We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flying gleefully into 2009 - One Fresians adventures in debt-busting

Options

Comments

• Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh loving the cat pictures, they are so beautiful (just took me abouy six attempts to spell that :confused: )
    It's so awful that people could abandon them, I used to volunteer at the RSPCA rehoming centre a few years ago and pop down every now and again to look at the animals, some of the stories are awful, it makes me soooo :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If I had the space I would take them all home with me!
    xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Silaqui wrote: »
    It's so awful that people could abandon them
    Ours weren't abandoned, the owners just decided they didn't want them anymore for some reason and kept them in their home until they found us to take them away. In a way that was worse to me.

Luckily they have settled in fine now, and are really happy here. We spoil them rotten so I would hope so too!

You looking forward to Lost tonight? What was that boat full of French folk all about last week? (But Yay Jin's Alive!!)
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Silaqui wrote: »
    Ahh loving the cat pictures, they are so beautiful (just took me abouy six attempts to spell that :confused: )
    It's so awful that people could abandon them, I used to volunteer at the RSPCA rehoming centre a few years ago and pop down every now and again to look at the animals, some of the stories are awful, it makes me soooo :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If I had the space I would take them all home with me!
    xx
    Know what you mean... poor Harold had been there 3 months!!!! Probably 'cos he wasn't as cute and fluffy as some. But he's a big fat silly catpuss, amazing temprement- has never bit or scratched (except once accidently when he was trying not to go in the cat box to the vet!!) Everyone elses loss= our gain. I'm sure I'm destined to be a crazy old cat lady... I've told OH he's not allowed to die before me or else I'm likely to have a house full of cats! :D

On a more happy DFW note, a slip up at the cinema today meant we paid £4 less than we were meant to. Didn't realise until we got home :j
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your cats are gorgeous.
    I love cats, but hubby is not a lover of them. He would never do anything to hurt a cat, but would not have one as a pet either!! Funnily, they seem to love him. If we go anywhere where there is a cat, they make a beeline for his lap!
    We have a dog, she came from a trescue centre after being abandoned with her 8 puppies :(.
    She is so loverly:)
    K
    Fact: people who don't like cats= cat magnets. My dad doesn't like cats, but Harold likes him! Weird.
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ours weren't abandoned, the owners just decided they didn't want them anymore for some reason and kept them in their home until they found us to take them away. In a way that was worse to me.

Luckily they have settled in fine now, and are really happy here. We spoil them rotten so I would hope so too!

You looking forward to Lost tonight? What was that boat full of French folk all about last week? (But Yay Jin's Alive!!)
    How mean :mad:

Trying not to read your posts about Lost!! I lost track after series 2 but intend to catch up at some point so don't want to read too many spoilers!! :D
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i love your cats, i have two twix and crunchie, they sound like they have exactly the same temperaments as your two. ted in my avatar was one of my old boys who i still miss.

well done on the PADs.
  • Silaqui
    Options
    OOOh well laura I'll have to hide the next bit of the post then :) If you don't mind lost stuff highlight the bit between the dashes!

Yay about Jin but yeah the french people - that was young rousseau when she was having Alex wasn't it???? Made me try to think back to when they all first met her to see if she recognised Jin... may have to dig out the dvds!

Yeah that is almost as bad about the poor cats, how awful must it be to be living somewhere you know you're not wanted. My mum's next door neighbour is like that - they've had the cat for ages then a few years ago she got 3 big dogs who terrorise the cat something rotten. She's got a new boyfriend and goes away with him alot, taking the dogs but leaving the cat outside with just a bowl of dry food and a washing up bowl of water. Poor thing. No one ever comes round as if there'd been an arrangment to feed it. My mum puts out the leftover food from her cats and it always comes round to eat it. So sad x
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wow, that's really clever! Like secret spy invisible writing :rotfl: I highlighted it to see it work, but didn't read it!:D
  • Silaqui
    Options
    Well done on the willpower, I'd have had to read it anyway lol - I know it's great ain;t it, I copied it from someone else hehe cuz I liked it so much!
    xx
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Darn, I caved in and read it!! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate