The "thats another fine mess I got us into" and I'll get us out again diary!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• youareallhelpingme
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Would be interesting if we could, Dragons Den here we come...........

Well done on the new total. you really are amazing.

Me x
    One small step for ME, one giant leap for my family!

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    Well Happy Pad updated, not too much of a change, need to number crunch and should pay off more next week.

Still trying to piece together a new plan and better life (rather than just better income) for family. SIL in hosp and have been told they nearly lost her after op highlighting really need more time for family when things like emergencies happen.

I am in full time with no chance of hols at mo due to cover (I know if it came to it with SIL I could have a half day) plus busy time in S/E job.

Started by using staff shop to find bargains and also not have to do major visit to supermarket. Found some bargains and store cupboards looking ok for June GC. Main spends will be fresh and frozen - goign to keep a spending diary too. As Hypno said on her diary it is getting back into routine that helps.

Have a good day all,

Me x

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is all about getting that balance right, and that is not easy to do is it? Hope things go ok for SiL...
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    SIL is much better, payments are coming in from S/E job and we have had a warm couple of weeks :j

Have started the June GC, not such a good start due to visit to S, and 2 trips to staff shop, have about £70 of the £120 budget to last rest of month on fresh and frozen. Need to go to farmfoods to fill up freezer as get so much for money compared to big supermarkets. Keeping a diary so i can see what I have spent, but it had included new hairstuff due to new colour - need to maintain it, but staff shop had good name brand at £1.10 a bottle for UV colour protection. If I leave there I will miss the shop but will do a major stock up before I leave - or maybe just keep my card :p.

Lots of illnesses going round work so trying to take vitamins and avoid the bugs. I think the bugs are winning.

To do today:
    • Bank cheque - if it arrives!
    • Iron for 1/2 hour
    • No spend day
    • Clear some bits from dressing table
    • try to eat healthy - petit filous onoffer in Sains - yum yum!
    Small steps, Me x

Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    small steps will get you where you need to be!

Have a good day x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    Well from yesterday:
    • Bank cheque - if it arrives! DONE
    • Iron for 1/2 hour DONE
    • No spend day DONE 1/10
    • Clear some bits from dressing table Don't look!
    • try to eat healthy - petit filous onoffer in Sains - yum yum! Biscuits bad girl!
    Todays list to keep me on track:
    • Post cheque for car payment - leaves final payment only :j
    • Iron for 1/2 hour
    • Clean bathroom
    • Try dressing table again :rotfl:
    Off to write cheque and update Happy Pad!

Have a good day all, Me x

Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do the dressing table first - it will be a great achievement and set you up nicely for the day!
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    Thats a good idea, can do it while drying hair!

Have just subscribed to your spending diary and the avoidable spending section is brilliant. You really should do a support guide/book.

Total £9.12
  • youareallhelpingme
    Options
    HAPPY PAD UPDATED AS JUST SENT OFF LAST CAR PAYMENT :j:j

I have subscribed to the Debt Free Birthday thread but not finished reading it yet or joined the challenge yet. I have initially set myself the following challenge.

I have £2788.23 left to pay to reach my target of £5k paid this year. I have 2 smaller debts which total £1982.41, this would leave £859.82 of £5K to pay my self managed DMP payments which when split over the next 6 months just fits without aiming to make any overpayments to them but they have no interest or charges on them.

So that is the plan from July :dance:

Me x

PS Declutter plan has been lost under a big heap of clutter :rotfl:

Total £9.12
  • angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done and nice to see your update.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income