We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Awww, you're kitties are very cute. I was trying to put up a pic of my cat but can't figure it out... maybe I'm mentally sub-normal! :D

Sounds like you have a busy day ahead, I am looking forward to a day of cinema and pizza hut! yum! :p

Have a good day!
  • debt_cruncher
    Options
    Love the pictures of the cats.

I have 5 cats which live at home with my dad on the farm. My brother got me a kitten for my 17th birthday and she lived for 10 years. She died last year. I think she got hit by a car because when she came back after not seeing her for 2 weeks she was very thin and I think her leg was broke. She died the next day.

3 or 4 years ago somebody abandoned a box of kittens at the end of our lane. One of the kittens must have came up the lane but we found it meowing in the engine of my dads car. This kitten was only about a year old and she had 6 kittens. My friend took one and we still have the rest. They are strong big cats and you don't see any mice running about the farm anymore.

Anyway my dog who lives with me does not like cats so I am not able to have any of the cats live with me. But I get to see them every other weekend.
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • Elsas_mamma
    Options
    Your cats are gorgeous.
    I love cats, but hubby is not a lover of them. He would never do anything to hurt a cat, but would not have one as a pet either!! Funnily, they seem to love him. If we go anywhere where there is a cat, they make a beeline for his lap!
    We have a dog, she came from a trescue centre after being abandoned with her 8 puppies :(.
    She is so loverly:)
    K
    Finally dealing with our debts.
    May NSD15/15:j June NSD 10/15.
    Sealed pot(1)£36. Sealed pot(2)£14.00. Sealed pot(3) £6.50. June GC £214/£350-
    weekly spend challenge 7th June 16.70/£15:confused:
    Never thought dealing with debt would be FUN!!:j
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just taken £400 out of all of the PAD money I have been putting away for my overdraft. This will pay off what is still overdrawn on the Halifax account and will reduce the A&L overdraft to just under £300 hopefully :D It will take a couple of days for the payment to come through to my Halifax account, but this is very good news :D Although I know I have been making progress with paying off my debts, this will prove it to me.

*happy dance*

I have been ignoring my Domestic Goddessery for the last two hours :rotfl:Onwards!!
    fake-horse.gif
  • Elsas_mamma
    Options
    WooHoo:j :j :j
    Well done f-f.
    K
    Finally dealing with our debts.
    May NSD15/15:j June NSD 10/15.
    Sealed pot(1)£36. Sealed pot(2)£14.00. Sealed pot(3) £6.50. June GC £214/£350-
    weekly spend challenge 7th June 16.70/£15:confused:
    Never thought dealing with debt would be FUN!!:j
  • pixiechick99
    Options
    Definitely a happy dance deserved there....danceparty.gif
    That's a lot of PADs!!!:T
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats fab FF and your cats are gorgeous, I can't wait till I can get one.
    It must be great to have the Halfax paid off, the Overdraft Begone account is definitely working!
    x
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    edited .......
    laura2481 wrote: »
    Awww, you're kitties are very cute. I was trying to put up a pic of my cat but can't figure it out... maybe I'm mentally sub-normal! :D

Have a good day!

It's really easy to do .....
    You will need to open a photobucket account ......
    www.photobucket.com ( it's free ! )

The help instructions on their site are cr*p ! so once you have opened it have a look on here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15625359&highlight=upload+a+picture+from+photobucket#post15625359 post number 56 explains how to do it ......

Believe me ...... it is soooooooooo simple ! ...... it will take about 10 mins at the most from when you open the account to being able to add a piccy on here connie_21.gif .....

Good luck .... If you do get stuck , just give one of us a shout !

terri x kiss-1.gif
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

• [strike]Make PAD[/strike]
    • [strike]Do three loads of washing[/strike]
    • [strike]Do dishes [/strike]
    • [strike]Change cat litter[/strike] Vile job but it really needed doing...
    • [strike]Empty bins[/strike] T'other half did it :j
    • [strike]Play with new pet hoover[/strike] It's amazing! I have *cough* never seen our carpets so clean! It was only £49.95 thanks to the Grabbit forum as well, shame it's the LOUDEST hoover ever...
    • Clean cooker Lalalalaaaa
    • [strike]Make soup[/strike] Num num!
    • Make bolognaise sauce Couldn't be bothered by the time I had done everything else, flatmate is going to use the mince to make his dinner
    • [strike]Have sausages for breakfast :D[/strike] Sausage sandwiches are the breakfast of champions
    • Tidy up bedroom a bit That's not getting done today...
    Another busy day for me! In addition to all of this, and the things I listed earlier, I have also finally joined a bingo site for my free scratchcard. I committed the cardinal sin and bet my initial £10 deposit, but I did win £15 on my last bet, so this has now been withdrawn *phew* The profit will make my PAD when it hits my bank account.

I've also designed a study timetable for t'other half to allocate his college work, and donated the books I hadn't sold on Amazon to charity. I have had a NSD (And hit my target for the month of 10 NSDs already!)

My plans for the rest of the night consist of watching Lost and....that's it :D I will also pop into the Sunday Soiree on the PAD thread too!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    edited .......

It's really easy to do .....
    You will need to open a photobucket account ......
    www.photobucket.com ( it's free ! )

The help instructions on their site are cr*p ! so once you have opened it have a look on here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15625359&highlight=upload+a+picture+from+photobucket#post15625359 post number 56 explains how to do it ......

Believe me ...... it is soooooooooo simple ! ...... it will take about 10 mins at the most from when you open the account to being able to add a piccy on here connie_21.gif .....

Good luck .... If you do get stuck , just give one of us a shout !

terri x kiss-1.gif

Well done on your busy day fresian!
    This is my kitty Harold on the day we picked him out at the RSPCA. Harold.jpg
    How could anyone leave him? I had better pics but they all went when my mobile got stolen :mad: my new phone doesn't have a very good camera. I will put a few more pics on my thread. Don't want to hi-jack your with pics of my cat!

ps. Don't worry about not getting round to the cooker. I heard it's bad to clean them too often, honest :A :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport