bebe-amor, I paid for pram, never received, no answer

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't just the case that these companies are relying on importing the goods from the manufacturer who are often based in Europe? It seems they don't have the means to ensure they keep adequate stocks in-maybe cashflow problems like many others have at the moment.
  • Beach_Bum_3
    Options
    Unfortunately I had ordered a Quinny Travel set on 6th Jan and a Cot bed on 13th Jan before I have read this forum. So far it has been the exact same story on my side. 5-6 days after ordering I got an email that the Items are not in stock and need to be ordered although they were shown as in stock. After pushing them a bit they kept on postponing the delivery dates. On the 10th Feb I have received an Email from Interlink Parcel Service that they are going to deliver something to me from Bebe Amor. Hopes were rising until I spoke with Interlink today finding out they have not even received the goods from Bebe Amor yet, only the order that they eventually are asked to deliver something to me. So the game started again and I called B.A. They again said, "yes, it will be posted today ........." This is still for the first order from 6th Jan. I have now cancelled the Cot bed and "hope" to receive my money back ... for the first Order I gave them till tomorrow to have it delivered. If they don't, I will cancel that one as well and ask for a refund.

The only positive thing is, that the customer service at least is always friendly but you simply can not rely on what they are telling. I hope for the Travel set that it will be delivered ... I am just so tiered of all of it ... and due in 4 weeks ...
  • bdirect_dad
    Options
    This is my true story. And all the mums and dads out there, all I can say to you is read this and take heed. I know it’s long but I wanted to give you as much detail as possible.

On the 14/01/09 my wife and I placed an order over the phone after viewing Bebe Amore’s (BA) website. We spoke to a ‘customer advisor’ called Adam. He took our order for a Quinny Buzz3 2008. He said we would have our delivery within 7 days. We obviously didn’t…….

My wife tried to call them but they were constantly engaged or it just rang off the hook. Two weeks later, we received an email from a ‘customer advisor’ called Lisa. It said ‘BA are sorry for the delay and they will deliver our order within 10 days’.
    They obviously didn’t…….

I sent them a strongly worded email, but I received no reply. My wife called them and a guy just fobbed her off saying it will be a few more days. I was left fuming at this so I tried to call them myself but I had problems just like all of you. Eventually on the 05/02/09 I got through to Lisa. She said without a doubt we will receive our order by the 10/02/09…..did we….no we didn’t.

That’s it, I just lost it. I called them 73 times from my mobile phone and 24 times from my works phone. Finally I got through. The guy on the phone tried to fob me off again but this time I wasn’t having any of it and had a suggestion of my own. My suggestion was to come down to their ‘showroom’ and pick up my delivery. I was told out of the 5 items I ordered only 4 were in stock, but I thought I don’t care, something is better than nothing.

Now for the interesting bit guys, so bear with me……

After a long drive to the outskirts of Huddersfield I found their so called ‘showroom’. It was in a small industrial estate. I walked in and their ‘showroom’ was the size of my living and dining room. It was just full of pushchairs and buggys gathering dust. I was asked to come into the office, which wasn’t really a office, it was more like a mini call centre. I walked in and sat down. The ‘manager’ (aged approx 35) approached me and asked why I was here. I advised him that I had spoken to someone who told me I could pick my items up. He took my receipt and just walked away and he never approached me again….great service eh!

Adam then went into the back room to gather my items together. While he was doing this I though I would have a bit of a nosey and gather some information for all you mums and dads out there.

The call centre consist of about 9 staff with the average age of about 22. They looked very slack and with not a care in the world. I could hear their conversations with customers (probably you), and all they were saying is they were sorry blah blah blah. The manager didn’t seem to care at all. One guy after ending his call said to his collegue, ‘this lady has just called up about her order and it hasn’t even been put through yet’. I feel sorry for this lady whoever she may be.

After hearing and seeing enough, I loaded up my car and came back home. I still have one item missing which they say the will deliver my Monday, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Luckily it was the cheapest out of the 5 items. I asked how long a refund would take and they said it would be 3-4 working days, but obviously this is also not true as most of you have been waiting weeks.

In my opinion BA is breaking the law and should not be allowed to trade in such a manner and some thing should be done about it.

If you can, go to their ‘showroom’ and do something about it collectively. I think I’ve just been lucky. I feel for all of you. Your babies and the mums don’t need this hassle.

For those of you thinking about buying from them….DON’T DO IT. You’ll only end up sorry and angry.

BOYCOT BEBE AMORE THEY’RE RUBBISH.

I hope my story helped you in some way, let me know.
  • Chewi1977
    Options
    Sorry this might be a petty small minded suggestion, but I found their sales number on the website - 07825173272

I managed to actually speak with someone who said he was on the sales team and could not help (thats the short version - he was extremely rude - I have the conversation taped should I eventually get Trading standards involved).

anyway thought I would suggest it just for more people to call them and p!$$ them off!

Huddersfields a bit far for me to travel to although I am tempted....
  • Johnny1974
    Options
    Maybe I'm in the minority here: Ordered a Maxi-Cosi Easyfix base on Sunday night (8th February) and it arrived this morning. Given that Bebe Amor was the cheapest on the web I could find and there was an extra 10% taken off at the transaction, I’m pretty happy. I read some of the reviews on here following the placing of the order and held my breath…

Incidentally, I've just purchased a Quinny Buzz from John Lewis (mainly as I had a load of vouchers for the store): When ordering it seemed that JL were having issues with the supply of Quinny due to a new model or suchlike... Originally it was due to take several weeks but then miraculously appeared within a matter of days… Or most of it did anyway: The carry cot thing took a while longer but after about 10 days all necessary bits were in the same place and ready for collection. Whilst I would certainly not advocate a customer approach like Bebe Amor appear to have adopted, I can’t really complain.
  • poppywoody
    Options
    me too i'm having a nightmare of a day been ringing all day and i think they have phone off the hook????????????????????????
    i ordered nearly 1300 quids worth of stuff and not had anything yet.i did speak to someone last week who said everything was in stock except the pram but they expected it in on mon and would all be delivered by tommorrow>?????? not holding my breath.anyway i have had enough and hubby is going to drive up there on mon i think thats the only way we are going to get our stuff or a refund did go to show room to order stuff in first place.i have only 3 weeks till my baby arrives and at this rate with the stress i might go early.
    poppywoody
  • NickMBrooks
    Options
    We have had the same problems as others in non-delivery and awful non-communication. I have spoken with Mastercard to initiate payment recovery action. On the question of what it would take for Mastercard/Visa to disable the company's credit facility, it would take mass complaints before cessation. They suggest that customers with complaints lodge calls with local Trading Standards offices and I shall be doing that today. The more customers that take this action eventually either will force the company to trade fairly and efficiently or will see them closed down. Good luck!
  • Olster16
    Options
    I have had same experience as almost everyone else. Ordered 7th Jan. Told delay of 2 weeks. Never came, called and told they were taking delivery from suppliers on Friday and I would receive by Monday. That happened 3 times until I stumbled across this site. I've done the following:

- complained to trading standards
    - sent a letter of request for refund by registered post to BebeAmor, which is the first step of pursuing them in small claims court
    - spoken to my bank HSBC to initiate debit card charge back.

I also think that the sheer number of complaints below warrants lobbying Watchdog as well.

We've got to get these people shut down. Our baby is now 1 week old and no pram/carrycot/pushchair system. I am mad with rage. :mad:
  • d0207
    d0207 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I'm another person to add to the long list of customers complaining about this company. I chose this company because there goods were the cheapest plus it looked!!! like a reputable company (how wrong was I?). My experience was exactly the same as others, placed order (21/01/2009), received email from "Lisa" stating that all my goods were out of stock (although website didn't state this) and that they were expecting delivery a week later. It has now been 3 weeks and I have sent them 3 emails and have received no response. My finger has been on constant redial but I have been unable to get through to the Customer Service number, however when I called the Sales number (Mob: 07825173272) someone answered (everytime). It seems people answer the phone to take your money but god help you when you have aftersales problems. When speaking to the Sales person, they said they couldn't get transfer me to the Customer Service department because it's a mobile number !!!!!!. When I said I'm going to hold on the phone, they left me handing for 10mins before disconnecting the line. This happened on FOUR occasions. I an nearly 8 months pregnant and do not need this stress but I'm not one for giving up. I've called my bank and they are going to send me some forms to complete in order to get a charge back (I paid on my Debit card) and they have told me to include all the emails I have sent to the company. I have also called Consumer Direct for the Huddesfield area (Tel: 08454 040506) and I suggest others do the same. The advice I received was to send a letter, recorded delivery stating the following "Under the distance selling regulations I believe there to be a breach of contract and that it is due to non-performance, I am therefore requesting a refund for my orders totalling £XXXX as soon as possible and certainly no later than 30 days. I'm definitely seeing this through and have no intention of them keeping my money. I'm now going to have to try and purchase my goods elsewhere which is a pain. If only I had seen these entries before placing my order. I'm sure there are many others out there that are having to deal with exactly the same problems. THIS COMPANY NEEDS SHUTTING DOWN
  • d0207
    d0207 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Just as I finished writing my previouse thread....low and behold I received an email response from "Lisa" here is the extract

Hello Danielle,

Another email to let you know that we still have your order i have emailed you previously to let you know that we cannot get the manual breast pump but your other items are ready to be depatched to yourself. I need to know what you would like us to do.

Kind Regards

--
    Lisa McLean
    Bebe Amor Customer Care Manager

What a load of rubbish..I never received any emails from them and it's funny how she typed a brand new email (so you wouldn't see the thread of emails I had previously sent). This was my response back.

Lisa,

I am attaching my previous emails as it is funny that you didn't respond using my original thread. In reponse to your email (attached below) I NEVER received any email from Bebe Amor apart from your last email dated 21st January 2009, hence why I sent 3 emails. Nobody answers the phone and when it does ring no-one picks up!

If my items are in stock with the exception of the breast pump, please dispatched the goods immediately and cancel the order for the breast pump. I will allow 7 days for all my other items to be delivered (by Friday 20th February 2009) otherwise I report Bebe Amor to Trading Standards and take legal action. It has become apparent to me that there are quite a few angry customers out there having the same problems as me so I hope Bebe Amor can restore my faith and have my goods delivered as I've requested and BEFORE my baby is born.

Please could you confirm the date the goods will be dispatched, by which company and provide a tracking number.

I look forward to recieiving a response.

Now the best part will be to see if I get a response...I'll keep you updated...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure