The "thats another fine mess I got us into" and I'll get us out again diary!

Options

Comments

• youareallhelpingme
    Options
    The front room needs decorating, maybe i should use our idea of coloured squares with some blackboard paint for brainstorming - poor old happy pad just won't have enough space for this one!!!

Told DH my idea for next year and he said that he can stick it until my contract ends, and was much more cheerful and did some work for my small business to help me out :rolleyes: Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to number crunch - or poss read the FREE (very MSE) mag from the supermarket, hee hee.

Night all, Me x
    One small step for ME, one giant leap for my family!

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good night - sleep well!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    £10.10 payout on scratchcards today - prob be the last we get.

But that £10.10 us the start of our new challenge - we are going for it next year - oh my God its scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a hint of new S/E contract for next year, no figures but need to get tied down prob by about Nov.

Off to go get showered and spend the day thinking about howto make money :money:

Me x

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the scratchcard payment - it may not last much longer, but at least it is free money for the moment!!!

Good luck with getting the longer term plan together - I love that sort of thing!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    I am in bed with the laptop and my dog :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to get up, haven't done this for ages!

DH is much better - in fact an amazing transformation - since I told him that I wasn't fussed about keeping this job once the year is up as I want to follow my dream with the S/E business.

Am planing on being careful until end of June when car is paid off, school trip paid etc and then rethinking with new weekly savings target to get the cushion we need. Had a look at ebay but didn't think much was moving. A lot of the toys we have a too big or heavy to post - Knex etc, so will look at a car boot in the summer, will help to delcutter before decorating DS's bedroom as a suprise! And pay towards his new bed :money:.

Have a good day all, Me x

Total £9.12
  • angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thought I would pass this on - just been reading an article on www.simpleliving.net about someone who is trying not to spend for a year apart from essentials - rather like that other American woman who wrote a book about her experiences. If you have never looked at the site - take a peek as there are some really good articles in the newsletter each month from people trying to live simply and frugally. Have a good weekend.
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    Hi Angela, it is really starting to look like I may need that website!!! Very scary but exciting.

Have been trying to make a few arrangements to have other p/t work to keep up income but won't know for a couple of months so just keeping going, wishing I was outside in the sunshine (between the showers!!)

Totals are going the right way - pay day tomorrow :T:j and a long weekend, what more could we ask for.

Off to cut fringe - very MSE - i refuse to pay a fortune for 3 snips with the scissors, if it goes wrong i'll report back :rotfl::rotfl:

Me x

Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Payday and a long weekend - what more could we ask for (apart from a bit of sunshine, and a whole lot of dosh!).....

Good luck with the diy haircut :D
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    Looks like we are getting payday and sunshine - see the man upstairs listens to you Hypno!!

Well my fringe went well but I didn't take enough off, still aggravating so going to take a bit more off today! I used to cut it years ago and kept getting told off by my hairdresser :D

Have a fab weekend

Me x

PS The decluttering has started - it's all heading to my sisters :rotfl::rotfl:

Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to see that the haircut was ok - best to take it off little by little....if you take too much off, it is a bit difficult to stick it back on!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure