We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :D

I've woken up feeling unwell again, but am only working until 3pm today so I think I can struggle though. I'm off on Friday too :j I do feel miserable though so if I feel any worse tomorrow I'm not going in
    sick-298.gif

I've just made a payment to Barclaycard which will bring it under £800 - my new aim with this one is to clear at least £100 per month while still battering my overdraft into submission. I managed to make this payment as I called Virgin last night about my direct debit and they said that because I was moving bank accounts and they couldn't move the details quickly enough they will just not charge me this month and I will make a double payment next month. As next month is a no Council Tax month this won't matter to the budget so I thought I may as well use the money now and pay off more debt. The old Fresian wouldn't have noticed it hadn't been paid and just spent the money :rotfl:

My DFW plans for today are quite small as I feel quite unwell. I am going to make soup when I get home tonight and also need to clean like a fiend as my parents are visiting tomorrow. My dad is bringing me down loads of meat for my freezer and I may even get a Tesco shop out of them :D So my plans for today will be the same as normal - bring flasks to work etc. I'm also going to aim for a cheeky wee NSD but may have to crack and buy medicine later on.

Have a lovely hump-day all!

flying_fresian
    cow-01.gif
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awww. Get well soon! :)
  • debt_cruncher
    Options
    Get well soon FF. Sending you hugs.
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw bless ya, hope you feel better soon. If you do decide to go into work tomorrow I highly reccommend the lemsip capsules, they really worked for me when I had a horrible buggy thing the other week. But if you can afford to snuggle up and have a duvet day I'm sure it will do you a world of good.
    Nice to know it's not just me who has a cleaning spree if my mum and dad come over!:rotfl:
    x
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • mooomin
    Options
    Evening all :D

Thank you all for your Get Well wishes, it means a lot *sniff*

I'm not totally pox-ridden, just really run down I think. I have the feeling that when I'm off on Friday the cold will hit with a vengeance. Always the way!

I have had a pretty good DFW day today - only spending £2.05 on a birthday card, and only because I didn't know it was the persons birthday. If I had I would have brought in one of the cards from my birthday card stash to work! I also bought my colleague a present (Cake and booze) but bought this on a gift card I had anyway. I also got myself a bottle of M&S Bucks Fizz for £1.99 on the gift card. I love Bucks Fizz. I haven't drunk it yet anyway :rotfl:

I came home from work early as planned and made my soup which I have just finished eating and was really tasty. There is plenty to eat over the next couple of days and we have the meat I used for the basis of the soup to have for dinner tomorrow. Tasty good :D I have done none of the cleaning of the house though, so I am going to let my dinner settle and then do a little bit. Luckily for me, t'other half doesn't go to college on Thursdays so he can hoover for me (Lucky man!) and I will do some more when I come back from work.

I should clean the bathroom tonight but I genuinely can't be bothered. Ho hum.

I had planned to go to the cinema tonight but with the cleaning and my snot-filled head I really can't be bothered!

Hope all is well with you, people of the internets. I'm going to lie back and digest my dinner and then think about some cleaning.
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh, sorry to hear you're still feeling yack f_f. I am on hot lemon and honey at mo' as i feel as if something's brewing. I chop up some fresh lemon, add a spoon of honey and hot water - bob's your uncle! It's fresh and fairly cheap.

Keep warm and cosy, hun. Take care ;)
    One step at a time ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi FF
    I hope you are feeling better soon
    X
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Options
    Hi fresian

Sorry to hear that you are still poorly ......

Hope you feel a little better in the morning ....

Keep snuggly and warm ....... get_well_soon-1.jpg

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    Options
    Gah, massive glands and one non-functioning nostril.

My plan for today is to get through a day at work and that's about it to be honest :rotfl:

I have just checked my Barclaycard and it has gone from a balance of £925 at the last statement date to £788 today :j I needed to check that to keep myself happy as I'm full of snot :eek:

I now have to get through a full day at work and then clean the house for the parents arriving tonight. Yikes!

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday.

Xx
  • tomtombeanie
    Options
    hope you're managing to struggle through the day okay xx
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing