PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Knit Your Square To Give Your Share 2009!

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. Pippa - it's not post of the week but Thread of the Week in Martin's Weekly Money Tips email - the banner is on the first post of this thread! You must despair of me, getting your totals wrong when you have done all you can to make them stand out! Perhaps your posts can ring a bell at me?!! I'm so sorry. I shall have a good count up and try and get them all right. As you can tell, sums are not by best point! I'm really glad they're not included in the quiz!!

Shez - I shall correct all the totals later on today.

Chalky - thanks for your kind words! That was a lovely post. I hope you have a wonderful time in Spain; can't wait to see what you decide to knit. You did us proud last year!

Well, I'd better put the shopping away - I hate that job!

I'll come back later and update properly!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Swishy_bell
    Options
    Wow what an amazing thread! I'm in the middle of a cardi at the moment that I think will take me some time yet (it's the first time I've done anything so big and with cables). I was given a huge bag of jumpers for unwinding the other day so have earmarked that wool for blankets hats etc!

Love the Idea of tying all the little bits of wool together, I hate throwing them away. Isn't it really hard to knit with though as the knots won't pull through easily?
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    Buntings do not need to be lined, But sewn at the top for the hood, You don't even need to dd the ribbon as i have loads here which i am using at the moment
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • miss_angie1
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been busy searching for patterns to get started and came across another website to knit squares for http://www.knit-a-square.com The squares which are donated are stitched together by the Soweto Comfort Club in South Africa who make blankets for thousands of orphaned babies and children due to HIV and Aids.
    I think I am going to love working on these various projects this year. I am just waiting on my wool delivery to arrive and will be knitting with my 11 year old daughter who I recently taught to knit.
    My mantra is "Never pay full price!" ;)
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    quick update from me, 3 burial buntings
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi there.

Pippa - I'm updating on this post so I really hope I get yours right! Sorry you had trouble getting online yesterday; that must have been really frustrating. Glad you're back with us!

Swishy bell - welcome to you. I haven't tried knitting with my knotted together ball of wool - it's not big enough yet! I hope it's not too difficult to knit with!

Miss Angie - thanks for the link. That's a very good cause to make squares for, isn't it? I shall add the link to the very first post on here. Well done on teaching your daughter to knit and welcome to her, too! Don't forget to let us know what each of you have done, so that we can add it to our running totals!

Shazrobo - thanks for the update.

KathyXX

LATEST UPDATE:

Shazrobo
    5 vent hats
    4 buntings

Pippa.S
    2 baby hats
    1 cardi
    4 buntings

Mioliere
    1 STC hat
    2 buntings

Shezmit
    2 sleeping bags
    2 buntings
    2 teddies
    2 jumpers for the teds
    1 scarf
    1 boob
    8 Easter chicks
    1 mini Christmas stocking

Jellybeans
    2 baby hats
    2 Teddies for Tragedies

K2tog
    2 baby hats

LilyMay (my Mum)
    6 toddler cardies
    4 toddler hats
    3 baby hats
    6 baby blankets
    2 baby vests
    2 cardies
    8 buntings
    3 squares

Tooties
    6 baby hats
    4 cardies
    1 pair bootees
    120 squares

F1Widow
    1 baby hat
    1 pr bootees
    1 square
    1 baby blanket
    1 scarf

RoloPolo
    6 baby hats
    6 cardies

Chrisbethany
    2 baby hats

TOTALS SO FAR (Vent, STC and all baby hats will be counted together under 'Baby hats' if everyone's happy with that?)

Baby hats: 28, Cardies: 13, Sleeping Bags: 2, Buntings: 19, Pairs of Bootees: 2, Teddies: 4, Jumpers for Teds: 2, Scarves: 2, Toddler Cardies: 6, Toddler Hats: 4, Baby Blankets: 7, Baby Vests: 2, Squares: 124, Boobs: 1, Easter chicks: 8, Mini Christmas stocking:
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Options
    1 easter chick for me please
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • mioliere
    Options
    Hi Shez - I'll add your latest chick to the last update! Thanks.

Kathy
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

• maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]DUCKLING KNITTING PATTERN[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]HOW TO TURN A DUCKLING INTO A BUNNY[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://kat-knits.blogspot.com/2007/03/some-easter-peeps.html[/FONT]

121436534_b10e08658a.jpg

[FONT=&quot]437016729_59dea68920.jpg
    [/FONT]
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    aww they look lovely
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport