We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• sazzledazzle
    Options
    I have made my lunchtime my MSE time, as A stops me going out and spending money especially as work in middle of no where so have to use petrol to go anywhere and B i enjoy it so much its a nice break.

Love reading your diary, encourages me to keep going.
    MAY NSD's

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey FF
    I love the snow too :)
    I built a snowman at work with the kids today, they then proceeded to find it hilarious to start a snowball fight!! I got attacked with snowballs by a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds!

Your boss obviously doesn't like the snow, the big meanie, imagine not letting you have a snow day :D
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, nice tat and snowman FF!

It's supposed to snow here overnight but it's been raining so can't imagine it will settle much. It was hilariously icy this morning though - theres a slope from the front door of the flat to where the cars are parked and it was like a sheet of ice all the way up - you should have seen us all trying to get to our cars!:rotfl: Last week when it was properly snowing the kids made loads of snowmen, about 15 of them there were, all along the street blocking the road, loads of people were turning round and not going that way then one guy in a land rover came along and just motored them all!

xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

• [strike]Make PAD - and it's a good one, over £10![/strike]
    • [strike]Check online banking[/strike]
    • Call Virgin Media about my direct debit I fell asleep after work. Oops. I really am going to have to call them before they cancel my internet...
    • [strike]Take flasks and lunch to work with me[/strike]
    • Go to bank to pay in money I took out by accident (Needed £30 but no £10 notes in the machine) Nope, it was cold and slippy out there
    • [strike]Keep warm[/strike]
    • Pray to all the gods that they close my work (Never going to happen) so we can play in the snow some more :DBah. No Snow Days for me.

Another pretty good day for me, list-wise. I think I'm getting a cold though as my throat hurts like b*ggery. I just had a little sleep and feel a bit better. Does mean I haven't done the dishes though...

I have been doing sums (I know, me?! Imagine!) and it looks as though - whisper it - I might have money left over after payday. I have £50ish in my groceries budget, over £20 in my entertainment budget and £50 in my surplus account. T'other half is also going to give me back some of the money he owes me and I have £20 in my purse for my Weekly Spend Challenge.

I think I am going to be able to pay off at least another £30 off my debts with this money and am aiming for as many NSDs as possible this month to really try and hammer it.

• Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    DSCF4506-1.jpg

This is my back tattoo

I'm having real issues with PhotoBucket looking like it's saving my resizing changes and colour changes but when I try and paste it here it's not working, so that's your lot for now!

Oooooooooh fresian ........ Lovely tattoo ....

I've never tried to resize a piccy in photobucket ...... I always thought that they automatically resized ...... but am obviously wrong ....

Very impressive snowman piccy .....

Think your boss is a " real meany " not letting you have today off as a snow day ! ....

Have you still got snow now ?

Hope you feel better soon ..... moo.gif

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    Options
    Morning all!

We do still have a little bit of snow Terri, but it's mostly turned to ice overnight by the looks of it :eek:

I haven't really slept very well and the glands in my throat feel huge so I'm struggling with if I should go to work or not. I really feel poo, but I hate letting people down! I think I will go in and see how I get on. If I feel really awful I will come home.

My plans for today are minimal - I would like to get through the day and see how I go from there :rotfl: Things I really should do are:

• Buy lightbulbs for the kitchen - I keep buying the wrong ones when I try and buy online
    • Call DHL to arrange redelivery of a parcel
    • Call Virgin about my bill
    The Scottish Power charge came off my credit card, so I really should call them and complain, I think I will write them a quick letter instead. That has had more effect when I have complained to other companies in the past :D

Right, shower and some headache pills for me. Have a lovely day all!

supercow-1.jpg
  • pixiechick99
    Options
    Ah hope you feel better soon;)
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • mooomin
    Options

• [strike]Buy lightbulbs for the kitchen - I keep buying the wrong ones when I try and buy online[/strike]
    • [strike]Call DHL to arrange redelivery of a parcel[/strike]
    • [strike]Call Virgin about my bill[/strike]

I did many things, yay me! I still feel poo, but I struggled on at work, so feel quite proud. I didn't buy any medicine though so the money I spent today was on nonsense really. I justified buying tea and scone (and doughnuts) by feeling bad, but that's not an excuse really. If I hadn't bought a scone and two cups of tea I would have £2.45 more debt-busting money.

I know I'm not meant to feel guilty about spending a little when I'm generally being good, but I think that recently the big lightbulb has really gone on and I'm realising what the little spends are adding up to. Or, were adding up to I suppose I should say, as I really am much improved!

I have also managed to (finally) get enough points from BingoPort for a £5 Amazon voucher, thanks to some excellent luck on the slots over the last couple of days. I am quite annoyed that I can't use the Wheel to get more points until they process my redemption. I don't want to "unredeem" in case I lose my voucher, so no more fun for me for a few days :eek:

I really should go and do my dishes...
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi fresian

Sorry to hear that you are still feeling rough A615MGZCAQRGD6ZCAXXC4U6CARNGPLHCAD3.jpg ..... Well done for going to work and " soldiering on " .....

There's no such thing as " too much cake " ..... so here you go ! cowcake.jpg

Hopefully this will make you feel a little better ! a-wink.gif

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    A cow cake - how cool!!!

F_f - your tat is ace. I soooo want one now! Well done for struggling into work. Hope you start to feel better soon 2185.gif Snow's nearly gone here. It's just very cold and icy in places where the snow is left. 273.gif

Silaqui- it sounds like the weather has been loadsa fun on your road natale5.gif
    One step at a time ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family