beginning again.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    I've just ordered one, thanks for this poat as I've been deliberating whether to go for it, so I have my confirmations its on its way !!
    Sallyinwales could you post how to do the fruit puree leather please, my little HQ loves them but we have got her eating loads of fruit and veggies and not so many sweeties, so she would love that!
    Whats the best way to dried peppers, one of the main reasons I would like a drier as I do use dried peppers a fair bit and have overloads of fresh ones in summer, they take up a fair bit of room in the freezer so would love to dry some when I have a glut of them.
    Will be playing all summer with my drier and paper brick maker!!
  • bektoria
    bektoria Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much for this, I have ordered mine today !
    I too would be interested in the recipe for the fruit leather if anyone could help ?

Thanks,
    Bek
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You must have got the last one Bektoria - it is showing as sold out now :(
  • HOLsale
    HOLsale Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    FunkyFairy wrote:
    I have one of these it is fab i would recommend it no end.

The reason i brought it was the i was using the oven to dry apples in which used alot of power.

This only uses pennies worth and you get great results.

i have one too and i love it!

a really nice recipe is to use either yogurt of fromage frais (the big containers, using the small pots is costly) mix it up with pureed bananas.

then cut squares of greased paper big enough to cover the tray. cut out a small hole in the center of each piece (bigger than a 50p piece) for airflow

then spread the mixture on the greased paper thickly (to thin and it won't peel off!) allow to dry until tacky but obviously dry... you'll know when it's done) then peel off and eat...possibly covertly so you don't have to share :rotfl:
    founder of Frugal Genius UK (Yahoo Groups)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport