PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, Maytaurus - thanks for that! Don't they look cute?

Kathy
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kathy-- What are the little bunnies For -- i am sure I must have missed it but did look on page 1 Thanks
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi Chalky - the bunnies are not for anything specific. Shezmit is making things like Easter chicks to sell to raise funds for PreemiesUK, and that's what started off thoughts about Easter animals. I'm sure they can also be made and distributed to various charities, in the same way as the Teddies for Tragedies that we made last year. A hand-knitted toy will always find a deserving home! The chicks and bunnies use very little wool so would be ideal for using up oddments. I shall make some of each and just send in with other baby items.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• chrisbethany
    Options
    Hi Kathy

Please update my total with one vent hat and one bunting.

Thanks and love to all, :beer:

Chris
  • angiechesh
    Options
    Hi
    I knit little hats and blankets for the prem baby ward at my local hospital already but I would like to do something for the cause on this link too.
    What is needed most and can someone tell me what the Bunting is and where can I find the instructions to make one.
    Well done everyone.:T
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi all. Chrisbethany - I'll add your items to my next update a bit later on this morning. Thanks!

Angiechesh - welcome to you! As you will see from the very first post on this thread, we knit for various causes and send our items to groups like PreemiesUK and Loving Hands.

PreemiesUK is run by one of the lovely girls on here, Shezmit, and she regularly lets us know what is most needed for premature baby units. Vent hats and burial buntings seem to be the most needed. A bunting, sadly, is a simple little garment which is used to wrap a baby that doesn't survive. They are very tiny, which comes as a huge shock when you finish knitting your first one, but they bring great comfort to the bereaved parents. Here is the link to the pattern http://www.touchinglittlelives.org/knitbunting.html If you are sending them to PreemiesUK, you don't need to line them or add the ribbon; Shezmit has lots of ribbon so she adds it when she receives the buntings.

Find the links on the first post to PreemiesUK and to Loving Hands; once on their sites, you will find links to patterns.

It's great to have you with us; don't forget to post on here with your latest items so that we can include you in our running totals updates!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    good-morning-222.gif
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi Maytaurus - my sentiments exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only early riser! This is the best time of day for me because I'm the only one in the house awake; I can do exactly what I want, when I want. So far this morning I've had one cup of tea, one cup of coffee and some chocolate biscuits, surfed the net to my heart's content and there's no-one around to tell me 'I must be mad!'

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    Hey mioliere
    you could always try it my way and just not go to bed l-o-l :rotfl:

I've just posted a link for knitted toys if anyones interested
    it's here
    ;

#2729 includes an Easter bunny

Sometimes I have links that match up to several threads and I'm never sure where to put them
    If they're really good I sometimes post links to the posts on more than one thread
    just hope I don't get told off
    :eek:

boom.gif
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • mioliere
    Options
    Maytaurus - I couldn't go without sleep completely! As it is, I find it hard not to doze off on the sofa at night, but I find I do that whether I've had eight hours sleep or just three!

I've just seen your links on other threads - I'm sure you won 't get told off, because it makes sure that as many people as possible find them.

The other day I knitted a tiny hat and scarf for my wooden drawing mannekin (one of those figures you can put into different poses). I did it to make the grandchidren laugh and now DGS wants one for the mannekin he got for Christmas! I've already made them in Chelsea FC colours (his fave team) and he has requested a set in yellow, so I'm going to make another cuppa and go and knit them!

Thanks for all the great links you post on here. You are so good at finding things for us!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business