PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Food drying - Dehydrators (merged)

Options

Comments

• apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone had tried drying flowers with a dehydrator? if so for how long?
  • blue-kat
    blue-kat Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    how about a DIY dehydrator, [as mentioned further up this thread(?)].

see
    http://www.k-clements.fsnet.co.uk/dehydrator.html

I can verify that it works because I've eaten yummy apple flapjacks and flax seed crackers from the wooden home made dehydrator in the picture. :cool:

however, not being very handy myself, I bought my excalibur DH from ebay.:o
    -
    Katya

Gutted I missed out on the Tchibo food dryer, now that I have read this thread I have to have one!!!! Life's just not going to be the same now that I know there is a great appliance that I don't have!!!

Can't seem to find them anywhere else for anything like that price. Does anyone know of any others for less than about £50?
  • taurusgb
    taurusgb Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced one please? have wanted one for ages, and my birthdays is nearly here!
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • wishingonastar_3
    Options
    no idea i'm afraid but can you tell me what one is?
    £2 saver club 30th sept 198 £2 coins = £396(£350 banked)
  • lex
    lex Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Have a read of the coatings for potato wedges thread posted on earlier today, think it's just fallen off the page...

The answer is Tchibo btw...

lex
    Competition wins -
    May 09 - Horrid Henry book box set, 8GB ipod touch, Jan 10 - Creme Egg keyring, 4 Ripley's Believe it or not museum tickets! Feb 10 - Annabel Karmel snacks, Disney laptop, tumble tots back pack, tumble tots DVD, basket of fruit,
    Mar 10 - Farm Frenzy 3 PC game, GHD styler carry case, May 10 - 44 inch chest DVD
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you still get the goodness when you do this???
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi taurusgb,

I have merged your thread into an existing thread we have on food dehydrators. Posts are listed in date order, so you will need to read from the beginning of the thread. :)

Pink
  • leonie_2
    leonie_2 Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh when will Tchibo do these dehydrators again, I want one for drying grains but they are difficult to get hold of :confused:

Are any of you guys bored of yours yet? PM me if you are selling one :D

I mill my own flour and have been told I should wash the grain and then dehydrate it, but have you seen the price of these things on ebay! No wonder Tchibo were popular!
  • taurusgb
    taurusgb Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Found a food hydrator on https://www.qvcuk.com for £26.78 (£32.23 inclusive of postage and packing). model is Total Chef and has 6 trays. Hope this helps anyone who was unlucky and didn't get the one Tchibo was selling.
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • Zed42
    Zed42 Posts: 930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where, where, where?

I looked for "Total Chef" ... only one item and not that.
    Looked under "dehydrator" ... nuffink ... sob sob!!
    GC - March 2024 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family