We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hope you're managing to struggle through the day okay xx
    Managing ok, just feeling sorry for myself :rotfl: Just wandered over to the canteen to keep a friend company (I did buy myself a medicinal scone this morning) and nearly went *rse over t*t on the slush though :D It started snowing again this morning and Edinburgh is once more shiny and white. Pavements are bleeding dangerous though!!

When I get home tonight I have to do the following (You all know how I love a To Do List!)
    • Eat yummy dinner (Nice things go first on the list!)
    • Clear junk out of living room
    • Herd cats into bedroom
    • Hoover living room
    • Polish surfaces
    • Mop foors
    • [strike]Order[/strike]Encourage t'other half to clean the bathroom and hoover the stairs
    So there is plenty to get on with, all before the parentals arrive at eight. I know it's very naughty, but I'm hoping the carpy weather delays them!!

Must dash - twenty minutes of my break left and I want to read a magazine!

f_f xx
  • mooomin
    Options

• [strike]Eat yummy dinner (Nice things go first on the list!)[/strike]
    • [strike]Clear junk out of living room[/strike] The bedroom, which was bad before, is now the stuff of nightmares. I know what I'm doing tomorrow...
    • [strike]Herd cats into bedroom[/strike] The hoover works well as a cat-herder :D
    • [strike]Hoover living room[/strike]
    • [strike]Polish surfaces[/strike]
    • Mop floors
    • [strike]Encourage t'other half to clean the bathroom and hoover the stairs[/strike] He did a grand job too!

Hi ho budgeteers!

Well, the Fresian Household has been very productive as you can see from my list - I think I am now justified in using Super Cow!

supercow-1.jpg

Most of the house is now shinier than it was, and tomorrow I have many things to do in terms of tidying, doing washing etc.

I nearly had a NSD, but got a scone, so there goes that idea. It was a good scone though...

My parents turned up, and didn't criticise the state of the house, so I must have done a good job of the cleaning. Not as good as t'other half though. I forgot that he sometimes gets a reaction to bleach, and he cleaned the bathroom through the pain. Bless him. I've been feeding him my mums home-made biscuits though and this seems to be doing the trick!

In other exciting DFW news, I got a cheque for £52 from Mazuma today, so yay for that! Once that has cleared it will go to my PAD, huzzah! I think I am going to keep at least £20 of it for t'other halfs birthday though. He still hasn't decided what he wants though, grrr....!

Better go now, want to check emails and read book, and then get into bed and sit in my jammies for a while. One day this flipping head cold will b*gger off and all will be well!

f_f
  • mooomin
    Options
    Why is it that Ticketmaster are such money-grabbing b*stards??

I just booked tickets to see Ross Noble as part of t'other halfs birthday present - one of me and his studenty self should be £38. By the time Ticketmaster have added booking fees and a £3.50 charge for me to go and collect the tickets it had risen to £49.50 :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

I also found a half-price offer for the Shaolin monks, something both of us would love to go and see, £13 per ticket is a bargain, right? Nope, again the fees made it crazy - £38 for two of us. I've decided to see if I can get those tickets at the Box Office and avoid the fees.

/rant
  • pixiechick99
    Options
    Blimey...you're up early on your day off:eek: Have a great day! I'm quite happy as after today...it's half term!! (And I work in a school;) ) Roll on 2.30 today and I'll be on my holidays.....:p
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    I work in school's too milly. Couldn't change jobs now, i'd miss the hols too much :D

Have a good day f_f. Is the snotty nose and the large glands improving?? :p You put me to shame getting all those jobs done yesterday. Maybe if i didn't spend so much time on t'internet, i might get more done :rotfl:
    One step at a time ;)
  • mooomin
    Options
    I'm in the middle of downloading an Open Office suite so that I can make a spreadsheet for my PADs.

My notebook works for my monthly budgeting, as everything is on direct debit, but it would be nice to be able to have a spreadsheet do the maths for me :rotfl:

In other exciting news, my new hoover arrived today - it's a special pet hair one. This had better sort out the hair issue or I am going to have to spend the afternoon shaving the cats...
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm in the middle of downloading an Open Office suite so that I can make a spreadsheet for my PADs.

My notebook works for my monthly budgeting, as everything is on direct debit, but it would be nice to be able to have a spreadsheet do the maths for me :rotfl:

In other exciting news, my new hoover arrived today - it's a special pet hair one. This had better sort out the hair issue or I am going to have to spend the afternoon shaving the cats...
    I have frequently threatened to shave my cat- but usually because he is waking me up at stupid o'clock in the morning because he is bored!! (he's cute, but sooo annoying some times :rotfl:)

I have spreadsheets for my account, and our joint account and I would be lost without them. I like being able to see how what happens one month affects the whole year!
  • mooomin
    Options
    I love days off - I'm still in my jammies and it's lunchtime :rotfl:

To be fair, I have done some things today:

• Made my PAD
    • Received new hoover
    • Done two loads of washing
    • Set up spreadsheet for PAD
    I'm going to fart around with spreadsheets some more - I would like to be able to do a budgeteering one for my monthly amounts instead of having to write it all down, but I'm not too good with formulas, so might not make a good job :rotfl: It will give me something to do while the water is heating though. Once the water is heated I am off for a shower then possibly meeting t'other half after college for a hot chocolate. Om nom nom...
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    edited .....

Yikes :eek: ....... Fingers crossed that the hoover gets rid of the cats hairs crossfingers.gif ! ...... Otherwise i have visions of them looking like this shavencat.jpg;) ......

Is it 2 cats that you have ? ...... What are their names ?

Hope you are feeling alot better today .....

Enjoy the rest of your day off ....

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awww bless Fag-Ash-Lil that poor little kitty! Hahaha it looks like it's got little ugg boots on, and skinny with a big head maybe it's a cat celebrity lol.
    At F-F The hoover works well as a cat-herder my cat used to be PETRIFIED of the hoover - and of cameras! He only had to see you pick a camera up and he's be out the door. As he got older he went deaf and strangely enough he didn't mind them any more! :confused:

There are plenty of spreadsheets about that you can copy the format of and that will help you teach yourself how to do the formulas. I think EagerLearner has a good one if you click on her name there is a link to it. I'm quite good at doing them, had plenty of practice at school (yep another jammy one on holiday for a week now!) with all the data analysis. I've got mine to do like a forecast thing so it predicts what will be in my bank account for the next few months assuming the same expenditure.

Thats so crap with the tickets. I always wonder about these 'booking fees' - surely it can't cost that much to process an order?

TC x

Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills