We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Terri,

I think I was posting at the same time you were!

I will try and get time tomorrow morning to post some pictures of the ginger softypusses. At the moment Ernie is sleeping in a cardboard box and Bert is asleep on the couch :D

3d-cute-tiger-2.gif3d-cute-tiger-2.gif

• Elsas_mamma
    Options
    Hi f-f,
    iknow what you mean about booking fees. It is my daughters 18th in April and there is a weekend concert she really wants to go to. I went online on Wednesday and got them for her and her friend( who is going to pay me back for hers) The tickets were £22.50 each day, so 2 tickets for 2 days = £90. The total after fees was £102.50 :(
    If it wasn't her birthday..........!!
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    My dad says he struggled when he and mum were first married and he doesn't like to see us doing the same thing now. He is not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but helps us where he can and I am sure your parents feel the same.
    Our family situation is a bit different from most as I have been very ill over the last 6 years with cancer. We lost my mum to it when I was 15, so my dad does so much for us and our children. It breaks my heart sometimes when I need to ask him for help, but he always tells me not to worry about it and he knows if I could, I would give him every penny back.
    K
    Finally dealing with our debts.
    May NSD15/15:j June NSD 10/15.
    Sealed pot(1)£36. Sealed pot(2)£14.00. Sealed pot(3) £6.50. June GC £214/£350-
    weekly spend challenge 7th June 16.70/£15:confused:
    Never thought dealing with debt would be FUN!!:j
  • mooomin
    Options
    Hey all,

Meet the kitties!

DSCF4204.jpg
    This is Bert. He is a tart and is happiest when upside down having his tummy tickled. Most commonly spotted on my bed refusing to get off when I need to sleep. Terminally jealous of my laptop. Bert is crazy in love with me, and is constantly after my affection. While this can be cute it sometimes drives me crazy. I do talk to him a lot though.

DSCF4010.jpg
    This is Ernie, he's a little more aloof (Probably due to his musketeer heritage as shown by his tache) but has the loudest purr ever. He also has half a tail to due some kind of musketeer accident before we got him. Most commonly spotted in a pile of washing/on your favourite item of clothing. Loves cardboard boxes.
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooh what a pair of cuties ! .......

Are they brothers ? ........ Have you had them from kittens ? ......

I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous ! ...... cat.gif

They do look like their names ! ...... if that makes sense .....

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    Options
    They are brothers and they're 7 years old now. :D

We only got them last year through Cats Protection as their owners no longer wanted them (How could you not want them?!?!) but their loss is definitely our gain.
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    They are brothers and they're 7 years old now. :D

We only got them last year through Cats Protection as their owners no longer wanted them (How could you not want them?!?!) but their loss is definitely our gain.
    Definitely your gain .....

Unfortunately my cats are no longer with us ...... Sylvestor died about 2 years ago ....... and Sausage a year ago ....
    This was Sylvestor sylvestor.jpg we got him from The Animal Welfare /Rescue Centre when he was about 8 weeks old ...... When we went to the centre to look for a kitty he was in a large cage with other kitties and was all full of mischief ...... he was chasing the others around like a lunatic and doing somersaults ( sp ? ) in the cage .... so that's why we chose him ! .....
    He loved garlic bread and always had coco pops for breakfast every morning !
    I would like to get a couple more but at the moment i'm trying to get my debts down abit more before i do .....

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    Options
    sylvestor.jpg
    I would like to get a couple more but at the moment i'm trying to get my debts down abit more before i do .....

terri x kiss-1.gif
    Soooo cute!! He looks lovely! Ours don't do coco pops, but they LOVE cheese and eggs. They don't get either very often, but it makes them sooo happy :rotfl:

I probably shouldn't have gotten our lads in my current financial situation (As I think each time I shell out for their cat litter and food) but I wouldn't be without them and will go without myself before I give them up. I love my cats :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi FF
    Your cats are so cute. I'm not allowed a cat or a dog as my mum is terrified of dogs an my dad hates cats!
    I do however have a neice and nephew cats as they belong to my brother and sister in law and are so cute. Would love a cat but at the moment living at home its not an option.
    I hope you have a great day.
  • mooomin
    Options
    Hi again all,

Just realised that I hadn't done my massive list of things to do, and I am planning to be a Domestic Goddess today, so here's the plan:

• [strike]Make PAD[/strike]
    • Do three loads of washing Two down, one to go
    • Do dishes
    • [strike]Change cat litter[/strike] Vile job but it really needed doing...
    • Empty bins
    • Play with new pet hoover
    • Clean cooker
    • Make soup
    • Make bolognaise sauce
    • Have sausages for breakfast :D
    • Tidy up bedroom a bit
    I think that I will get most of it done, but maybe not the bedroom. That is always the last thing I want to do as it's such a Pit of Destruction. One day maybe...

I'm having a quick coffee break as I have already done half the dishes and two loads of washing. I have also sorted out books for charity (Taken away by my parents who run a local Cancer Research committee at home) and organised my Christmas bargains - I ran out of room to store them, so they have been sent Oop North with my folks who will bring them down here again nearer the end of the year :rotfl: I was clever and did an inventory of them too so that I won't buy another gift for someone I have bought for already. Go me!
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are organised!

My plans for today extended as far as consuing the remains of the giant toblerone and getting dressed, perhaps by lunchtime. I've been surfing since 5am (OH on super mega earlies again) but haven't had the energy to do anything vaguely domesticated yet, loading the washing machine doesn't count as I do that at least twice a day every day.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family